Groups

would an american iphone work here in the uk?

thanks

13 Comments

Jailbreak it and then unlock it to our networks.

Original Poster

Syzable

Jailbreak it and then unlock it to our networks.

is jailbreak something i could do myself?

Banned

An AT&T phone would work once unlocked (either officially or unofficially).

A Verizon phone would not work at all, regardless of unlock status - the GSM part of the CDMA/GSM chip is disabled.

JO-JO

is jailbreak something i could do myself?

Yes, lots of guides on the net and very easy to do.

Banned

You should really listen to me.... if you buy a a Verizon iPhone you will be wasting your money.

Original Poster

vibeone

An AT&T phone would work once unlocked (either officially or … An AT&T phone would work once unlocked (either officially or unofficially).A Verizon phone would not work at all, regardless of unlock status - the GSM part of the CDMA/GSM chip is disabled.

sorry but don't understand gsm/cdma/vibeone/at&t?? or verison.. please let me know what it is
    Edited by: "JO-JO" 13th Jun 2011

Banned

There are 2 types of iPhone 4's.... and two different types of networks in america (not like different bands, different systems totally)...

if its a Verizon iPhone 4, it won't work here. GSM is the network type used in this country.

Banned

VB - I get the feeling your wasting your virtual breath here....

I wouldnt bother its not worth the hassle
    theyre all locked, mostly to AT&T.

getting a jailbreak unlock these days is tricky and not worth the hassle imo
    sooner or later your gonna have to restore and youll loose the unlock

you can get a cheap iphone on these forums or ebay
    o2 handsets are generally easy to unlock, 15quid and theyll unlock any iphone

so buy one here or ebay thats unlocked or on o2
    youll have no problems in the future

JO-JO

sorry but don't understand gsm/cdma/vibeone/at&t?? or verison.. please … sorry but don't understand gsm/cdma/vibeone/at&t?? or verison.. please let me know what it is

I get the impression it's something along the lines of Betamax or VHS when video recorders came out .
    Or, if you are young, then the difference between Blu-ray or HD dvds.

Amirite?

localboy

I wouldnt bother its not worth the hassletheyre all locked, mostly to … I wouldnt bother its not worth the hassletheyre all locked, mostly to AT&T.getting a jailbreak unlock these days is tricky and not worth the hassle imosooner or later your gonna have to restore and youll loose the unlockyou can get a cheap iphone on these forums or ebayo2 handsets are generally easy to unlock, 15quid and theyll unlock any iphoneso buy one here or ebay thats unlocked or on o2youll have no problems in the future

Must be officially unlocked or the baseband is changed to 06:15 and updating via itunes can brick it.

Banned

localboy

I wouldnt bother its not worth the hassletheyre all locked, mostly to … I wouldnt bother its not worth the hassletheyre all locked, mostly to AT&T.getting a jailbreak unlock these days is tricky and not worth the hassle imosooner or later your gonna have to restore and youll loose the unlockyou can get a cheap iphone on these forums or ebayo2 handsets are generally easy to unlock, 15quid and theyll unlock any iphoneso buy one here or ebay thats unlocked or on o2youll have no problems in the future

I like how you wrote this as a poem.

Any suggestions as to who to go for when i take my iphone to USA .

Unlocked so need a reasonable PAYG/30 day provider.

Any help appreciated

Edited by: "rcwmeg" 13th Jun 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …87150
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226

See more discussions