Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Would my mum get into trouble/lose her blue light card

Posted 16th Sep
As above. I’m looking at getting bt fibre, however if I use my mums discount I’ll save a tenner per month. Obviously I live in a different place to her. Do they cross check postcodes etc. I’m sure it will say in the t&c’s but if anyone has any experience with this can you let me know. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
32 Comments
Fraud.

Edit; can you post your mum’s info as a deal please
Edited by: "Jump_Out_Gang" 16th Sep
waaaiiit you can get discount for bt fibre with a blue card? mmmm
darthvader666uk16/09/2020 08:23

waaaiiit you can get discount for bt fibre with a blue card? mmmm

Yep, but only up to fibre 250 (although it’s the 300 package)
chrisdwiliams16/09/2020 08:23

oh man our area on has up to 35mb Would LOVE for some faster Internet!

I shall be contacting BT now, cheerws for this!
darthvader666uk16/09/2020 08:24

oh man our area on has up to 35mb Would LOVE for some faster …oh man our area on has up to 35mb Would LOVE for some faster Internet!I shall be contacting BT now, cheerws for this!

That package has a £2 discount. Pretty sure you’ve got to go through the blue card site. Think I might have to go down the full price avenue. £180 Cashback through top Cashback (if it pays) not as good as blue light. But I don’t want to risk my mums card for me to save a few quid.
Maybe yes as the blue card address won’t match the property for purchasing the bt fibre . Read the T&C first! Better to be safe than sorry
Edited by: "Cbear81" 16th Sep
If it's not their own discount I doubt they would check it and have no way of checking either. But if they do, your mum could possibly be out of a job.
What has your mum said about it when you asked if you could use her discount fraudulently?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 16th Sep
Cbear8116/09/2020 08:29

Maybe yes as the blue card address won’t match the property for purchasing …Maybe yes as the blue card address won’t match the property for purchasing the nr fibre . Read the T&C first! Better to be safe than sorry

Just had a quick read of the terms, I just need a few people to say that they’ve done it and regretted; or done it and no issues lol
MR112316/09/2020 08:30

If it's not their own discount I doubt they would check it and have no way …If it's not their own discount I doubt they would check it and have no way of checking either. But if they do, your mum could possibly be out of a job.

She won’t lose her job, just her card. But I’d probably lose my life
Haircut_10016/09/2020 08:30

What has your mum said about it when you asked if you could use her …What has your mum said about it when you asked if you could use her discount fraudulently?

My mums alright as long as she doesn’t lose her discounts haha
chrisdwiliams16/09/2020 08:31

Just had a quick read of the terms, I just need a few people to say that …Just had a quick read of the terms, I just need a few people to say that they’ve done it and regretted; or done it and no issues lol

That’s ok who knows what’s right or wrong .. but I if I give my mam etc my work discount card to use it for discounts etc I’d get a disciplinary over it lol
chrisdwiliams16/09/2020 08:31

She won’t lose her job, just her card. But I’d probably lose my life

Lol oh that's good then, you can reimburse her is she does lose it , where I use to work, they would sack you for this. But that's with their own discount.
Edited by: "MR1123" 16th Sep
Cbear8116/09/2020 08:34

That’s ok who knows what’s right or wrong .. but I if I give my mam etc my …That’s ok who knows what’s right or wrong .. but I if I give my mam etc my work discount card to use it for discounts etc I’d get a disciplinary over it lol

Same when I worked for Sainsbury’s, but that’s a direct discount. I’m probably best off not risking it though.
So you're asking if there's any issue abusing the discount card that's there for Emergency Service and NHS staff? I think the answer is, hopefully!
endofdays16/09/2020 08:36

So you're asking if there's any issue abusing the discount card that's …So you're asking if there's any issue abusing the discount card that's there for Emergency Service and NHS staff? I think the answer is, hopefully!

Calm down there. It’s really not much different to sharing student discount, morally. I always share mine because it doesn’t seem fair that it only benefits students. When I did have blue light discount I shared that too!

So you're asking if there's any issue abusing the discount card that's …So you're asking if there's any issue abusing the discount card that's there for Emergency Service and NHS staff? I think the answer is, hopefully!

Did you not read the part where I was asking? If I didn’t have any morals I wouldn’t of asked and would have just done it.
I would seriously doubt that BT would even care. All they're seeing is another customer. Same with Blue Light, they'll probably get a small commission for you placing an order via their site.

I really wouldn't worry about anything happening.

Now your conscious, that's a different story
dipsylalapo16/09/2020 08:40

I would seriously doubt that BT would even care. All they're seeing is …I would seriously doubt that BT would even care. All they're seeing is another customer. Same with Blue Light, they'll probably get a small commission for you placing an order via their site.I really wouldn't worry about anything happening.Now your conscious, that's a different story

My conscience always gets the better of me lol
Nat_urally16/09/2020 08:39

Calm down there. It’s really not much different to sharing student d …Calm down there. It’s really not much different to sharing student discount, morally. I always share mine because it doesn’t seem fair that it only benefits students. When I did have blue light discount I shared that too!

Your talking about a discount scheme that's setup purely for emergency service/NHS staff and dating that it's fine to abuse it, as you did yourself? Though I'm assuming that you'd have complained if they cancelled the Blue Light Card (due to people abusing it)?
It's fine mate. I've used my missus' BLC for several friends and family for all kinds of discounts. Including the BT deal, but I think you'll find at the moment probably better to use Top Cashback instead.
chrisdwiliams16/09/2020 08:39

Did you not read the part where I was asking? If I didn’t have any morals I …Did you not read the part where I was asking? If I didn’t have any morals I wouldn’t of asked and would have just done it.

The only dilemma you appear to have is that you're mother might lose her card. What I'm referencing is you abusing a discount scheme setup to benefit staff that are underpaid and undervalued. Morally, that doesn't seem to be an issue at all.
chrisdwiliams16/09/2020 08:29

That package has a £2 discount. Pretty sure you’ve got to go through the bl …That package has a £2 discount. Pretty sure you’ve got to go through the blue card site. Think I might have to go down the full price avenue. £180 Cashback through top Cashback (if it pays) not as good as blue light. But I don’t want to risk my mums card for me to save a few quid.

for the sack of £2 not worth the risk i think

luckly its my Wife that has the blue card so nbot too bad for myself.
endofdays16/09/2020 08:46

Your talking about a discount scheme that's setup purely for emergency …Your talking about a discount scheme that's setup purely for emergency service/NHS staff and dating that it's fine to abuse it, as you did yourself? Though I'm assuming that you'd have complained if they cancelled the Blue Light Card (due to people abusing it)?

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about. I was no more special than anyone else just because I was in the NHS - which I think you’re trying to point out. So yeah, I’d share the discounts with my mother and occasionally my sister. And I think you’ll be hard pushed to find an nhs employee who DOESN’T do that. I can promise you that most do.
It states giving codes And discounts out forfeits your card if caught...

they will check some but I’m sure loads get away with it. Just get your mother to pay for your internet out of her account, doesn’t say she can’t get as a gift..
I’ve gone an alternative route, in the end I wouldn’t have used it. The guilt would of weighed too heavy haha
chrisdwiliams16/09/2020 08:23

What would the offer be for 300 package with the card please?
karlie8816/09/2020 09:28

What would the offer be for 300 package with the card please?

39.99 and 9.99 delivery. 24 month contract. Annual price increase with rpi etc. Saves £240 over the course of the contract.
Share mine with my sister all the time, wouldn’t share with a stranger though but your mums should be fine.
isn’t it funny that people are saying that the OP is “abusing” a discount, yet every day on here people are happy to help none students, get a student discount

OP - just try it
Mendoza16/09/2020 11:48

isn’t it funny that people are saying that the OP is “abusing” a discount, …isn’t it funny that people are saying that the OP is “abusing” a discount, yet every day on here people are happy to help none students, get a student discount OP - just try it

I wanted to say the same thing.

I mentioned someone being on their (opposite of low + them animals that you get at a racecourse) and my comment got removed for being rude. The sites getting worse daily.

Sorry not rude, disrespectful and not courteous etc.
Edited by: "chrisdwiliams" 16th Sep
chrisdwiliams16/09/2020 11:50

I wanted to say the same thing. I mentioned someone being on their …I wanted to say the same thing. I mentioned someone being on their (opposite of low + them animals that you get at a racecourse) and my comment got removed for being rude. The sites getting worse daily.Sorry not rude, disrespectful and not courteous etc.

Totally agree, the site used to be about hacks, price glitches, “add x to basket and y randomly appears free”, things scanning as free at supermarkets. I left for 3 years, came back and you’re getting people saying your “abusing a discount” sharing it with a family member . I once got a comment removed because I said people should stop being snowflakes. Use the blue light, as said my sister orders things from mine as we live at separate addresses.
Edited by: "Kratos69" 16th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text