Groups

Would this be any good for Roblox & Minecraft please?

ebuyer.com/765…abu

For my 8 year old daughter, any help appreciated.

11 Comments

That laptop would be more than adequate, Good price as well.

Original Poster

shauneco

That laptop would be more than adequate, Good price as well.

Thank you

no offence - but if it's for an 8 yr old, is a Windows laptop not a bit overkill for games like Roblox or Minecraft? Windows can be complicated for some adults to use, so I can't help but think the operating system (PC's in general) are not that user friendly for children?

Original Poster

kjcoolcat

no offence - but if it's for an 8 yr old, is a Windows laptop not a bit … no offence - but if it's for an 8 yr old, is a Windows laptop not a bit overkill for games like Roblox or Minecraft? Windows can be complicated for some adults to use, so I can't help but think the operating system (PC's in general) are not that user friendly for children?

No offence taken, I've posted in here for help. We have a PC with windows 10 and she knows her way around that, is there anything else you would suggest?

Original Poster

Btw she has an iPad but likes the full version of the games she plays on the PC but doesn't want to be stuck in another room from us playing on the PC, that's why she's asked for a laptop for xmas

claire7519

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-110-15-6-inch-laptop-amd-a6-4gb-ram-1tb-black-229-tesco-direct-2551376 or this?

That's a lot weaker in terms of computing power. Stick with the i3 models if you're going to be running any games. An i3-6100U would be better (and the latest 7100U better still) but you won't get them for £300 with a 250GB SSD.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

That's a lot weaker in terms of computing power. Stick with the i3 models … That's a lot weaker in terms of computing power. Stick with the i3 models if you're going to be running any games. An i3-6100U would be better (and the latest 7100U better still) but you won't get them for £300 with a 250GB SSD.

Ok thanks, not too bothered about the SSD actually, she's probably going to be better off with a smaller screen if there's such thing with an i3, I'll hold on until Black Friday see if there's anything about along those lines.

claire7519

No offence taken, I've posted in here for help. We have a PC with windows … No offence taken, I've posted in here for help. We have a PC with windows 10 and she knows her way around that, is there anything else you would suggest?

Fair enough - just wanted to let you know before you shell out on a PC and find it's not as user friendly as tablets and the like. My son is 7 and uses a Lenovo tablet for Minecraft / Roblox - but will sometimes have a go on my laptop for the sims etc, that's an i3 - 6100U HP Probook - but it struggles with anything I'm half interested in playing

In all honesty, I wouldn't be paying too much for a laptop. unless it's something that the family would be using. Dedicated Gaming PC/Laptops are what's needed to play the majority of games (the Roblox/Minecrafts will run on most things).

Original Poster

kjcoolcat

Fair enough - just wanted to let you know before you shell out on a PC … Fair enough - just wanted to let you know before you shell out on a PC and find it's not as user friendly as tablets and the like. My son is 7 and uses a Lenovo tablet for Minecraft / Roblox - but will sometimes have a go on my laptop for the sims etc, that's an i3 - 6100U HP Probook - but it struggles with anything I'm half interested in playing :)In all honesty, I wouldn't be paying too much for a laptop. unless it's something that the family would be using. Dedicated Gaming PC/Laptops are what's needed to play the majority of games (the Roblox/Minecrafts will run on most things).

I've talked her into using the PC for Roblox & getting her a little net book for you tube etc, Lenovo 100s looks good to me, thanks for your advise. I really am baffled with all the laptop models/ram/processors etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335
      3. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767171

See more discussions