Groups

Would a list of banned/restricted sites be useful? A Blacklist?

Would a list of banned websites (including why they are banned - e.g. self promotion, unsecure websites, bad customer service etc.) be useful? It would help to avoid deals being posted that subsequently get removed and also help to identify any really dodgy goings on.

edit: I'm posting this after almost responding to a thread about a nixelectronics.co.uk deal which was deleted by a mod. If a list existed, then the OP would see the name and reason for the ban and then not waste their time or other posters time by starting a thread.

13 Comments

There already is, if you try to post a deal for a blacklisted site it will have "banned" next to it.

considering whether you'd find yourself on the end of some legal rammifications if you were to share such a list!

Supermod

Should this be in "Feedback?"

This is the internet.......the list could be millions long.

Original Poster

Spriggan;5366156

There already is, if you try to post a deal for a blacklisted site it … There already is, if you try to post a deal for a blacklisted site it will have "banned" next to it.

There seems to be alot of threads that get posted which then get deleted, so this list isnt upto date.

ClarityofMind;5366158

considering whether you'd find yourself on the end of some legal … considering whether you'd find yourself on the end of some legal rammifications if you were to share such a list!

If you're breaking site rules, you get banned - no legal ramifications. If there is some question over the legality/safety/respectability of a deal site, then it is only sensible to ban them until they reassure the mods that whatever the problem is has been resolved. Again, I'm not promoting lynch mobs, so no legal ramifications (just be careful about the wording)

Supermod

social lurker;5366260

There seems to be alot of threads that get posted which then get deleted, … There seems to be alot of threads that get posted which then get deleted, so this list isnt upto date.If you're breaking site rules, you get banned - no legal ramifications. If there is some question over the legality/safety/respectability of a deal site, then it is only sensible to ban them until they reassure the mods that whatever the problem is has been resolved. Again, I'm not promoting lynch mobs, so no legal ramifications (just be careful about the wording)

Think about libel. There may be occasions where this might lead people into trouble.

lumoruk;5366356

I've just added these two to my block list for … I've just added these two to my block list for phisingevrenselrock.netbbcr.com.br

I think OP is talking about the blacklist of retailers on this site..

Original Poster

You dont have to libel someone - it would obviously be controlled by the mods.

All you would need to say is:

Acme - Self promotion
    Midco - Unsecure website
    XYZ - Misc Banned (Non specific)

or similar.

I'm not advocating:
    Microsoft - Causes cancer
    or anything remotely defamatory. Just a list of sites that dont meet the basics for being listed on here.

Make sure Anglian windows is on any black list,,,The scumbags,,,

magicjay1986;5366281

Think about libel. There may be occasions where this might lead people … Think about libel. There may be occasions where this might lead people into trouble.

That's what I was meaning.

Banned

Titchimp;5366374

I think OP is talking about the blacklist of retailers on this site..

just saying...

they keep trying to get my bank details for every bank under the moon :x

Supermod

social lurker;5366419

You dont have to libel someone - it would obviously be controlled by the … You dont have to libel someone - it would obviously be controlled by the mods. All you would need to say is:Acme - Self promotionMidco - Unsecure websiteXYZ - Misc Banned (Non specific)or similar.I'm not advocating:Microsoft - Causes canceror anything remotely defamatory. Just a list of sites that dont meet the basics for being listed on here.

Which is what HUKD would do...but many members would lay foundations before the mods contemplate adding them to a list and any personal experiences would deter many users from using a legitimate site.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …271933
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764563
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.1719
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523459

See more discussions