Would you buy this electric car?

Posted 3rd Aug
It competes against the Tesla Model S, costs less than the Model 3, but is about 18 months ahead of both in technological advances.

Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
It's amazing what advertisers and actors can come up with. China is well known for ripping off other car manufacturers and telling them where to stick it when they start complaining.
Looka like they seen some Peugeot concepts and thought well have that also their president name sounds like something you'd catch on a night out Wang Chuanfu
No
The most interesting aspect is the battery.
Fireproof, ultra fast charging and a minimum of double the longevity of competing car batteries.
Being so stable, expect it to have up to 4 times the longevity.

Meanwhile, the most known, yet most unreliable brand out there, keeps catching fire.
Edited by: "LadyEleanor" 3rd Aug
Sure. China is producing some very interesting ev's.
xpeng, nio, byd, etc.
Yet, near no one even has heard of them.
LadyEleanor03/08/2020 22:16

Yet, near no one even has heard of them.

Most haven't bothered to try and sell outside china yet. Why would they? They have a huge internal market and until they get much bigger they have no need to try. Why go through the hassle and costs of setting up internationally when you can sell everything you make easily in country?

I spoke to xpeng and they told me they had no short term intention to sell internationally.
LadyEleanor03/08/2020 22:11

The most interesting aspect is the battery.Fireproof, ultra fast charging …The most interesting aspect is the battery.Fireproof, ultra fast charging and a minimum of double the longevity of competing car batteries.Being so stable, expect it to have up to 4 times the longevity.Meanwhile, the most known, yet most unreliable brand out there, keeps catching fire.

One of the things BYD are best known for are their shanghai taxis that caught fire.
EndlessWaves04/08/2020 11:06

One of the things BYD are best known for are their shanghai taxis that …One of the things BYD are best known for are their shanghai taxis that caught fire.

Indeed. That is why the new battery technology they have is so important. Hitting any Lithium Ion car at 100 mph has high risk.
There are plenty of Tesla ones doing the same so as well as spontaneous combustion, from I assume degraded batteries, the old short life tech has two ways to explode.

I expect China to be the first go ban traditional Lithium Ion batteries. Even Tesla are adopting a safer version for China, the west keeping the high risk, more unreliable ones for now.
Edited by: "LadyEleanor" 4th Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text