Would this hard-drive fit in my laptop?

9 replies
Found 4th Aug 2009
Would this hard-drive fit inside my dell studio 1737?

Interface: Serial ATA (SATA-II, 3.0Gbps)
Power Consumption (in Watts @ 5V DC): 1W
Dimensions: 69.85 x 9.5 x 100.3 (W x H x D)

bought from: cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=110417894694&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Tried to look for the dimentions of other dell hard-drives but no luck, rep to who ever can confirm it either way

9 Comments

Go to the Dell site and put in your service tag number and you should be able to find out what sort of HD the system was built with - that might help!

Original Poster

k looking at hard drives that fit in my laptop this is one. Does that match with the above one i dont understand too much :oops:

accessories.euro.dell.com/sna…953

Original Poster

so because the samsung ssd drive is 2.5" it'll fit into my laptop? its just i dont want to sound a tit when asking for help installing it off a professional (mind my french)

Just wondering why you'd want to put an SSD drive into a normal laptop?
And whether the existing HD is a SATA connection or not.

golemsmate;5936284

so because the samsung ssd drive is 2.5" it'll fit into my laptop? its … so because the samsung ssd drive is 2.5" it'll fit into my laptop? its just i dont want to sound a tit when asking for help installing it off a professional (mind my french)

Yes, your laptop takes 2.5in Sata drives - the only drives that may not fit are some of the high capacity drives which are slightly taller.

John

Original Poster

i took it apart and it fitted thanks! only problem, i need an adapter to plug a thinner connection hard-drive into a thick connection

Original Poster

will give you pictures today around 2pm, dell engineer is coming to replace the hard-drive

Original Poster

moved to a dedicated thread. see my posts to find it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?310
    2. Best/cheapest music service55
    3. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?812
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…33

See more discussions