Would you buy a PS4 VR for a 8 year old?

16 replies
Found 10th Dec 2016
One of his requests from mr santa is a VR for the PS4 but he is only 8... anyone else getting one for a child under 12?

16 Comments

My 9 yr old son was after one but thankfully decided to change his mind last minute !

No, I think VR has warnings over usage for children. I think it's probably playing on the safe side.

Original Poster

GNKelly07

There are a few cables involved and it is certainly not for the … There are a few cables involved and it is certainly not for the clumsy.But if you feel like the kid is mature enough then why not?

hes mature, its more the effect on his eye sight. which is why they issued warning.. just dont know if thats true.

Personally, I wouldn't.

My son is 11 and I don't think I would see him getting the money out of it just now. It will come down in price.
That being said, it's your choice, if you think he'll get good use out of it and happy to pay the price, then why not.

But as stated, check warnings etc.

Nope would probably ruin their eyesight pretty sure the box say under 13 shouldn't try it

No not yet - for the sake of waiting a couple of years I don't think it's worth any potential risks.

Most VR headset manufacturers advise that children under 12 / 13 shouldn't use them because of the distance of the eye with children's small heads, this causing eye strain and damage.

Nope, far too young with eyes and functions too vulnerable to the technology. He is also likely to play with it for just s couple of days.

"Would you buy a PS4 VR for a 8 year old?"

No, as its £350!

You're welcome!

Personally I'd wait for it to be tried and tested on the market for some time first. If there are unfortunate risks to children then that will surface in due course.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqkaa0cc7Z1r25534o1_500.gif

My OH has one and doesn't let the kids use it.

i want one,and intend tolet my kids (7 and 10) have a go under supervision.youngest is dying to try job simulator

violentj

i want one,and intend tolet my kids (7 and 10) have a go under … i want one,and intend tolet my kids (7 and 10) have a go under supervision.youngest is dying to try job simulator

Is it really worth it? After using it for a while I can feel the strain on my eyes.

I don't like to use it too long but my OH can use it for ages with no problems

nope, his eyes are still devolping. warnings are there for a good reason.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…55
    2. Whey protien621
    3. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?37
    4. Camera lens33

See more discussions