would you buy from a ebay seller with 0 feedback?

Found 23rd May 2012
He has sold 56 says 43 still avalible but hasnt had anyone feedback yet. All he is selling is a doll pram for £14.98 but everyone else is selling between £35 and £70. I would love to get my little girl it but cant be doing with the hastle of paypay refunds. Seems like a back of the lorry job to me.

Oh and only joined the 18th of this month

38 Comments

yea i would buy , what have you got to lose really? i know its a little hassle but you will always get your money back if it doesnt work out

If you pay with PayPal you are covered obviously.. but wouldn't risk it personally.

you got to start somewhere i guess. also as you say s/he joined on the 18th and its only the 23rd so the items s/he. has sold may not have arrived at the address of the customers and therefore they have not left feedback. just wait a while for those to leave feedback to give you some peace of mind

Wouldn't bother myself, free postage as well, no way are you going to get that pram delivered for £15 imo.

Express delivery from outside of the UK too. (for £15 oO)
Edited by: "greg_68" 23rd May 2012

Not the most wise option but Paypal might cover you. Might.

personally i would buy if you think your saving money. they might turn out to be a really good seller but only just joined ebay to sell on. you never know paypal surely will recover your money if it is a scam

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is"

Listen to your brain, not your wallet mate is it really worth the risk?
Edited by: "JamesClark1991" 23rd May 2012

Banned

why not email the seller and ask to collect, if genuine they would be happy to, cannot see how the seller would be making anything here, but who knows stranger things have happened, as a new seller would have thought all paymets would be on hold till feedback has been left

I would buy - after all you know you are covered. I would not be doing it if it was a £100+ product though. I have had many bargains with new sellers like these, although sometimes you have to hold their hand through the process.

Original Poster

My thing is just seems too good for that price i may sit on it see how i feel later

Original Poster

Ive decided to risk it just did it and its payment pending i think that means he gets the funds off paypal when i receive the item is this right?

jensangel

My thing is just seems too good for that price i may sit on it see how i … My thing is just seems too good for that price i may sit on it see how i feel later

jensangel

Ive decided to risk it just did it and its payment pending i think that … Ive decided to risk it just did it and its payment pending i think that means he gets the funds off paypal when i receive the item is this right?

10 minutes X)

jensangel

My thing is just seems too good for that price i may sit on it see how i … My thing is just seems too good for that price i may sit on it see how i feel later

Often scam listings are too good to be true. You either get nothing or a piece of string sent with a tracking number to validate that something has been sent. Then you are expected to return the piece of string via a fully trackable service at your own cost. 9/10 the foreign seller won't have received your item back so you get no refund and are out of pocket the postage costs too.

See you post another message in a few weeks time about how it has gone pear shaped, hope not but most probably will due. Too many negatives (0 feedback, express delivery from outside UK, unbelievable pricing etc)

Have got some real bargains risking on 0 feedback members items, like someone else said we all had to start at 0 and not everyone in The world is out to scam you(so I like to believe!) Grab the bargain and if it doesn't work out claim your money back.

Banned

what is the item number?

Thing is I know loads of people that have got a job lot in and listed on ebay with 0 feedback as its the best thing to do to get rid quick but then there are scammers in the world but you are covered

Banned

Is ok ive found

Banned

Scammers are stupid to try to scam off a new account just buy one dont pay until others have left feedback

Banned

jensangel

Ive decided to risk it just did it and its payment pending i think that … Ive decided to risk it just did it and its payment pending i think that means he gets the funds off paypal when i receive the item is this right?

you could have held off paying for a few days, by then some feedback would have been left

edit - what churchill said lol
Edited by: "sassie" 23rd May 2012

Banned

jensangel

Thats why is stupid scamming off a new account

Banned

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mamas-Papas-X-CEL-Dolls-Pram-in-Damask-/130699529906?pt=UK_Dolls_Accessories_RL&hash=item1e6e4c8eb2#ht_540wt_1185

Heres link for any body else that want a minature dolls house pram X)

Banned

inb4 X)

http://www.thetoyshop.com/media/toyshop/products/Playmobil-2012/zoom/46971.jpg

With a name like munzell1, I would say 100% legit.

Original Poster

I have gone to paypay to see about the transaction and its a unregistered paypal account ive put a cancel in and emailed him to say its not going to a paypal and to ask why there so cheap.

Banned

jensangel

I have gone to paypay to see about the transaction and its a unregistered … I have gone to paypay to see about the transaction and its a unregistered paypal account ive put a cancel in and emailed him to say its not going to a paypal and to ask why there so cheap.

New ebay account so it stands to reason it would be a new Paypal unregistered account, your still covered

Original Poster

churchill

New ebay account so it stands to reason it would be a new Paypal … New ebay account so it stands to reason it would be a new Paypal unregistered account, your still covered

it wasnt sending the payment through at all not just saying unregistered it was just sitting there waiting?

£15.00 and free postage from outside the UK............................

yeah right....

Nice tidy > £800 profit for the new member on eBay. Hope you get your item but I wouldn't have risked it personally.

56 could have been sold in one day and therefore there may not have been chance for delivery and appropriate feedback to be made.

Personally I would wait until I saw some feedback before buying.

Yes there are rights under Paypal etc but sometimes the hassle of problems afterwards doesn't make the purchase worthwhile for the difference in money.

Original Poster

yep has been removed i did cancel the payment if anyone had bothered to read that

deb8z

I reported the listing earlier on,I don't know if anybody else did as … I reported the listing earlier on,I don't know if anybody else did as well,but it's been removed.

That really is quite pathetic.

Care to share your ebay usernames so we can report you for no reason?

Some people need to get a life.

jensangel

it wasnt sending the payment through at all not just saying unregistered … it wasnt sending the payment through at all not just saying unregistered it was just sitting there waiting?

This would usually mean the e-mail used is not registered to a PayPal account, the seller would be informed by e-mail and would be instructed to open an account in order to collect the payment.

reddit

56 could have been sold in one day and therefore there may not have been … 56 could have been sold in one day and therefore there may not have been chance for delivery and appropriate feedback to be made.Personally I would wait until I saw some feedback before buying.Yes there are rights under Paypal etc but sometimes the hassle of problems afterwards doesn't make the purchase worthwhile for the difference in money.

They have all sold in the last couple of days, so not enough time to receive and leave feedback.

no*

Dont know if it has been said but when I was a new seller PP holds the funds until you leave feedback

Original Poster

shosie

Dont know if it has been said but when I was a new seller PP holds the … Dont know if it has been said but when I was a new seller PP holds the funds until you leave feedback

thats what i orignally thought they did as we had to do this for something else.

deb8z

Not only have they removed the listing, the account is now NARU and they … Not only have they removed the listing, the account is now NARU and they don't do that for nothing.

what is naru?
Edited by: "jensangel" 23rd May 2012

Banned

shosie

Dont know if it has been said but when I was a new seller PP holds the … Dont know if it has been said but when I was a new seller PP holds the funds until you leave feedback

deb8z

Not only have they removed the listing, the account is now NARU and they … Not only have they removed the listing, the account is now NARU and they don't do that for nothing.

Not A Registered User

Means they gone

shosie

deb8z

Not a registered user.

Damn too slow X)
Edited by: "LoveHearts" 23rd May 2012

Original Poster

ah now i know
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions