Would i be able to sell a Chipped Wii console?

Found 25th Jun 2012
I got the Wii chipped when we first got it so it could play copied games etc but would it be difficult to sell because of this. It has everything else with it.
Community Updates
MiscConsoleWii
7 Comments
Probably not too tricky.
Don`t take it to a shop,,,,,,sell it on here and "say" its been Modded or ebay gumtree.
Original Poster
Thanks for that. Is it worth more or less modded?
You can mod them easily without a chip, and for free, so I wouldn't expect much more tbh.
mymymy

Thanks for that. Is it worth more or less modded?

All depends, its all fine and dandy till someone buys it and and inserts a new updated game brought from the shop, it will then update the wii thay will then after update the Modded files.

I recently sold my old PSP with modded firmware on Fleebay. They took it down before the auction started saying it was against their rules. Changed the auction wording but included a pic of the fiirmware and it went for the same price as a standard 2nd hand one without question. Though buyer wasnt aware of what the modded firmware was or what it did!!!

Might be worth selling it on a Wii forum as in my experience (though bit out of touch atm) old Wiis with old firmware are becoming difficult to find and new ones are more and more dificult to modify. Therefore it might go for a few quid extra to the right person! My Wii games run off a HDD (all purchased games) and from memory you can rip the updates out of the game to prevent it updating but I have never tried it.
FLOBADOB

I recently sold my old PSP with modded firmware on Fleebay. They took it … I recently sold my old PSP with modded firmware on Fleebay. They took it down before the auction started saying it was against their rules. Changed the auction wording but included a pic of the fiirmware and it went for the same price as a standard 2nd hand one without question. Though buyer wasnt aware of what the modded firmware was or what it did!!!Might be worth selling it on a Wii forum as in my experience (though bit out of touch atm) old Wiis with old firmware are becoming difficult to find and new ones are more and more dificult to modify. Therefore it might go for a few quid extra to the right person! My Wii games run off a HDD (all purchased games) and from memory you can rip the updates out of the game to prevent it updating but I have never tried it.

Most wii firmwares can be softmodded now anyway, don't think it really matters.
You can "scrub" games to stop them attempting to update.

OP, you'll be able to sell it for the same as non chipped wii consoles, no real value added.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants