Would it be feasible to have a 3D printer when living in a flat

Found 1st Mar
I was looking into 3D printers and the idea just sounds brilliant to me... does anyone if it will be practical to own these in a small flat with childrens... yes childrens
Community Updates
AskElectronics
6 Comments
you can get pretty small 3d printers
As you ask would point you to this for awareness hazard-of-3d-printing-fumes

Most likely whilst playing you will use PLA - but worth being aware in case you venture further.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 1st Mar
Bertz991st Mar

As you ask would point you to this for awareness …As you ask would point you to this for awareness hazard-of-3d-printing-fumesMost likely whilst playing you will use PLA - but worth being aware in case you venture further.

Thanks, I totally forgot about this point, glad I asked and you shared !
With kids around I wouldn't.
They heat the plastic to around 200c and prints can take hours. It's like having a soldering iron making interesting stuff for kids on and moving, it's pretty much a kid magnet and potential dangerous.

If you had a room you could lock it in there maybe.
joedastudd9 m ago

With kids around I wouldn't.They heat the plastic to around 200c and …With kids around I wouldn't.They heat the plastic to around 200c and prints can take hours. It's like having a soldering iron making interesting stuff for kids on and moving, it's pretty much a kid magnet and potential dangerous.If you had a room you could lock it in there maybe.

That's a deal breaker for me, I don't have one, think I will have to wait more
Hunt_Deal_Hunt1 h, 23 m ago

That's a deal breaker for me, I don't have one, think I will have to wait …That's a deal breaker for me, I don't have one, think I will have to wait more

Hear alot of people quoting Ikea cabinets in the forums Example Ikea enclosure
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants