Would you buy your bed from ebay

Found 10th May 2012
hi all, have been searching around for a nice divan set (base+mattress). looking for pocket sprung only min: 1000. the ones on argos+homebase are out of stock. rest where too expensive. Came across ebay shops in particular found this:

[url=ebay.co.uk/itm…979?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Beds&hash=item27c608017b[/url]

Would you buy from ebay tho, am worried after delievery you cannot do anything even if the bed is damaged. plus am faraway from seller.

1. Misc
  2. Bed
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Bed
16 Comments

i bought one before from a company on ebay. some parts came broken but the company gave new parts the next day.

As long as it's not used!

Banned

Only if it had been used extensively.

Banned

greatest666

Only if it had been used extensively.

damn you !!

yes!! ordered my sons divan and mattress and headboard from there. amazinly thick mattress...very nice and good price. do u want the link to who i ordered from?

Original Poster

magicbeans

yes!! ordered my sons divan and mattress and headboard from there. … yes!! ordered my sons divan and mattress and headboard from there. amazinly thick mattress...very nice and good price. do u want the link to who i ordered from?

thanks very useful but was after something that is individual springs rather then miracoil

Banned

i bought my memory foam mattress about 3 years ago. with 10 years warranty ...serving brilliant high streets were selling for more then double price what i paid!!

No. Just no.

Tesco always have offers on beds though. Picked up a double for £52 the other month online

Original Poster

James I think was after the same bed, tesco selling right now at £408. strange

Banned

oopslala

i bought my memory foam mattress about 3 years ago. with 10 years … i bought my memory foam mattress about 3 years ago. with 10 years warranty ...serving brilliant high streets were selling for more then double price what i paid!!

same here. My high street wanted £500. I paid £120 delivered

As for all high value item purchased, pay using a credit card for added protection (that way you choose to ignore an uncooperative seller and lodge a claim directly with the card company).

In regards to the seller you linked to, a hotmail email address and no VAT/Company number listed doesn't make it look very impressive.

The address appears to be some sort of lock-up/workshop unit, as opposed to a retail shop.

Call them and confirm what they will/will not do if any of the parts arrive damaged/bits are missing from the order.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 10th May 2012

only if it was used

Banned

Weird you should bring this topic up because one of my hobbies is to buy second hand mattresses and sniff them

Original Poster

oopslala

i bought my memory foam mattress about 3 years ago. with 10 years … i bought my memory foam mattress about 3 years ago. with 10 years warranty ...serving brilliant high streets were selling for more then double price what i paid!!

do you still remember the shop on ebay or person you bought it from

Original Poster

I v managed to find something that maybe what I am looking for here:
BUCKINGHAM DOUBLE 1000 POCKET SPRUNG DIVAN BED FREE P&P

How would you compare the above to the rest assured Royal Ortho 1000 divan bed sold by tesco, argos etc ???
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions