Groups

Would Samsungs warrenty cover a monitor purchased off ebay

Yo I brought a 4k monitor last year june from eBay as 'new other - open box'... and it broke today
    Would Samsung cover it or would they ask for a valid receipt from one of their distributors?
    And if anyone's dealt with their returns department is there any information I need to take note off since i can't physically be around my monitor or its box when I ring them due the work
    Thank you!

8 Comments

The only warranty I have ever had to claim with Samsung was for a Monitor bought from OCUK. When I called I was never asked for proof of purchase or even the date of purchase only the monitor model and serial number, 5 minutes later a collection had been arranged and before the faulty monitor was even collected a refurbished replacement was delivered. It should be noted that this was a few years ago however.

It broke? How exactly?

Original Poster

BagABargain78

It broke? How exactly?

it was working flawless and than I turned it off. The monitors in the same room where I sleep and I was rudely awoken by a hissing sound... I thought it was coilwine from the phone charger so I unplugged it but the sound still persist. So I unplugged by other phone charger lol and than my speakers etc and it wasn't going away. Eventually I pulled the plug on everything and went back to sleep. when I woke up tried turning on my monitor and realised it's unplugged so plugged it in and found out he was the culprit making the sound. it refused to turn and so I tried another cable and another and after an hour of plugging it in and unplugging I gave up. THe power led won't turn on and the display remains black. idk what could have caused as it's in prestige cosmetic condition and even has the plastic wrapping on at the backside. when I brought it was new as described since all the cables were still sealed and the monitor it's self even has the plastic clingfoils untouched so idk why it died on me....

Original Poster

dozstanford

The only warranty I have ever had to claim with Samsung was for a Monitor … The only warranty I have ever had to claim with Samsung was for a Monitor bought from OCUK. When I called I was never asked for proof of purchase or even the date of purchase only the monitor model and serial number, 5 minutes later a collection had been arranged and before the faulty monitor was even collected a refurbished replacement was delivered. It should be noted that this was a few years ago however.

Thanks glad to hear that & you've given me some peace of mind

Original Poster

118luke

Hmmm, have a look at … Hmmm, have a look at this.http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Does-a-Manufacturers-Warranty-Mean-Anything-on-EBay-/10000000178951480/g.html

I'll have a read thank you

Luckyfrog

it was working flawless and than I turned it off. The monitors in the … it was working flawless and than I turned it off. The monitors in the same room where I sleep and I was rudely awoken by a hissing sound... I thought it was coilwine from the phone charger so I unplugged it but the sound still persist. So I unplugged by other phone charger lol and than my speakers etc and it wasn't going away. Eventually I pulled the plug on everything and went back to sleep. when I woke up tried turning on my monitor and realised it's unplugged so plugged it in and found out he was the culprit making the sound. it refused to turn and so I tried another cable and another and after an hour of plugging it in and unplugging I gave up. THe power led won't turn on and the display remains black. idk what could have caused as it's in prestige cosmetic condition and even has the plastic wrapping on at the backside. when I brought it was new as described since all the cables were still sealed and the monitor it's self even has the plastic clingfoils untouched so idk why it died on me....

Definitely sounds like a warranty issue. Be interesting to see if they honour it.

Original Poster

BagABargain78

Definitely sounds like a warranty issue. Be interesting to see if they … Definitely sounds like a warranty issue. Be interesting to see if they honour it.

They have agreed to pick it up tomorrow for repair. The operator only asked for the model, serial code and date of purchase and how it broke etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?39
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2853
      3. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1021
      4. Is this a Nespresso capsules compatible machine?11

See more discussions