Groups
    EXPIRED

Would you be tempted to "throw a sickie" for the world cup??

Employers are gearing themselves up for a wave of sickies during the footy.

So who would phone in and make up an illness to watch England? If they got to the semis or finals and your boss expected you to work would you "develop" the flu?

23 Comments

All the semis and 3rd place play off and final are all being played at 7:30pm (19:30) Wether that means SA time, im not sure.

earliest games start at 3pm dont they?

Would just record it and watch it when I get home

Original Poster

antman101;8787679

All the semis and 3rd place play off and final are all being played at … All the semis and 3rd place play off and final are all being played at 7:30pm (19:30) Wether that means SA time, im not sure.

true enough-plenty shopworkers do those hours tho m8-police,nurses,firefighters etc etc-not everyone finishes work at 5pm

Banned

antman101;8787679

All the semis and 3rd place play off and final are all being played at … All the semis and 3rd place play off and final are all being played at 7:30pm (19:30) Wether that means SA time, im not sure.

Which is fine if you're a nine to fiver.

Fair enough, i dont even work!

I quit so i could watch the world cup.

So im just putting that out there, good point though.

But if i did then i wouldnt throw a sickie, i would make sure i had my iphone with me to watch the games :P

Or just grow my hair, then wear headphones and listen to it on radio five live? Lol

Banned

Any self respecting fan will have booked the time off well in advance,

Banned

I havent had a day off sick since Easter 2002 when I have Chicken Pox and probably 8 years or so prior to that for the last one previous. (I'd never get away with a sickie - I'm far too healthy.)

I get home early anyway.... so just need to leave 45 minutes earlier and I'll see the kick offs live!

Original Poster

master_chief;8787731

Any self respecting fan will have booked the time off well in advance,

2 of my friends have taken their entire annual leave,filled the house with beer,pizzas and ready meals and plan on watching every game. they are having a barbecue for each england game and for the final-other than that they are not to be disturbed-no phonecalls,no unexpected visitors etc-all sounds a bit weird to me,but each to their own.

why bother england aint winning it anyway! lulz

barky;8787772

2 of my friends have taken their entire annual leave,filled the house … 2 of my friends have taken their entire annual leave,filled the house with beer,pizzas and ready meals and plan on watching every game. they are having a barbecue for each england game and for the final-other than that they are not to be disturbed-no phonecalls,no unexpected visitors etc-all sounds a bit weird to me,but each to their own.

What in Glasgow ????

muffin247;8787784

why bother england aint winning it anyway! lulz

yeah good reason not to watch the world cup:? there are other teams in it and there will without doubt be some cracking games

Depends on the game I suppose. If Scotland ever get to another world cup, I probably wouldn't for the first round games (usually end in disappointment anyway), but if by some miracle they ever get beyond that then we're in uncharted territory, and I'd definitely consider it if I couldn't book the time off.

Anyways, never likely to happen sadly.....

Original Poster

blobbyrob;8787797

What in Glasgow ????

yep-believe it or not,some of us WANT England to do well-we arent all haters up here-I will be cheering on the British team against anyone!

Plenty Scots wont agree with me,but I just dont subscribe to that attitude.

No just book afternoon off

Banned

barky;8787869

yep-believe it or not,some of us WANT England to do well-we arent all … yep-believe it or not,some of us WANT England to do well-we arent all haters up here-I will be cheering on the British team against anyone!Plenty Scots wont agree with me,but I just dont subscribe to that attitude.

I can see the lynch mob banging on your door...

I go in for a hernia operation this week so I'm off sick until 12th July. Sorted!

Although no leaping around for the first match and no carrying heavy weights so my missus will need to fetch the beer.

No, because we will be showing all coverage :-D
    & I can even have a couple of drinks whilst I'm working

Original Poster

pugw$sh;8787889

I go in for a hernia operation this week so I'm off sick until 12th July. … I go in for a hernia operation this week so I'm off sick until 12th July. Sorted!Although no leaping around for the first match and no carrying heavy weights so my missus will need to fetch the beer.

no rumpy pumpy either for a while! good luck with the op btw.

barky;8787869

yep-believe it or not,some of us WANT England to do well-we arent all … yep-believe it or not,some of us WANT England to do well-we arent all haters up here-I will be cheering on the British team against anyone!Plenty Scots wont agree with me,but I just dont subscribe to that attitude.

master_chief;8787881

I can see the lynch mob banging on your door...

Where do you live?? :whistling:

barky;8787869

Surprised me that has. I bet they wont be hanging the flags out the windows.:roll:

Banned

barky;8787869

Good for you Barky. :thumbsup:

i seriously cant wait Barky!!! if i had a job then yeah i probably would ask to leave early and if they said no id just bunk!

even if we dont win its still a quality competition and you get to see all of the best players in the world play! im looking forward to the argentina matches, messi, teves, milito....think them and Netherlands will be the 2 to look out for!!

Thats what "Working from Home" days are excellent for (that & hangovers !!)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions