would i need to add a splitter and virgin extension cable here for an additional feed? (virgin box)

Found 29th Dec 2017
2867382-HkRlH.jpgat the moment i have it set upstairs (which will become a bedroom)
and i want to put the stb box downstairs in the new lounge, which is the best way to route the cable nicely.
can i do it from the box on the outside wall? this is what it looks like its when i unscrewed the panel)

would cables would i need for an additional feed? ( i would like the existing cable to be kept upstairs) which currently has an stb box and router

thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronics
8 Comments
If not going to have box upstairs then no splitter needed if you are keeping the stb upstairs and adding a box downstairs then need 2 way splitter
do i need to add the splitter in this picture - unscrew the black cable connections and add the splitter here, so the new cabling will be routed from here?
Remember if you're splitting the signal in the outside box to terminate the 2nd output with a termination cap until you have a cable connected or virgin might pay you a visit for introducing noise.
Edited by: "kester76" 29th Dec 2017
I think each Virgin STB has to be 'paired' and connected by Virgin - I think you will need Virgin to do these works.

Buying a secondhand box from ebay/Gumtree and trying to set it up will not work.
kester7625 m ago

Remember if you're splitting the signal in the outside box to terminate …Remember if you're splitting the signal in the outside box to terminate the 2nd output with a termination cap until you have a cable connected or virgin might pay you a visit for introducing noise.

Ah OK maybe I will do the splitter from the box inside the house
Don’t know why you just don’t get it installed by Virgin. It’s easy and if your out of contract you should be able to negotiate a good deal.
£99
If you do it yourself you will not be protected from a power surge. Virgin install white boxes with isolators in them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants