Would this Bluetooth FM transmitter work well with Android Auto for an older car?

Posted 7th Feb
Amazon Link

Hi,

I have just got a Huawei P30 Pro and want to make use of Android auto for playing music, navigation and voice control in my 2011 Vauxhall Corsa, the car has bluetooth but handles calls only from what I see.

I undertstand you can use a AUX to Bluetooth device where normally you need to link a charger to keep it working well.

However wonder if anyone has any experience using one of these for what I want to above? Would be handy to have a QC 3.0 USB to charge the phone also if needed.

I have tried to read reviews and questions but no one is mentioning Android Auto.

Most appreicated!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
I got my nephew one of these for his 07 Punto but no matter what radio frequency it was set to, when he started driving it would get bad interference. He ended up taking out the stereo and plugging an aux wire into the back.

Your results may differ as the interference really does depend on location. Worst case is you just return it as 'not as described' so you wont have to pay postage.
XboxMasterRace07/02/2020 23:43

I got my nephew one of these for his 07 Punto but no matter what radio …I got my nephew one of these for his 07 Punto but no matter what radio frequency it was set to, when he started driving it would get bad interference. He ended up taking out the stereo and plugging an aux wire into the back.Your results may differ as the interference really does depend on location. Worst case is you just return it as 'not as described' so you wont have to pay postage.

Thanks for the reply. Was it a similar one? I am looking and the reviews look favourable for the connection quality but of course can vary product to product.

Good point, maybe worth trying and if doesn't work well, return it. Just not sure if it will pair up as Android Auto requires, on paper I believe it should but don't want to waste money to find out it doesn't work.

Thank you.
Which stereo is in the corsa?
Wadda08/02/2020 00:20

Which stereo is in the corsa?

Just the stock fitted basic one, no bells and whistles.
I had a similar one in my old Honda civic and it worked a dream. Make sure you pair it through the radio on a radio frequency that isn't used. Ie in between stations, that's when you'll get interference. Set it up somewhere where there's absolutely nothing, you'll see and hear a difference.
STRICKIBHOY08/02/2020 02:36

I had a similar one in my old Honda civic and it worked a dream. Make sure …I had a similar one in my old Honda civic and it worked a dream. Make sure you pair it through the radio on a radio frequency that isn't used. Ie in between stations, that's when you'll get interference. Set it up somewhere where there's absolutely nothing, you'll see and hear a difference.

Excellent, awesome to hear! I took a plunge and went for this instead!

£14.44 with voucher. Includes a PD port.

Did you use it for Android Auto also?
Edited by: "loopylloyd" 8th Feb
loopylloyd08/02/2020 02:40

Excellent, awesome to hear! I took a plunge and went for this …Excellent, awesome to hear! I took a plunge and went for this instead!£14.44 with voucher. Includes a PD port.Did you use it for Android Auto also?

I used mines for calls and playing music via Bluetooth. It worked a dream, just as good as my car now has with all this stuff built in
I used a high frequency, think it was way up in the 100's. You'll either find it in an old thread on here somewhere, some one else mentioning it, or a quick Google search will keep you right. I didn't pay much for mine around 3 years ago, passed it on and apperently it's still going strong.
I think you need to research what android auto is, you’re confusing it with simple Bluetooth audio streaming, it’s completely different. Android auto or Apple CarPlay are interfaces for touchscreen radios.
You can change your stock corsa radio for one that supports android auto, but they are not cheap.
MadSkilzYo08/02/2020 07:59

I think you need to research what android auto is, you’re confusing it w …I think you need to research what android auto is, you’re confusing it with simple Bluetooth audio streaming, it’s completely different. Android auto or Apple CarPlay are interfaces for touchscreen radios. You can change your stock corsa radio for one that supports android auto, but they are not cheap.

I intend to use the phone screen vs the interface element available in newer cars. I will then use the phone screen for the Waze maps with voice controlled Google assistant accordingly. This way, I can also use the FM transmitter in work vehicles I have access to which also don't have screen interfaces either.
Edited by: "loopylloyd" 8th Feb
Bluetooth FM transmitter arrived today.

Works perfect. Linked up easily and great sound.

Works fully with Android Auto with the phone displaying maps amazingly in a decent phone mount.

Excluding the cost of a phone mount for less than £15 you can turn your old car in to a fully compatible Android Auto operating system. Don't waste money on expensive interfaces unless the sound upgrades are worth it for you.
Edited by: "loopylloyd" 9th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants