Would you buy electronics before Black Friday?

Posted 30th Oct
With Black Friday just around the corner would you take a chance on buying an electrical item now or wait to see what happens on Black Friday?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
A few years ago when Black Friday was just starting here, I'd say yes. But from what I saw last year, the 'deals' weren't as impressive as they have been. If I saw something on offer tomorrow that seemed good, I wouldn't pass it up just to take the gamble that it would be better on BF.
16 Comments
Personally I wouldn't during the month of November. Intact I don't buy anythj g during November & wait for the sales to start on black Fri or that week.
A few years ago when Black Friday was just starting here, I'd say yes. But from what I saw last year, the 'deals' weren't as impressive as they have been. If I saw something on offer tomorrow that seemed good, I wouldn't pass it up just to take the gamble that it would be better on BF.
slimy3130/10/2019 06:50

A few years ago when Black Friday was just starting here, I'd say yes. But …A few years ago when Black Friday was just starting here, I'd say yes. But from what I saw last year, the 'deals' weren't as impressive as they have been. If I saw something on offer tomorrow that seemed good, I wouldn't pass it up just to take the gamble that it would be better on BF.

+1 on what slimy said.
This community finds great deals that easily rival B.F deals. I've was mega disappointed with the B.F, it didn't offer much
Never found 1 thing I wanted on black Friday. They are just that price a few months after anyway.
Ladylayx30/10/2019 06:47

Personally I wouldn't during the month of November. Intact I don't buy …Personally I wouldn't during the month of November. Intact I don't buy anythj g during November & wait for the sales to start on black Fri or that week.

You might be having a stroke, please consult a medical professional.
I've just ordered a new phone, I was considering waiting to see but stock seemed to be running low everywhere (as it's a discontinued model - Pixel 3 XL) so FOMO kicked in and the deal was good anyway so pulled the trigger while I could. Generally I don't particularly rate Black Friday, if you search hard enough there are good deals out there all year.
Bought Switch. Sales seems to be on all the time and better thab black friday.
If I lived in America I'd wait but here, if I need now i'd buy now. I did a search to see what last BF was like on various sites, very hit and miss.Look at Amazon for example inc Prime Day, if it's their own brand there are good offers, otherwise mostly rubbish.
No.
Retailer probably mark up the price now such that they can 'on sale' later.
Yes.

Amazon echo dot £8.98. It wont be anything less than £20 on black friday.
Yes. Bought plenty recently
Retailers are catching on, you'll often find things cheaper leading up to black Friday, and many things will go up in price in prep for a reduction. And then there will be the special buys that only appear on the sale itself.
BF last year was pointless, year before wasn’t much better. I wouldn’t wait anymore. If an item is a price you’re happy with then get it, as quite often BF ends up more expensive than a deal
Price, under the pretence of being a BF deal.
Thankfully camemcamel helps decide what's a good price and what isn't, at least with Amazon.
Make.Amazon.Great.Again30/10/2019 07:58

You might be having a stroke, please consult a medical professional.

Either that or I had 3 children jumping on me whilst typing! I'm going to go with the latter.
If you are after something and it's significantly cheaper at one place than anywhere else then yes i'd buy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants