Groups

Would This RAM Work With A Samsung N130 Netbook?

I was lucky enough to get a N130 for £178.49 delivered earlier and found this..

7dayshop.com/cat…275

Would this work with a Samsung N130? Found a link with step-by-step instructions netbookusers.com/smf…de/ (Crucial Technology CT25664AC800 2GB 200-pin SODIMM DDR2 PC2-6400 is the stick illustrated in this guide).

Thank you

9 Comments

Original Poster

Linkys here for those who don't want to copy/paste: 7dayshop.com/cat…275 Dane-Elec Value Laptop Memory - SO-DIMM DDR2 667Mhz (PC2-5300) - 2GB

netbookusers.com/smf…de/ (How-to guide to fitting new memory).

louiselouise;8646834

Linkys here for those who don't want to copy/paste: … Linkys here for those who don't want to copy/paste: http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_11&products_id=103275 Dane-Elec Value Laptop Memory - SO-DIMM DDR2 667Mhz (PC2-5300) - 2GBhttp://www.netbookusers.com/smf/samsung-netbooks/samsung-n130-netbook-ram-memory-upgrade-guide/ (How-to guide to fitting new memory).

It also tells you in the N130 user manual how to upgrade the RAM.

Seriously though do you need to upgrade it on a netbook? do you use any power hungry software? I'm running Win 7 on mine and its fine.

Here is the Crucial memory - ]Crucial

As you can see, it's PC26400 which is the recomended memory.

PC2-5300 will work, but it will be slower and you will notice a difference.

Original Poster

Maybe I should suck it and see then Just wanted to be prepared, I'll see how I get on when it arrives. Not going to bother with Windows 7.

harlzter;8646880

It also tells you in the N130 user manual how to upgrade the … It also tells you in the N130 user manual how to upgrade the RAM.Seriously though do you need to upgrade it on a netbook? do you use any power hungry software? I'm running Win 7 on mine and its fine.

It should be the one thing you do do with an Atom CPU or a low spec CPU.

It makes all the difference on my dell mini 9

dontasciime;8646929

It should be the one thing you do do with an Atom CPU or a low spec … It should be the one thing you do do with an Atom CPU or a low spec CPU.It makes all the difference on my dell mini 9

For what I use my netbook for ie Web browsing/youtube etc or Backtrack 3 live USB mines fine

Original Poster

Ah, but does this memory module work on the N130? Anyone know? Knowing me I'll have it doing 1,000 things at once (very impatient).

louiselouise;8647015

Ah, but does this memory module work on the N130? Anyone know? Knowing me … Ah, but does this memory module work on the N130? Anyone know? Knowing me I'll have it doing 1,000 things at once (very impatient).

No one knows you pay your money and hope

Crucial memory modules seem to be accepted by these notebooks on a regular basis thats around £35.99 for 2gb at minute and you would need to get 667 memory to then run at 533 as it's cheaper like that normally cas might go lower (generally does if there is any headroom) cos of the higher mem freq running @ slower speed

Original Poster

Yeh, I saw memory sticks for the N130 on ebay for around £36 delivered. I'll reserve judgement til I'm tapping on my lap (or something) Thanks for replying, all.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions