Groups

Would an American PS3 work here???

I am going to NY next month and am thinking of buying a PS3 while over there. Does anyone know if they are fully compatible with the games, blu-ray discs and hardware over here?

Thanks in advance for your help

9 Comments

As far as I am aware the games are region free, but the blue ray movies are region encoded.

Yes, blu-ray games are compatable.

blu-ray disc films are not.

PS2 games will not be compatable unless they are NTSC games.

all other hardware should be fine.

Yes...

need to check your voltage as well. The US operates off 110v system, so the power unit will need a European transformer to go with it.

*Sigh* The PS3 has an auto-switching power supply (I use a jap one in the UK) so no transformer is required. Over 60% of blu-rays have no region encoding on them, but I buy all my Blu-rays from america anyway, as they are much cheeper.
    Unless you want to play uk ps2 games (and the new ps3's can't play ps2 games anyway...) an american ps3 would be a good idea. :thumbsup:

djfluff;1684497

Over 60% of blu-rays have no region encoding on them, but I buy all my … Over 60% of blu-rays have no region encoding on them, but I buy all my Blu-rays from america anyway, as they are much cheeper.

Is that 60% of the ones in the UK?

Original Poster

t0mm;1684173

Yes, blu-ray games are compatable.blu-ray disc films are not.PS2 games … Yes, blu-ray games are compatable.blu-ray disc films are not.PS2 games will not be compatable unless they are NTSC games.all other hardware should be fine.

I am assuming all games are blu-ray then, yes?

Banned

t0mm;1684173

Yes, blu-ray games are compatable.blu-ray disc films are not.PS2 games … Yes, blu-ray games are compatable.blu-ray disc films are not.PS2 games will not be compatable unless they are NTSC games.all other hardware should be fine.

not quite. most films are region free too. See here :-

bluray.liesinc.net/

thesaint;1684626

Is that 60% of the ones in the UK?

About 60% of US blu-Rays are region free, and therefore cheeper to import than to buy here (for thos with a UK Ps3. People with a Jap/US Ps3 can buy ANY bluray from amerca/japan.

PS3 games from ANY region will work on ANY Ps3 console. Clear?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Finally got a Xbox one s44
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!1011
      3. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      4. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22

See more discussions