Groups

Would people recommend the Canon 50mm f1.8 II ?

Hi guys,

Just wondered what experience people have had with this lens in practice, and whether it's worth spending the ~£80 to shove in the bag?

Cheers

7 Comments

Well worth the £80.22 (Amazon cheapest at the moment) for this lens in my opinion. Excellent optics for such a cheap price, the large aperture lets you get creative with your photos, and it is very small and light.

If you're unsure I'd suggest going to Jessops or another shop with your SLR and asking to take some test shots for your own peace of mind, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Original Poster

Well I've just done a scout and found it cheaper in Jessops so I posted it...

hotukdeals.com/dea…619

I might reserve it, pop in to test it and make my mind up then

Just buy it, play around with it, and you'll discover for yourself why everyone speaks so highly of it pretty quickly. It's a lovely little lens, and it's probably the one I use more than any other.

If you google "photography on the net" it's a Canon forum with loads of good resources and example shots for different lenses. There's a massive thread about this lens.

I found it ok, but I much prefer my 60mm macro!

I have this lens but must confess i don't use very much, mostly in low light conditions it is a very good lens I use it on my 2nd Camera and use my 17-85 is as my everyday lens

Original Poster

sancho1983

If you google "photography on the net" it's a Canon forum with loads of … If you google "photography on the net" it's a Canon forum with loads of good resources and example shots for different lenses. There's a massive thread about this lens.I found it ok, but I much prefer my 60mm macro!

Thanks!

Original Poster

I've just been to Jessops and purchased one thanks guys!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions