Would it best to get the virus ASAP!!

Posted 17th Mar
I know it hasn't been 100% proven if u can get coronavirus twice, but the way things are going, with predictions being 80% of us will get it. it might not be a bad thing getting it over and done with sooner than later (if you are healthy) !?! at least you could actually help sick family and friends.
I know u can't just go out and infect yourself, but what are your thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
If everyone got Coronavirus right now then it would absolutely overwhelm the NHS, to to mention plunging the UK in to a crisis as essential services and industries would be absolutely crippled by staff being unable to work. So no, it would not be a good idea at all.
I really cant be bothered walking the streets for hours asking people to cough on me. 🤧🤧🤧🤪🤪🤪
ding17/03/2020 13:23

But it would only last 7 days 14 at the most then we're done

I think you'll find that death lasts rather longer than that.
I said the same thing on my family whatsapp group this morning, Be like the old days when parents would have a pox party
Edited by: "ding" 17th Mar
65 Comments
I really cant be bothered walking the streets for hours asking people to cough on me. 🤧🤧🤧🤪🤪🤪
I said the same thing on my family whatsapp group this morning, Be like the old days when parents would have a pox party
Edited by: "ding" 17th Mar
You'd feel a bit like superman!! (Before someone moans, I know it's a serious subject)!!
If everyone got Coronavirus right now then it would absolutely overwhelm the NHS, to to mention plunging the UK in to a crisis as essential services and industries would be absolutely crippled by staff being unable to work. So no, it would not be a good idea at all.
Haircut_10017/03/2020 13:21

If everyone got Coronavirus right now then it would absolutely overwhelm …If everyone got Coronavirus right now then it would absolutely overwhelm the NHS, to to mention plunging the UK in to a crisis as essential services and industries would be absolutely crippled by staff being unable to work. So no, it would not be a good idea at all.

I have all symptoms bar a fever, the government guidelines don't want people like myself tested (I know because I have asked my doctors) so even if you were to get it unless your rich there testing very few people anyway
xbaassassin17/03/2020 13:23

I have all symptoms bar a fever, the government guidelines don't want …I have all symptoms bar a fever, the government guidelines don't want people like myself tested (I know because I have asked my doctors) so even if you were to get it unless your rich there testing very few people anyway

Yeah, it's the not knowing if u had it or not is a problem

If everyone got Coronavirus right now then it would absolutely overwhelm …If everyone got Coronavirus right now then it would absolutely overwhelm the NHS, to to mention plunging the UK in to a crisis as essential services and industries would be absolutely crippled by staff being unable to work. So no, it would not be a good idea at all.

You may have missed the criteria that OP mentioned related to healthy people, implying (presumably) the element of the likely younger population that is is believed will not require medical assistance if they become infected and affected. Within short period (xx weeks) of genuine self-isolation they are done, have not infected anybody else and allegedly no longer contagious. No burden to NHS in those circumstances. May ideally still need some element of control to allow for unexpected medical reactions and to play with ideal numbers to maintain services, but OP appears to present a potentially beneficial concept if managed appropriately
AndyRoyd17/03/2020 13:35

You may have missed the criteria that OP mentioned related to healthy …You may have missed the criteria that OP mentioned related to healthy people, implying (presumably) the element of the likely younger population that is is believed will not require medical assistance if they become infected and affected. Within short period (xx weeks) of genuine self-isolation they are done, have not infected anybody else and allegedly no longer contagious. No burden to NHS in those circumstances. May ideally still need some element of control to allow for unexpected medical reactions and to play with ideal numbers to maintain services, but OP appears to present a potentially beneficial concept if managed appropriately

I'm the OP, Thanks for the great reply, I don't fancy being injected with it tho.
Edited by: "Big_Rik" 17th Mar
AndyRoyd17/03/2020 13:35

You may have missed the criteria that OP mentioned related to healthy …You may have missed the criteria that OP mentioned related to healthy people, implying (presumably) the element of the likely younger population that is is believed will not require medical assistance if they become infected and affected. Within short period (xx weeks) of genuine self-isolation they are done, have not infected anybody else and allegedly no longer contagious. No burden to NHS in those circumstances. May ideally still need some element of control to allow for unexpected medical reactions and to play with ideal numbers to maintain services, but OP appears to present a potentially beneficial concept if managed appropriately

Can you get the coronavirus twice?
I'm with the OP on this one. I worry about being asymptomatic and infecting people with the virus unknowingly. As I believe I am healthy and low risk, I'd happily be infected to then self isolate and become immune (hopefully).
Edited by: "mug51" 17th Mar
I've had the symptoms like since last Tuesday.
On the last hurdle with the cough.
Should hopefully clear the next day or two.

On the other hand, infection rates need to rise more than current levels or it will be with us for years.

The stats here have shown the UK as having only 20 serious cases for days now. Surely must be wrong

worldometers.info/cor…us/

The death rates in supposed comparable countries is also bizarre

Germany 8000 cases, 20 deaths

Spain 11,500 cases, 500 deaths
Edited by: "chocci" 17th Mar
If the virus symptoms was to trigger diarrhea then it would be a clear indicator who has and hasn't!

It would then also make sense for the sudden urgency of toilet roll!
Edited by: "rimalpatel007" 17th Mar
Even if we get rid of it, it'll reappear once people start travelling across the world again. Which will happen in China
No, this is not a good idea.

The idea of corona parties is cropping up on social media and I can tell you that all the medical/doctors groups are horrified. Young/healthy people are dying and there are consistent reports of 30% reduction of lung capacity in those that recover.

Please do not be complacent. pox parties are also bl**dy stupid. People have got used to medical care, vaccines and herd immunity protecting them.

Well the government wants at least 40mil to get infected in the UK theyre going for the genocidal experimental approach aka "herd Immunity" they know we have no where near as much beds compared to USA and Germany and basically every other country, 6 per 100,000, its a bit odd its almost.like they want to kill off the elderly, weak and poor for economic reasons
rimalpatel00717/03/2020 14:06

If the virus symptoms was to trigger diarrhea then it would be a clear …If the virus symptoms was to trigger diarrhea then it would be a clear indicator who has and hasn't!It would then also make sense for the sudden urgency of toilet roll!

D&V is uncommon but D is showing up in a minority of victims.
Big_Rik17/03/2020 14:11

Even if we get rid of it, it'll reappear once people start travelling …Even if we get rid of it, it'll reappear once people start travelling across the world again. Which will happen in China

The idea is to minimise impact until a vaccine and tests can be developed.
ding17/03/2020 13:23

I think you'll find that death lasts rather longer than that.
Genocide and it might not even worth sacrificing tons of lives and making most the country sick usable to be treated because not enough beds/medicine to help everyone
Also theres been a couple cases of people getting it again but maybe they still had it but was discharged by mistake
It could be like the next Flu but more deadly where you cant really cure it because its constantly changing between seasons and country
It might mutate and evolve theres two forms as we know of
Edited by: "Norseg" 17th Mar
OllieSt17/03/2020 13:51

Can you get the coronavirus twice?

There are now a number of reports of reinfection although it seems unclear if they are actually reinfected or that the virus can stay dormant and then flare up again - like herpes for example.
Just as an 'alternative' opinion, the Doctor on Radio 2 a short while ago discussed this point and said it wasn't really a recommended option as; even if you are fit/healthy; there is still a chance it can develop into a much more serious respiratory affliction. If you're ok with that 'risk' then fair do's...

I; for one; would rather try my best to avoid it - even if it is seemingly inevitable. The first cases in my region were announced at the weekend and the footfall in the shops (and subsequent empty shelves) has increased dramatically. I spoke to one till operator who told me it has gotten silly and mentioned one person who purchased TWELVE boxes of cereal (before restrictions came in) and said he lives alone and was "stocking up.". Now that's a lot of cereal! Porridge for brekky, Rice Crispies for lunch and maybe a bowl of cornflakes for dinner eh? Round it off with a nice Weetabix for supper perhaps?

Spoke with another and I'm beginning to wonder if we are being told the full truth with regards to food shortage. They say there will be plenty to go round, yet this CS operative told me they haven't had a delivery for three days! No wonder the shelves are bare - there's no stock to go on them. I tried my luck very, very early this morning at a store for a couple of essentials and was told yet again, no deliveries and there was a huge queue before even I got there. Stock was being even more "limited" (tinned goods were 4 to a customer - ANY variety) and then a joke was made about loo roll being 1 per customer - to which an employee said "Doesn't matter. We haven't had any for days!"

Stay safe & kind regards, Phsy.
@Big_Rik
You said, "it might not be a bad thing getting it over and done with sooner than later (if you are healthy) !?! at least you could actually help sick family and friends."

But you need evidence based quality numbers as data in order to discuss this question! But you didn't supply any!

1. Yes, if you have somewhere to quarantine for 14 days.

2. No, if you walk about after infection or infect those who will walk about and not quarantine for 14 days like you.

Risk : 0.2% of death for aged 30-39, that 2 deaths in 1, 000 people (since the following publication using data to 11th Feb 2020, death rate may have improved to 0.08% as crisis lessen in effect?)

(on a sample of 114,550 person days in China within a total sample size of 44,672 people) Source: China Centre for Disease Control, Vol. 2.

Another risk: Severe condition after infection : health workers 17.7% in Wuhan, 7% away from the epicenter, also from the same source. Severe cases of all patients in China, 13.8% overall, unfortunately, there is no age band severe percentage in the same article. Severe case may get permanent lung damage, again, I have yet to locate this data by age bands and the severity of kung damage after recovery from Covid-9.

Addendum

Found it from Imperial College Coronavirus Response Team: based on the Hubei/Wuhan data:-

For Age band 30 - 39 (mix of all people, healthy or not) : typically healthy is assumed, say, for the purpose of this thread

% of symptomatic cases requiring (NHS) hospitalisation = 3.2%
% of hospitalised cases requiring critical care = 5%

That's an awful lot of 30-39 olds if they were to get infected sooner than later!
Edited by: "splender" 17th Mar
Nope.

As time goes on, more and more medications are being tried and tested on patients eg certain HIV meds are showing promising results.

The more time there is, the more research can be done into effective medications leading to less health implications for patients.

If I get it I would rather the medical professionals knew how to effectively treat it with tried and tested drugs, and time will help this.
Ps it’s been proven you can get it twice so that is another flaw in your theory.
sicklysweet17/03/2020 14:27

Ps it’s been proven you can get it twice so that is another flaw in your t …Ps it’s been proven you can get it twice so that is another flaw in your theory.

Oh dear.

On the weekend they said if you had it once you can't catch it again.

All is confusing

Ps it’s been proven you can get it twice so that is another flaw in your t …Ps it’s been proven you can get it twice so that is another flaw in your theory.

Some peeps may keep an open mind on "proof" as the current dataset is so limited. One alternative train of thought is that recurrence may be related to equivalent of post-dormancy re-ignition, not "catch it twice", and the data on level of contagiousness / recovery / recovery-with-lingering-issues on second / subsequent symptoms is unclear.
No point discussing it , nobody knows the answer
ding17/03/2020 13:17

I said the same thing on my family whatsapp group this morning, Be like …I said the same thing on my family whatsapp group this morning, Be like the old days when parents would have a pox party

How about you obey the curfew until end of march and take it from there
Around 360 people dead in Italy yesterday.
Your attitude disgusts me
Edited by: "Txvr298" 17th Mar
adverts are now saying, not to even bother the 111 lines

instead, self isolate yourself

therefore, you die or you don’t, it’s the luck of the draw
mug5117/03/2020 13:55

I'm with the OP on this one. I worry about being asymptomatic and …I'm with the OP on this one. I worry about being asymptomatic and infecting people with the virus unknowingly. As I believe I am healthy and low risk, I'd happily be infected to then self isolate and become immune (hopefully).

Then do it. But do it safely. (And get paid). flucamp.com/our…ls/

That company is paying up to £3500 if you are willing to be infected with coronavirus and will stay in a room, isolated, for a few weeks.
mas9917/03/2020 14:19

There are now a number of reports of reinfection although it seems unclear …There are now a number of reports of reinfection although it seems unclear if they are actually reinfected or that the virus can stay dormant and then flare up again - like herpes for example.

The scientific view of it is (I read last week ):-

1. These cases are very rare.
2. In principle, anti-bodies are there after infection.
3. The test kit is not 100% fail-safe, say , 99.x%, no percentage is published. The process in China was two tests with a 24 hour interval. Two test negatives is a hospital release. But, for two false negatives, the chance of this is 99.x% of 99.x%.

Therefore of the tens of thousands of cases release, some will have been released while still infected. Additionally, the earlier test kits were less good in test negatives.

Link that supports what you say?

I shall find my link again about these re-infections from a scientist.

Addendum:-

1. This link as a start for my explanation above. fortune.com/202…ce/
and towardsdatascience.com/sta…67c
rimalpatel00717/03/2020 14:34

Oh dear. On the weekend they said if you had it once you can't catch it …Oh dear. On the weekend they said if you had it once you can't catch it again. All is confusing

Edited by: "splender" 17th Mar
Txvr29817/03/2020 15:02

How about you obey the curfew until end of march and take it from …How about you obey the curfew until end of march and take it from thereAround 360 people dead in Italy yesterday.Your attitude disgusts me

Curfew?
Biddy217/03/2020 15:13

Then do it. But do it safely. (And get paid). …Then do it. But do it safely. (And get paid). https://flucamp.com/our-trials/That company is paying up to £3500 if you are willing to be infected with coronavirus and will stay in a room, isolated, for a few weeks.

I’m in
you might already have had it.
Edited by: "eslick" 17th Mar
chocci17/03/2020 15:24

Curfew?

Self isolation sry.
Shops are still open but everywhere else is basically closed in republic of ireland.
We are still waiting for them to do same up the north so uk policy is affecting us here as usual
Edited by: "Txvr298" 17th Mar
Txvr29817/03/2020 15:32

Self isolation sry.Shops are still open but everywhere else is basically …Self isolation sry.Shops are still open but everywhere else is basically closed in republic of ireland.We are still waiting for them to do same up the north so uk policy is affecting us here as usual

First time in 2 weeks, I went in a medium sized co-op today. It was busy but the average age was around 70. It was very odd. The small pub next door had about 10 people in it, all well into their seventies. This was at 11:30
Edited by: "chocci" 17th Mar
No body seems to mention if there is any long term health implication after recover from covid-19
Probably no one know enough of the disease.

From what I have read with SARS, 15% of the people who recover from the disease would loss 20-30% of lung function.
SARS and covid-19 share a lot of similarities.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants