Would ebay pull a listing because of java script?

Found 3rd Jun 2007
Hi

My wife runs a invite only craft forum for eBay sellers to swap tips etc.

They have someone on there who is saying that they have had three listings removed because the templates they are using has right click disabled to stop pictures being downloaded.

They say that someone has reported them because this interferes with eBay and that is the reason the listings have been removed.

Has anyone heard of this reason for eBay removing listings ?

11 Comments

stora

HiMy wife runs a invite only craft forum for eBay sellers to swap tips … HiMy wife runs a invite only craft forum for eBay sellers to swap tips etc.They have someone on there who is saying that they have had three listings removed because the templates they are using has right click disabled to stop pictures being downloaded.They say that someone has reported them because this interferes with eBay and that is the reason the listings have been removed.Has anyone heard of this reason for eBay removing listings ?

Java Script and ebay don't go together. It must have been reported for it to be removed, maybe a 'competitor or someone with a 'grudge'against the seller.
I know a Power Seller who use to use the 'right click' disable script and she was suspended for repeated use of it, after being warned loads of times. :-(

Can't they watermark the photos instead? Disabling right click with JS is useless anyway - it's easy to get around.

Banned

Why bother with that? people can print screen?

Original Poster

Some of the group have paid for these templates and they have the java script embedded.

It seems that someone has it in for this group and is now reporting the members for anything they find wrong on the listing. As other members are now having their listing removed because of this.

Admin

Can't they watermark the photos instead? Disabling right click with JS is … Can't they watermark the photos instead? Disabling right click with JS is useless anyway - it's easy to get around.

I do this with both my ID's:-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/DINOSTEVEUS/bt-extension-boostercopy2.jpg

stora

Some of the group have paid for these templates and they have the java … Some of the group have paid for these templates and they have the java script embedded.It seems that someone has it in for this group and is now reporting the members for anything they find wrong on the listing. As other members are now having their listing removed because of this.

This 'person' will soon get fed up of checking all the listing, give it time.

dinosteveus

This 'person' will soon get fed up of checking all the listing, give it … This 'person' will soon get fed up of checking all the listing, give it time.

1422 feedback look at you

dinosteveus

I do this with both my ID's:-

Have you thought about doing a semi transparant watermark? looks much nicer imho

ade2j

1422 feedback look at you

That's on my 'naff' ID :whistling:

Starlet

Have you thought about doing a semi transparant watermark? looks much … Have you thought about doing a semi transparant watermark? looks much nicer imho

I do that on my other account but I didn't want to post an example of it. :w00t:

Fair dos
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?12
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769651
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35114

See more discussions