Groups

Would People Like an Amazon Warehouse Deal Finder App/Website?

Hey guys,

I'm sure some of you know about forklift, the Amazon Warehouse deal finder website but from experience, it's pure rubbish and doesn't find anything good.

Over the past few months, I've created a tool that finds incredible bargains and popular items everytime they pop up so you don't need to stay on your PC all the time.

For example, I see people quite a few people wanting PS4 Pros right now because there is a 20% discount on Warehouse. I see these coming multiple times a day yet people seem to be struggling in finding them.

Obviously, this tool won't find incredible bargains since these will be long gone by the time most people see it but there have often been times where really good bargains have come up that I have no interest in any of them so don't buy them. For example, the Mavic Pro drone came a little while ago for £680 after 20% discount and brand new costs £1,000.

Would people like a free service like this and any ideas on what the interface should look like?

Thanks

28 Comments

sounds like a great idea.. a web interface with personal login's so that one can go on and set up their own alerts and receive push notifications to the phone or email?

Would be ace. I'd be the first to sign up

In terms of interface - just clean and simple. Personally I'd lead with a search bar in the top module as that hooks the user into interacting with your site.

I think apps like the one you suggest are going to be an important part of consumer habits. Getting in there early could get you a tidy income from ad revenue in the long term if you keep adding functionality and growing your users. Go for it!

Original Poster

krishna18388

sounds like a great idea.. a web interface with personal login's so that … sounds like a great idea.. a web interface with personal login's so that one can go on and set up their own alerts and receive push notifications to the phone or email?

That's what I'm thinking of, along with a section that just lists big price drops of random items as they come. I'm also thinking of a "back in stock" feature, since a lot of these items only come for a few mins and are either removed or bought up by other people. Email should be easy enough to implement and once the app is ready, push notifications should be possible as well.

Vanderlust

Would be ace. I'd be the first to sign up 8)In terms of interface - just … Would be ace. I'd be the first to sign up 8)In terms of interface - just clean and simple. Personally I'd lead with a search bar in the top module as that hooks the user into interacting with your site.I think apps like the one you suggest are going to be an important part of consumer habits. Getting in there early could get you a tidy income from ad revenue in the long term if you keep adding functionality and growing your users. Go for it!

Good to hear that there's interest.

So, you think it's good to keep the interface similar to the Forklift website? Or is that too clunky?

Yeah, there's potential no doubt. That's why the Forklift owner is a millionaire from what I've heard. That website is rubbish though, considering the stuff that I've seen come over the past few months. Any other features you would like? So far, I'm thinking:
    1. "Big" price drop feature.
    2. Back in stock feature.

Am I missing anything?

krishna18388

sounds like a great idea.. a web interface with personal login's so that … sounds like a great idea.. a web interface with personal login's so that one can go on and set up their own alerts and receive push notifications to the phone or email?

Vanderlust

Would be ace. I'd be the first to sign up 8)In terms of interface - just … Would be ace. I'd be the first to sign up 8)In terms of interface - just clean and simple. Personally I'd lead with a search bar in the top module as that hooks the user into interacting with your site.I think apps like the one you suggest are going to be an important part of consumer habits. Getting in there early could get you a tidy income from ad revenue in the long term if you keep adding functionality and growing your users. Go for it!

A price tracking feature with the ability to set a target price so if an item drops down to/below that price you are notified.

Edited by: "RossD89" 11th Jul

Original Poster

dozstanford

Having only ever received other peoples faulty returns that Amazon has … Having only ever received other peoples faulty returns that Amazon has failed to test before reselling I would have to answer... no to this question.

Really? Can I ask how many items you've purchased from the Warehouse? I say this because I've bought over 500 items in the past 6 months and out of 500, I've had probably 10-15 faulty items which Amazon refunded for without hassle.

Original Poster

RossD89

A tracking feature with the ability to set a target price so if it drops … A tracking feature with the ability to set a target price so if it drops down to/below that price you are notified.

I like that. So, how about a % drop target and price drop target? Users can select whichever option they like

Original Poster

By the way, here are some deals I've managed to snag in the past hour alone. Got 2 of the £70 motos. All 3 items deduct a further 20% so prices were actually £56 each for the G5s and £21 for the G4.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2whf1qo.png

http://i63.tinypic.com/6dx0gj.png

Edited by: "cron7" 11th Jul

krishna18388

Vanderlust

His interface is laid out okay, it's just a bit web 1.0 looking and spammy. When you land on it it feels unfamiliar and dated.

He's put the big drops as 'alerts', which looks like spam. Either remove that or make that core to the site, i.e. like HUKD does, so there's something interesting to browse and filter through.

Actually, thinking about it, a HUKD clone but just based on Warehouse deals is more likely to be successful as HUKD'ers will be familiar with the format and more likely to re-use/sign up. Just needs deeper notification options.

100% interested in this OP. The warehouse can be a nightmare sometimes!

cron7

By the way, here are some deals I've managed to snag in the past hour … By the way, here are some deals I've managed to snag in the past hour alone. Got 2 of the £70 motos. All 3 items deduct a further 20% so prices were actually £56 each for the G5s and £21 for the G4.

Is the deal for the G4 still live ?

Original Poster

Vanderlust

His interface is laid out okay, it's just a bit web 1.0 looking and … His interface is laid out okay, it's just a bit web 1.0 looking and spammy. When you land on it it feels unfamiliar and dated.He's put the big drops as 'alerts', which looks like spam. Either remove that or make that core to the site, i.e. like HUKD does, so there's something interesting to browse and filter through.Actually, thinking about it, a HUKD clone but just based on Warehouse deals is more likely to be successful as HUKD'ers will be familiar with the format and more likely to re-use/sign up. Just needs deeper notification options.

Loving the feedback, much appreciated. I also hate the "Alerts" section on that site. It looks spammy I agree. Alright, so design needs to be clean and simple, and actually look nice.

Original Poster

Kojo_Segu

Is the deal for the G4 still live ?

No sorry man, these things go in seconds.

Original Poster

dozstanford

Amazon has indeed accepted all faulty returns and refunded without … Amazon has indeed accepted all faulty returns and refunded without question and I do not complain about this.I haven't bought anywhere near as many Warehouse items as yourself largely due to the fact I avoided and eventually stopped buying them out of frustration.Some of my winter 2016 purchases were...https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CA1T076https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0171BS9CGhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01B4X503Shttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003DIGKOGI've made about 10-15 other warehouse purchases but with 1000~1500 purchases a year it's hard to filter them out, another that comes to mind was a Samsung wireless printer....

In that case, I can understand the frustration. Maybe I've been lucky but most of the my Warehouse purchases have been trouble free and if something is missing, they give you a partial refund. How about a separate section with price drops on "New" Amazon items rather than just Warehouse. Would that be helpful?

Im a developer and is no good at all with design (looove the back end ) So I dont know how useful I can be. A Clean simple layout with be great with perhaps some useful "filters" perhaps? I think CamelCamel Has an API? Might be worth checking whats the new price on it too so you can create alerts if the price difference is within what the user specifies?

website UI should be simple... Mirror amazon... have each section as per amazon. Front page has super hot price drops and back in stock stuff..

have the option for people to have their own favourite sections pop up on the home page when they login.. tailored to their focus etc.

This can then feed into app form. main app page showing main price drops etc with options to browse different sections.

Interested in a project like this...... should help us who can’t find these deals or is this something that already exists ?

dozstanford

Having only ever received other peoples faulty returns that Amazon has … Having only ever received other peoples faulty returns that Amazon has failed to test before reselling I would have to answer... no to this question.

I managed to pick up goods from Amazon warehouse that I sent back because at the time I wasn't happy with the items. The discount received was 20% and my original issue was pretty much not the fault of the goods although I didn't realise at the time.

Original Poster

darthvader666uk

Im a developer and is no good at all with design (looove the back end ) … Im a developer and is no good at all with design (looove the back end ) So I dont know how useful I can be. A Clean simple layout with be great with perhaps some useful "filters" perhaps? I think CamelCamel Has an API? Might be worth checking whats the new price on it too so you can create alerts if the price difference is within what the user specifies?

Yeah that's a good idea with the "filters' area on the sidebar maybe. I feel that camelcamel is way too slow. I've used it in the past and they take ages to email you when an item comes back in stock. With Warehouse, the good things go in seconds or minutes max. I think taking the full price on Amazon and comparing it to the dropped price is a better idea no?

krishna18388

website UI should be simple... Mirror amazon... have each section as per … website UI should be simple... Mirror amazon... have each section as per amazon. Front page has super hot price drops and back in stock stuff.. have the option for people to have their own favourite sections pop up on the home page when they login.. tailored to their focus etc. This can then feed into app form. main app page showing main price drops etc with options to browse different sections.

Interesting, might be able to do like Categories, where each category shows specific price drops. Amazon has thousands of inner categories though, not sure if that's possible. I can keep them to 1 level deep, like DIY, Electronics, Sports etc. Point taken on the favourite sections for each user.

Kojo_Segu

Interested in a project like this...... should help us who can’t find t … Interested in a project like this...... should help us who can’t find these deals or is this something that already exists ?

The Forklift website does exist but personally don't think it's that good.

sounds right up my street this

Been looking while this offer is on and havent seen anything this year.

Love this idea, Forklift has been broken for a long time. Would use without a doubt if you can make it.

I like the idea of mirroring Amazon too, or at least being able to filter by categories. Being able to sort by percentage discount is always nice too.

Not honestly very fussed how it looks, so long as it reliably works!

Original Poster

MSK.

Love this idea, Forklift has been broken for a long time. Would use … Love this idea, Forklift has been broken for a long time. Would use without a doubt if you can make it.I like the idea of mirroring Amazon too, or at least being able to filter by categories. Being able to sort by percentage discount is always nice too. Not honestly very fussed how it looks, so long as it reliably works!

Yep, forklift seems finished. Good to hear there's interest. I can definitely see this working based on my tool. I just need to improve a few things, add a few features and put the tool into website form so other people can use it.

Alright, so seems like people like the idea of mirroring Amazon. Might have to set up the site with multiple categories. Sorting via % discount will definitely be available.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

My main desire would be by category, or by keyword.

That would be bloody awesome

Feels familiar, and if you are going to register your not going to be spammed by email on that account you have just used, as I have found that a couple of sites, which will remain nameless, passed on my email address, I use a throwaway one on each sign up to prove this practice.

Original Poster

allsa001

My main desire would be by category, or by keyword.That would be bloody … My main desire would be by category, or by keyword.That would be bloody awesome

Definitely doable and top of the list.

wallzone

Feels familiar, and if you are going to register your not going to be … Feels familiar, and if you are going to register your not going to be spammed by email on that account you have just used, as I have found that a couple of sites, which will remain nameless, passed on my email address, I use a throwaway one on each sign up to prove this practice.

To be fair, all the big companies do that. I have no intention to grab anyone's info and sell it on. Those who join might receive a weekly newsletter from the site informing of new updates and whatnot but no one else will be getting your info.

Sounds like a great idea. I'd love this as gave up on my forklift email alerts months ago although most of the things on my wish list are somewhat niche

Original Poster

cheaperbythe12

Sounds like a great idea. I'd love this as gave up on my forklift email … Sounds like a great idea. I'd love this as gave up on my forklift email alerts months ago although most of the things on my wish list are somewhat niche

Can you PM me some of your items and prices you're willing to pay. I'll add them to the system and send you a PM if an alert comes through. Just want to see if these niche items come often as well.

This sounds really good! Currently using keepa as you can set alerts on your desired price and get an email when it drops, but rarely anything good ever comes up tbh.

Great idea. Rss post on alert please like camelcamelcamel.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop to choose?11
      2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions