Would a decorator.....

Posted 1st Oct
..... finish stairwell papering that has been started? I have done as far as I can without requiring stair scaffolding (?) / super ladders? also a wall that has a fuse box, light switch, socket and 2 internet points on it.
Basically asking if they will do what I can't.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
yes
tardytortoise01/10/2019 19:23

yes

Brill, I just have visions of them saying no as they haven't started it.
No
Not many tradespeople will want that small sort of work. They’re after doing all or nothing. You could put the job on checkatrade and see if you get any response, can you not ask family or a friend to help?
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 1st Oct
As above ^ they don't want small jobs, they will round it up to a days labour so you might get a ridiculous quote but if your happy to pay then they will do anything. I would find some other jobs you can add.
Edited by: "MR1123" 1st Oct
Any decorator that's any good will be turning work away, never mind taking jobs on like this.

You'll just have to contact a few.
ScubaDudes01/10/2019 20:33

Any decorator that's any good will be turning work away, never mind taking …Any decorator that's any good will be turning work away, never mind taking jobs on like this.You'll just have to contact a few.

I'll do this. See even if I hired the proper ladders I still wouldnt be able to do the wall with all the stuff on. Might have to wait a little and tack the kitchen on too so its a big enough job.

Thanks for replies all
Toptrumpet01/10/2019 20:20

Not many tradespeople will want that small sort of work. They’re after d …Not many tradespeople will want that small sort of work. They’re after doing all or nothing. You could put the job on checkatrade and see if you get any response, can you not ask family or a friend to help?

Keep getting asked why I haven't finished it yet despite asking for help. Unfortunately my friends and family always pay others to do their work so not willing to get their hands dirty for themselves let alone anyone else. Ive done what I can and now I'm stuck.
(Not because Im fat coz despite username I'm really not )
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants