Groups

Would this dress be suitable for a wedding or would it be disrespectful as it's white?

13 Comments

Ignoring the fact that it is grey, it's short and has butterflies on it so why not?

Original Poster

cdm22

Ignoring the fact that it is grey, it's short and has butterflies on it … Ignoring the fact that it is grey, it's short and has butterflies on it so why not?

It looks white to me, am I colour blind?! haha Thanks for the response

Description calls it grey. I wouldn't bother about the background colour too much as it is multicoloured. It is very pretty. If you are concerned, match it with a different coloured jacket and shoes.

It's a beautiful dress and no it will be fine. It is grey to me as well.

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell

Description calls it grey. I wouldn't bother about the background colour … Description calls it grey. I wouldn't bother about the background colour too much as it is multicoloured. It is very pretty. If you are concerned, match it with a different coloured jacket and shoes.

That's a good idea! Think i'll just go for it and hope I don't get any judgement, Thanks

Luciegoose

That's a good idea! Think i'll just go for it and hope I don't get any … That's a good idea! Think i'll just go for it and hope I don't get any judgement, Thanks

The consensus is it is a lovely dress and you will be fine. If it makes you feel better, the mother of the groom wore white at my niece's wedding. Nobody said a thing, in fact I doubt half of them even noticed

Wear what makes YOU happy

This not wearing white to a wearing irritates me, I am getting married in September and if someone wears white it won't bother me in the slightest! Go for it the dress is beautiful!

From a male perspective, of course you can wear it.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod28/dw/image/v2/AAWY_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-OASIS/default/dwe55d5f19/images/hi-res/oasis_06286116_2.jpg?sw=640&sh=533&sm=fit
    I think it's lovely!

it looks lovely, particularly with the white jacket.

It's a very cute dress , pale grey so not an issue . However I'm with the old fashioned lot as the bride should be the only one to wear white so she stands out , but this is lovely, and not bridal so really no issue.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I went for it and bought the dress! It is definitely grey, that picture is so misleading, and it is lovely, can't wait to wear it! Thanks for all your help and lovely comments
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick22

See more discussions