Would you be annoyed?

Found 5th Aug 2009
My neighbours is a smoker.
Every night twice a night he steps outside (back garden) and lights up.
I have no problem with smokers, but i do have a problem with him walking round the other side of his conservatory next to the adjoining fence literally 2 feet from my back door and doing it.
It wafts into the kitchen and then into the lounge and it stinks i hate it..

I am being stupid?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
86 Comments

Have you asked him kindly not to smoke near your fence ?

Banned

removed

Original Poster

bykergrove;5944001

are you frigid too?

wtf is that supposed to mean? nice welcome.

Original Poster

choc1969;5943993

Have you asked him kindly not to smoke near your fence ?

i daren't to be honest, but i am seriously thinking i need to pluck up the courage to approach the subject.

Banned

Eve C;5944018

wtf is that supposed to mean? nice welcome.

lol ok i removed it.

i think you are going over the top with the smoking thing.

if the smoke comes in then close your doors. he's outside you can't blame the wind on him

and welcome

Yes, I would be annoyed - as above if the neighbour is approachable I'd ask if they could smoke further from the fence, I certainly wouldn't want the smoke coming in through my house at all.

John

Yes I would be annoyed,good for him to leave the house for a smoke outside but not ideal for you.
You will find even if he smoked a few doors away the smoke would still waft in if your windows open.

Nothing you can do really other than shut your windows.

I have the same problem, neighbours wont smoke in their house because it's disgusting and stinks. they smoke in their garden and the smoke blows in to my house through open windows. smokers should be lined up and shot.

Banned

We live in a apartment block and you are not allowed to smoke on your balcony on Patios in case it drifts to a non smoker, or into their apartment, this has been legaly introduced.:w00t:

A ex smoker so I agree with you

I would cunningly press the test button on my fire alarm every time he lites up,

Original Poster

bykergrove;5944033

lol ok i removed it.i think you are going over the top with the smoking … lol ok i removed it.i think you are going over the top with the smoking thing.if the smoke comes in then close your doors. he's outside you can't blame the wind on himand welcome

Why should i close my door?
there is no wind at all tonight and it's quite muggy hence why i have the door open.
He stands on the otherside of the fence away from his conservatory door, my back door is 1 foot from the fence.

Stand the other side of the fence with a hose. When he lights up, spray over the fence!

Invest in a hose pipe, next time he does it, unleash your force with the water, and i think he'll get the message.

just a thought

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
freaky or what, me and ThePasty said litterly the same think at the same time

close your back door

sorry im a non smoker too but we have no smoking rules in place in work ,pubs etc looks lke they have it it their home aswell,what else do you want him to do

p.s out of intrest do any of your family drive because we do but i wouldnt mind if they ended smoking ban as feel its wrong while we drive albeit a £35 tax a year low emission car while asking people not to smoke in public places

as long as smokers were segregated in bars, restraunts with toilets also in non smoking areas would have been better option
plus non smoking area at front of bar/rest instead of at back where you had to walk through it in most of my experiences

Just get a big fan and put it on when he smokes and it will go back straight into his face!

I think me and ThePasty have great minds....

Original Poster

scousekop;5944062

I would cunningly press the test button on my fire alarm every time he … I would cunningly press the test button on my fire alarm every time he lites up,

Like it :thumbsup:

Banned

Eve C;5944077

Why should i close my door? there is no wind at all tonight and it's … Why should i close my door? there is no wind at all tonight and it's quite muggy hence why i have the door open.He stands on the otherside of the fence away from his conservatory door, my back door is 1 foot from the fence.

why should he move then? what does he owe you?

I'm a non smoker also

have you said anything to him yet?

if not dont get your knickers in a twist yet as the poor guy aint had a chance to do the right thing he may be oblivious to it all

or just shut your door hes outside cant make the smoke drift that way so not as if he is doing it on purpose

non smoker x

jamstaruk1972;5944088

close your back doorsorry im a non smoker too but we have no smoking … close your back doorsorry im a non smoker too but we have no smoking rules in place in work ,pubs etc looks lke they have it it their home aswell,what else do you want him to dop.s out of intrest do any of your family drive because we do but i wouldnt mind if they ended smoking ban as feel its wrong while we drive albeit a £35 tax a year low emission car while asking people not to smoke in public placesas long as smokers were segregated in bars, restraunts with toilets also in non smoking areas would have been better optionplus non smoking area at front of bar/rest instead of at back where you had to walk through it in most of my experiences

I think I love you :thumbsup:

Eve C;5944077

Why should i close my door? there is no wind at all tonight and it's … Why should i close my door? there is no wind at all tonight and it's quite muggy hence why i have the door open.He stands on the otherside of the fence away from his conservatory door, my back door is 1 foot from the fence.

why should he move then?:roll:

i have my front door open and the smell of garlic is whafting from the chinese, i might start a thread about it lol

'how rude of the chinese resturant smell of chinese, its whafting into my house'

lol please take this as a joke x

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;5944088

close your back doorsorry im a non smoker too but we have no smoking … close your back doorsorry im a non smoker too but we have no smoking rules in place in work ,pubs etc looks lke they have it it their home aswell,what else do you want him to dop.s out of intrest do any of your family drive

He lives on his own,

Yes i drive a low emission car (Citroen C1), but wish i didn't have too, i used to cycle everywhere until my daughter was born.

to all the smokers

if you aren't happy with smoking bans/people complaining about it, just give up, ya wimps

i agree they should be given their own areas to smoke in we are all adults and can then choose wether to go to a smokers bar or resturant or go to a non smokers bar.im an ex smoker and it doesnt bother me anymore .i think we breathe more dirty gases in through the air in some places than a measly old dirty fag .thats why we have global warming if the gases are damaging the planet what are they doing to us.

Eve C;5944077

Why should i close my door?

And why should he be told by an interfering neighbour where he can and cant smoke in his own garden, if I was in his shoes and you said anything to me about where I smoked in my own bloody garden I'd buying large cigars. God I hate neighbours like that.

Banned

ilovepink;5944145

why should he move then?:roll:i have my front door open and the smell of … why should he move then?:roll:i have my front door open and the smell of garlic is whafting from the chinese, i might start a thread about it lol'how rude of the chinese resturant smell of chinese, its whafting into my house'lol please take this as a joke x

^^ this minus the joke bit

Banned

ctuk;5944157

to all the smokersif you aren't happy with smoking bans/people … to all the smokersif you aren't happy with smoking bans/people complaining about it, just give up, ya wimps

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

As a non-smoker surely she has the right to have her back door open without someone imposing there bad habit on to her and her family.

bitseylango;5944132

I think I love you :thumbsup:

lol a smoker then?

sorry it would never work

just agree that smokers have rights also

ctuk;5944058

I have the same problem, neighbours wont smoke in their house because … I have the same problem, neighbours wont smoke in their house because it's disgusting and stinks. they smoke in their garden and the smoke blows in to my house through open windows. smokers should be lined up and shot.

Nice trolling.

I love how you put a bit in bold just to get a reaction.

Banned

harlzter;5944160

And why should he be told by an interfering neighbour where he can and … And why should he be told by an interfering neighbour where he can and cant smoke in his own garden, if I was in his shoes and you said anything to me about where I smoked in my own bloody garden I'd buying large cigars. God I hate neighbours like that.

i'd make a 6 foot tyre fire in my garden when she put the washing out... that'll learn the busybody!

ctuk;5944157

to all the smokersif you aren't happy with smoking bans/people … to all the smokersif you aren't happy with smoking bans/people complaining about it, just give up, ya wimps

And to all the non-smokers start smoking or arent you brave enough to inhale a lungful of carciogens? You only live once.

why should smokers get "smoking areas" anyway, the fools aren't forced to smoke, it's their own stupid choice

Maybe he's listening in on your conversation - or just wanting to be near someone for company - aaahhhhh.

I would be annoyed, though I would nicely ask if he could do it a bit further away from the fence.

linw;5944158

i agree they should be given their own areas to smoke in we are all … i agree they should be given their own areas to smoke in we are all adults and can then choose wether to go to a smokers bar or resturant or go to a non smokers bar.im an ex smoker and it doesnt bother me anymore .i think we breathe more dirty gases in through the air in some places than a measly old dirty fag .thats why we have global warming if the gases are damaging the planet what are they doing to us.

+1

take note op

harlzter;5944180

And to all the non-smokers start smoking or arent you brave enough to … And to all the non-smokers start smoking or arent you brave enough to inhale a lungful of carciogens? You only live once.

lol

scousekop;5944167

As a non-smoker surely she has the right to have her back door open … As a non-smoker surely she has the right to have her back door open without someone imposing there bad habit on to her and her family.

its not like hes blowing it in her face thou is it , come one

taurus_the_bull;5944099

I think me and ThePasty have great minds....

Me too......:whistling:

Bloody man

smoking in his own garden :w00t:

should be shot etc.......................:roll:

ffs close your door!

Original Poster

I think i will speak to him.

I know its a free country etc etc and he has a right to smoke outside, i dunno i just guess i am a bit more considerate and worry about stuff like that.

I was just getting a grump off my chest, thanks for your input everyone, Much appreciated.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.