Would my smart phone sim work in a dongle?

Found 25th Sep 2012
I have t-mobile pay monthly sim on my smart phone which allows 750MB data a month + unlimited browsing.

I have a t-mobile dongle. Can I put my mobile sim into the dongle and use the dongle on my laptop?

8 Comments

Banned

why don't you just do it a see for yourself?

Original Poster

kunyk

why don't you just do it a see for yourself?

True. Could do this, but wondered if anyone has ever tried to put their phone Sim into a dongle before.
Don't want to **** up my sim card so thought best ask if anyone done this before.

Banned

it won't do anything to your SIM. worst thing that could happen is that it won't work.

although I don't see the reason for that. Obviously calling will not work in any case, SMS depend on the dongle and software used.

Should be fine. It will work. I got some warnings from [forgotten company] a few years ago because I was using a phone sim card in a dongle (had 1 years free internet on it), I ignored them and they never cut me off.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Sim cards take a cyanide pill when taken out a phone. Don't do it unless … Sim cards take a cyanide pill when taken out a phone. Don't do it unless you want a dead sim card, it's messy and the police ask questions.

Don't be silly. Even i know this is not true!
Is it? X)

Original Poster

kunyk

it won't do anything to your SIM. worst thing that could happen is that … it won't do anything to your SIM. worst thing that could happen is that it won't work.although I don't see the reason for that. Obviously calling will not work in any case, SMS depend on the dongle and software used.

It may be considered tethering which tmobile won't allow.

mutley1

It may be considered tethering which tmobile won't allow.

It is tethering, but it's up to you whether you want to risk it or not

Banned

dcx_badass

Sim cards take a cyanide pill when taken out a phone. Don't do it unless … Sim cards take a cyanide pill when taken out a phone. Don't do it unless you want a dead sim card, it's messy and the police ask questions.

dcx_badass

they use ricin these days..... blame heisenberg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions