Groups

Would the country still be in "the state that it's in" if Tories had been in power for the last 12 years?

If you have an opinion on the question posed please start your post with a solid YES or a NO.

17 Comments

Original Poster

YES.

It just seems to me that people blame Gordon Brown or Labour for the "mess that we're in" when alot of it is because of a global crisis that would've happened no matter who was in power.

Banned

NO......

this would have happened years earlier......with no recovery in sight

No. It's that prat that lives down the road in North Queensferrys fault. He sold all our gold at record losses

NO

it would be worse.

Banned

thedish;8525594

No. It's that prat that lives down the road in North Queensferrys fault. … No. It's that prat that lives down the road in North Queensferrys fault. He sold all our gold at record losses

record loses? i dont think so.........hindsight is a wonderful thing tho eh

imagine if everyone knew what was gonna happen:roll:

thedish;8525594

No. It's that prat that lives down the road in North Queensferrys fault. … No. It's that prat that lives down the road in North Queensferrys fault. He sold all our gold at record losses

Because that was all that was left after Maggie and her crew sold everything else!:whistling:

Banned

muckypup;8525610

Because that was all that was left after Maggie and her crew sold … Because that was all that was left after Maggie and her crew sold everything else!:whistling:

and they didnt mention that in the 1979 manifesto did they,,,,,,,,,,nothing mentioned of privatisation whatsoever the schemeing scumbags

wonder what its gonna be this time

no no no

thedish;8525594

And he bought cheap shares in the banks that are worth nearly 4 times what he paid for them, your point?

generaloneill;8525660

And he bought cheap shares in the banks that are worth nearly 4 times … And he bought cheap shares in the banks that are worth nearly 4 times what he paid for them, your point?

My point is he's a prat that lives down the road from me.

Yes!!!!

thedish;8525594

NO

And does anyone else think that all these "money4gold" websites is just the govt trying to buy back the countries gold stock? lol

YES, although i expect that the poor would have been hit harder. Would we have had a minimum wage, tax credits and an available to all NHS? I doubt it.

Yes, Labour have made mistakes, as has the SNP in Scotland but I am old enough to remember "Thatcher the milk snatcher" and the policies she enforced on Scotland. And all the greed and class war.

I for one don't want to return to that and only hope that the latest generation of voters aren't fooled by the sheep's clothing.

worse.

Yes but worse

Yes we'd be worse off, Yet I bet Torries get voted in.

Although the Countries in a state now, It's a world wide crisis.

Blair stood down when he saw their was a crisis, Gordon Brown's taking the stick for it.

I hated how Blair was a puppet to Bush.

This is a loaded question. If you answer yes you are saying that the country is in a mess when whole of the developed world is in a similar mess.
    Labour tried to invest in public services like NHS & Education and tried to pay for it by stimulating the economy so generating revenue from taxes but all this hit the global recession which labour may have indirectly added to by relaxing regulations. Credit should go to labour for invtesting in public services, Gordon Brown for getting international concensus on how to deal with the recession and Alister Darling for not allowing Barclays to buy the failed US bank Lehmans. This was the new labour using and working with the capitalist system to pay for public services. They were so blinded by their ambitions that they threw common sense aside and allowed Blair to side with Bush on pointless wars.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31149
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2131
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764284
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…55

See more discussions