Expired

Would LGBT community like to ban gender entirely?

Found 11th Oct 2017Edited by:"davewave"
why not just change the Status on passports to 'Gender at birth'

Guardian Link
The Home Office is to be challenged to provide gender-neutral, or “X”, passports to UK citizens at a high court hearing this week.

The application for a judicial review is being made by lawyers on behalf of Christie Elan-Cane, who has campaigned on the issue for 25 years and given evidence to parliament about transgender equality.

Last month Canada became the 10th country to offer citizens gender-neutral travel documents. Australia, Denmark, Germany, Malta, New Zealand, Pakistan, India, Ireland and Nepal already have a third category besides male and female.

Standards for machine-readable passports set by the UN International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) allow for individual states to enter M, F or X in the category specifying an individual’s sex. X stands for unspecified

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Well I was born with white and with a winkle so the facists said I was male. But since all this tripe started I have realised who I really feel, you now may call me Brenda1979, I'm African-American and being transage I'm only 8!
What does G stand for
I know that L = lettuce B = bacon and T = tomato.
deleted265520
mutley128 m ago

i may be speaking out of place here, but i think gender is becoming far …i may be speaking out of place here, but i think gender is becoming far too complex an issue and it needs not be.you are either male or female at birth. you can be transgender beyond birth, but if so, then this could be added so we have male, female and transgender. simple

What about those who decide to change their gender online 5 years after posting as a male?
Graham19791 h, 22 m ago

Well I was born with white and with a winkle so the facists said I was …Well I was born with white and with a winkle so the facists said I was male. But since all this tripe started I have realised who I really feel, you now may call me Brenda1979, I'm African-American and being transage I'm only 8!

I think most of us here assumed you were a child....
58 Comments
theguardian.com/wor…urt

seriously, wasting taxpayers money at the High court for this nonsense?
Edited by: "davewave" 11th Oct 2017
So I assume the next logical step in this madness is to hire gender-neutral border agents so they can safely frisk gender-neutral passengers without causing offence.
Imagine in a few thousand years, if humanity survives that long, some intrepid archaeologist digging up one of our cemeteries. Will our bones (or DNA) be classified as male, female, and gender-neutral?
Well I was born with white and with a winkle so the facists said I was male. But since all this tripe started I have realised who I really feel, you now may call me Brenda1979, I'm African-American and being transage I'm only 8!
Can we start doing this with age, would be quite nice to be age neutral or define myself as 70 and retired.

Defining yourself as gender neutral as an X on a passport or driving licence is information that doesn't help anyone really, chemically and biologically you are a male or female, unless your ''non human'' and X might apply, there's no such thing as neutral. The better change to this documentation would be incorporating relevant contemporary data such as - National Insurance number, NHS patient number, blood type, shellfish allergy and nut allergy information.
Edited by: "Smeaton1724" 11th Oct 2017
With biometric passport, gender information is no longer essential.
As for other identity use, then the passport photo plus one or more bills with address information is sufficient.
Graham19791 h, 22 m ago

Well I was born with white and with a winkle so the facists said I was …Well I was born with white and with a winkle so the facists said I was male. But since all this tripe started I have realised who I really feel, you now may call me Brenda1979, I'm African-American and being transage I'm only 8!

Can't you just give transgender/non gender people an honorary degree and then they can use 'Dr' on forms!

So the government are considering changing something official over the state of somebody's mind, yet for the past 40 years they fail to recognise my religion...
GAVINLEWISHUKD13 m ago

..... yet for the past 40 years they fail to recognise my religion...

Scientology?

32234450-UzpX5.jpg
joanddan754 m ago

Not sure if I should be worried your winking at 8 year old girls.
Graham19799 m ago

Not sure if I should be worried your winking at 8 year old girls.

Don't be such a snowflake....

Ive been police checked 'onest Guv'
Curious to know what toilet "non binary" people use...

To me this whole gender matter is just ridiculous. You are a male or a female based on genitals.
I'm well aware that people who have both types do exist but usually one of the two is more developed so there you go.
The rest is PC nonsense.
Edited by: "hearts22" 11th Oct 2017
Just a bit fed up with all this crap about (insert group here) equality etc etc. Rammed down our throats on a daily basis. Yesterday the Female news anchor spoke to a local female reporter who interviewed the local female MP, local businesswoman and female community leader saying we should do more to get woman in top positions. Meanwhile I glance outside to see my bins being emptied by 3 attack helicopters.
hearts2216 m ago

Curious to know what toilet "non binary" people use...

No need to build a third set of toilets, just rip off the Male and Female signs and replace with a "All Genders Bathroom" Sign that seem popular in the US.

Personally If I had a choice I would use the Ladies as the Mens is usually a bit grim.
1st world problems TBH.
Destard1 h, 5 m ago

1st world problems TBH.

most are, the rest of the world are worried about religion, war, food, sanitation, poverty, health - what's your point?
hearts221 h, 42 m ago

Curious to know what toilet "non binary" people use...To me this whole …Curious to know what toilet "non binary" people use...To me this whole gender matter is just ridiculous. You are a male or a female based on genitals. I'm well aware that people who have both types do exist but usually one of the two is more developed so there you go. The rest is PC nonsense.

And the young idiot (I mean Vinny Ohh) who wants his tackle removed so that he can be identified as an alien...which bathroom should "it" use
nypost.com/201…en/
not something that's covered by science in school so unless a person has ever googled or researched anything about gender, most people will never know.
Scientifically speaking the concept of binary is decades (or centuries/millenia) out of date at a biological level.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…sex

That would be the necessary evidence for people to understand, it affects 1 in 200 people, which is practically every commercial plane that flies taken by average.
The only reason people believe this to not be the case anymore is doctors started to think this was unacceptable based entirely on cosmetics in the last century and have poorly tried to fix something which usually has lead to health problems later in life for the person afflicted.
People have acted in ignorance and it's only recently being rectified but most people being afraid of knowledge or science changing beyond what they were told as a child are too scared to understand something that affects a significant number of people, or would be too determined to oppress people who are different to them because that is what they have been taught to do.
davewave34 m ago

most are, the rest of the world are worried about religion, war, food, …most are, the rest of the world are worried about religion, war, food, sanitation, poverty, health - what's your point?

Exactly that.
DKLS1 h, 55 m ago

No need to build a third set of toilets, just rip off the Male and Female …No need to build a third set of toilets, just rip off the Male and Female signs and replace with a "All Genders Bathroom" Sign that seem popular in the US.Personally If I had a choice I would use the Ladies as the Mens is usually a bit grim.

Where I work women leave toilets dirty from time to time. I was pretty shocked tbh.

Well, I'm not sure I would want to go in the same bathroom as a man.

I know there are people who have both female and male genitals, but the 2 are not equally developed. One of the 2 is always dominating so it's easy to determine IMO if a person should be considered male or female based on that and secondary traits such as hairs, breasts and so on.
This is why I hate LGB and T being lumped together like they are.

This is a transgender issue, not LGB.

If you think this is bad, the Government has plans to allow people to change their gender at will dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
donteatlego1233 m ago

There are ONLY two genders. Male and female. Anything else is mental …There are ONLY two genders. Male and female. Anything else is mental health problems

Oh no.
Watch out for the incoming outrage.
i may be speaking out of place here, but i think gender is becoming far too complex an issue and it needs not be.

you are either male or female at birth. you can be transgender beyond birth, but if so, then this could be added so we have male, female and transgender. simple
deleted265520
mutley128 m ago

i may be speaking out of place here, but i think gender is becoming far …i may be speaking out of place here, but i think gender is becoming far too complex an issue and it needs not be.you are either male or female at birth. you can be transgender beyond birth, but if so, then this could be added so we have male, female and transgender. simple

What about those who decide to change their gender online 5 years after posting as a male?
What does G stand for
I know that L = lettuce B = bacon and T = tomato.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell1 m ago

What does G stand for I know that L = lettuce B = bacon and T = tomato.

Gaykin, I mean Gherkin.
davewave4 h, 49 m ago

most are, the rest of the world are worried about religion, war, food, …most are, the rest of the world are worried about religion, war, food, sanitation, poverty, health - what's your point?

His/her point is don't you have anything more constructive to do than worry about this than after reading your newspaper of choice?
Truly the law is an ass beset by assholes.

32237816-68tDk.jpg
Edited by: "tryn2help" 11th Oct 2017
deleted1431257
I want to be proclaimed as a 'Sith Lord', please <1% minority enforce this so that all my dreams can come true!
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 11th Oct 2017
hass12311th Oct 2017

I want to be proclaimed as a 'Sith Lord', please <1% minority enforce this …I want to be proclaimed as a 'Sith Lord', please <1% minority enforce this so that all my dreams can come true!

32237991-vLPC7.jpg

Derek_Horatio_Shatwell2 h, 8 m ago

What does G stand for I know that L = lettuce B = bacon and T = tomato.

i want to know what the B stands for. L=lesbian, G=gay, B=??,T=transvestite. me thinks
never mind, i think i have just worked it out B=bisexual?
Edited by: "mutley1" 11th Oct 2017
RedLozzer1 h, 35 m ago

His/her point is don't you have anything more constructive to do than …His/her point is don't you have anything more constructive to do than worry about this than after reading your newspaper of choice?

What does that even mean, should I 'than worry about this than after reading' your "explanation"
So do I need to be transgender to get a gender neutral passport? If not I call shenanigans.

I've never understood what business it is of any official to know anything about my genitals.

Much like I don't see what business it is of an employer to know which holes I'm interested or not interested in.
Edited by: "MSK." 11th Oct 2017
davewave16 m ago

What does that even mean, should I 'than worry about this than after …What does that even mean, should I 'than worry about this than after reading' your "explanation"

Remove one word and you get my gist. But you already knew that....
mutley157 m ago

i want to know what the B stands for. L=lesbian, G=gay, …i want to know what the B stands for. L=lesbian, G=gay, B=??,T=transvestite. me thinks never mind, i think i have just worked it out B=bisexual?

Explains a few things that you would get the T wrong.
joanddan713 h, 54 m ago

If Brenda was a child he would not hate the BBC so much. CBeebies is great.
RedLozzer7 h, 20 m ago

Remove one word and you get my gist. But you already knew that....

Don't assume people know what you mean, because I am still not clear, are you trying to be rude to me?
Juzza1216 h, 4 m ago

This is why I hate LGB and T being lumped together like they are.This is a …This is why I hate LGB and T being lumped together like they are.This is a transgender issue, not LGB.If you think this is bad, the Government has plans to allow people to change their gender at will http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4722056/Government-plans-allow-transgender-pick-gender.html

LGB and T!

Where have you been?

LGBTQQIAAP is where we are now

LGBTQQIAAP stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Allies and Pansexual, with all other nine laying under the umbrella of Queer.

Allies (or Allied) means straight people that are supportive to the LGBT(QQIAAP) community.

I feel offended though and want change.

LGBTQQIAAPB

B stands for bemused
Edited by: "OllieSt" 12th Oct 2017
GAVINLEWISHUKD20 h, 14 m ago

yet for the past 40 years they fail to recognise my religion...

They've given them the tax breaks, I think that cult needs to stop rocking the boat.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions