Expired

Would a cherry bomb pass mot?

Found 4th May 2013
I have just bought a cherry bomb exhaust and I was wondering if it would pass MOT test before i fit it my MOT is not due till next April but I would just like to know just in case

Also I have a Peugeot 206 1.4

Thanks in advance.

1. Ask
  2. Cherry
  3. Mot
9 Comments

Taken from retrorides.proboards.com/ind…166 a site for kids who do not want to grow up.

There is no type approval for individual car exhaust pipe parts. So you can make your own or use whatever. Thus a Cherry Bomb won't in and of itself be illegal. So long as it meets the prevailing rules on noise levels you can use what you like.

Read more: retrorides.proboards.com/ind…166#ixzz2SKhQBrRo

MOT is an interesting one because it requires the "original number and type of silencers" or similar words which technically means ANY aftermarket exhaust is illegal unless it is to stock pattern...

Aren't there sound regulations now as well?

Just wondering, I thought it was the case.

Either way don't put it on, you'll look like a D*ckhead.

Original Poster

Argoj

Taken from … Taken from http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=80166 a site for kids who do not want to grow up. There is no type approval for individual car exhaust pipe parts. So you can make your own or use whatever. Thus a Cherry Bomb won't in and of itself be illegal. So long as it meets the prevailing rules on noise levels you can use what you like.Read more: http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=80166#ixzz2SKhQBrRoMOT is an interesting one because it requires the "original number and type of silencers" or similar words which technically means ANY aftermarket exhaust is illegal unless it is to stock pattern...

Thanks for that lol doesn't really tell me anything about passing mot
teh arn

Aren't there sound regulations now as well?Just wondering, I thought it … Aren't there sound regulations now as well?Just wondering, I thought it was the case.Either way don't put it on, you'll look like a D*ckhead.

would be fun

Argoj

Taken from … Taken from http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=80166 a site for kids who do not want to grow up. There is no type approval for individual car exhaust pipe parts. So you can make your own or use whatever. Thus a Cherry Bomb won't in and of itself be illegal. So long as it meets the prevailing rules on noise levels you can use what you like.Read more: http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=80166#ixzz2SKhQBrRoMOT is an interesting one because it requires the "original number and type of silencers" or similar words which technically means ANY aftermarket exhaust is illegal unless it is to stock pattern...

teh arn

Aren't there sound regulations now as well?Just wondering, I thought it … Aren't there sound regulations now as well?Just wondering, I thought it was the case.Either way don't put it on, you'll look like a D*ckhead.

It really wont. It's a 1.4.

Trust me, you'll look stupid and draw attention to yourself.

teh arn

Either way don't put it on, you'll look like a D*ckhead.

Agreed. Anyone over 21 despises the chav-modded-cars with fake exhausts. Really aren't fooling anyone.

You can fail an MOT for exhaust being too loud. I think most only check emissions though.

Banned

teh arn

It really wont. It's a 1.4.Trust me, you'll look stupid and draw … It really wont. It's a 1.4.Trust me, you'll look stupid and draw attention to yourself.

+1

not to mention being pulled up by the coppers every time you take it out

csiman

+1not to mention being pulled up by the coppers every time you take it out

Not only that, but people will literally laugh at you. All that noise and nothing to show for it.....

A cherry bomb fails the MOT on taste grounds.

I'm guessing by all the replies that a cherry bomb exhaust is the name for those huge loud exhausts that all the chavs seem to have on their saxos/corsas/206's??

I always wondered what they were called,they are bloody awful!! Is there really any need to scare folk to death with that kind of noise!:|

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.