Groups

Would this be rude?

Buying a Christmas gift online for someone and telling them to go and collect it. All paid for. The store is about 10 minutes away from where they live. Not good enough friend for me to splash out on delivery X)

Just want views if someone did this to you. Its a nice gift and they will love it. Just a matter of them getting it. Different town and so no chance for hand delivery.

38 Comments

I wouldn't mind, but in case they do I would explain to them that if you had it sent to yourself, and then you had to re-send it, it might not have been delivered in time due to the PO strikes

Original Poster

yellowputty

I wouldn't mind, but in case they do I would explain to them that if you … I wouldn't mind, but in case they do I would explain to them that if you had it sent to yourself, and then you had to re-send it, it might not have been delivered in time due to the PO strikes

wow thank you.. perfect excuse. forgot about that.

will they be able to collect it if you have paid? just thinking of a possible embarrassing moment and wasted trip when they're refused collection

Yes I would go and collect my present from you and thanks X)

How rude

Original Poster

japes

will they be able to collect it if you have paid? just thinking of a … will they be able to collect it if you have paid? just thinking of a possible embarrassing moment and wasted trip when they're refused collection

That should be ok as it will be their details and my payment using my credit card and will
    inform credit card company before placing an order that order is for someone else. First time Im doing this
    and so hoping all will be ok.

Original Poster

summerof76

Do you have a house of fraser near you lol. click me

I would be happy to collect...just let me know the order number and collection date and I'm on it

It depends, are you expecting granny to collect from Ann Summers?

shabbird

Do you have a house of fraser near you lol. click me

No present for me then X)

Just stretch the truth, you ordered it early November and it got lost in the post, so they had to resend it, and you feared it wouldn't arrive on time ;-)

Original Poster

summerof76

No present for me then X)

awwww isn't my online presence a great present (_;)

Original Poster

Python

Just stretch the truth, you ordered it early November and it got lost in … Just stretch the truth, you ordered it early November and it got lost in the post, so they had to resend it, and you feared it wouldn't arrive on time ;-)

Will be going with that. 8). Hopefully they won't mind picking it up.

What store is it? Some stores require the payment card at point of collection.

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

What store is it? Some stores require the payment card at point of … What store is it? Some stores require the payment card at point of collection.

Its Tesco Direct. . Will call them first and make sure its possible. Thanks

shabbird

Its Tesco Direct. . Will call them first and make sure its possible. … Its Tesco Direct. . Will call them first and make sure its possible. Thanks

Can't you get the one month free delivery saver trial then you can get it delivered free (next day too!)
    Edited by: "sooziewoo" 20th Dec 2016

Original Poster

sooziewoo

Can't you get the one month free delivery saver trial then you can get it … Can't you get the one month free delivery saver trial then you can get it delivered free (next day too!)

sadly this isn't an option for me. Im probably making it harder but never had a problem with click and
    collect at Tesco and most times, didn't even see my card. But I will give them a call before.

It`s the thought that counts, it`s still a gift\present were adults !

summerof76

I have a load for you

I've done this with a relative who didnt bother to pick up a present that was kept at the post office because they were out when the PO tried to deliver. So I suggest your excuse is that it is so they can collect at a time that suits them.

Sent my mum to pick up the Christmas thongs I ordered her, go for it!

philphil61

I have a load for you:p

Can they all fit in a big sack ? and unloaded somewhere
    Edited by: "summerof76" 20th Dec 2016

Graham1979

Sent my mum to pick up the Christmas thongs I ordered her, go for it!

Hope they were a nice and stringy type

summerof76

Can they all fit in a big sack ? and unloaded somewhere

Filth. You're out of control.

you could just send them a picture of what you were going to buy them, it's the thought that counts.

I wouldn't mind, it's a nice gesture.

Original Poster

davewave

you could just send them a picture of what you were going to buy them, … you could just send them a picture of what you were going to buy them, it's the thought that counts.

lol. oh you are a bad influence. X)

shabbird

Its Tesco Direct. . Will call them first and make sure its possible. … Its Tesco Direct. . Will call them first and make sure its possible. Thanks

If its Tesco, I would text them a copy of the reservation number. Generally they ask either the number or name, and if its clothing or non clothing.
    Usually Tesco are quite good

I told you this not paying for it wouldn't end well

deeky

Filth. You're out of control.

My apologies to you deeky

Banned

Not rude at all

Unless the cost of the gift doesnt cover the petrol & parking.

Then again. What an excellent idea.... Buy people you hate 10p gifts & get them to collect.

Depends where from

Lidel no
    Aldo no
    Tesco no

House of frazer yes
    Shofskie yes
    Penhalagans yes

Banned

ahhh, won't the receiver have to show I.d?
    tell them to take that.

Original Poster

All sorted with my credit card company and Tesco Customer service. Used their details
    but I paid for it. So they can collect it with their own ID. Sadly, they will get a receipt so will find out
    how much it cost.

Main thing I was worried is if it would look bad asking someone to
    pick up their gift. Will be using the excuses given in this thread so thank you.

If anyone sends me a present, i'd go to their house to collect it, never mind the shop 10 minutes away.

If they get upset then dont send them any more presents. Simple.

shabbird

All sorted with my credit card company and Tesco Customer service. Used … All sorted with my credit card company and Tesco Customer service. Used their detailsbut I paid for it. So they can collect it with their own ID. Sadly, they will get a receipt so will find out how much it cost.Main thing I was worried is if it would look bad asking someone to pick up their gift. Will be using the excuses given in this thread so thank you.

*gets receipt , realises it cost more in the taxi to pick it up*

wozukSilencer

*gets receipt , realises it cost more in the taxi to pick it up*

should have got the bus

mutley1

should have got the bus

i'm not loaded X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest Fifa 18 Digital code?11