Groups

would you do this? (nothing exciting)

I have seen a lovely house for sale but i'm not in a position to buy at the moment. Its been up for sale since 13th Aug 2010 and I'm just thinking would it be worth putting a letter through the door expressing an interest to rent? Also how would I gage what a reasonable rent would be?

Cheers

37 Comments

No harm in trying............but not really been on the market that long!

Original Poster

bossyboots - Oct 25, 2010 17:29No harm in trying............but not really been on the market that long!

I know but I want it
    Edited by: "michelleleemoo" 25th Oct 2010

Banned

if its empty why not just start squatting in it?

I wouldn't do it, as they may say "Yes" just to get some money in while the house is still up for sale.
    In a few months time, they could require you to leave at the end of the fixed term, once they've secured a sale
    Edited by: "thesaint" 25th Oct 2010

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

if its empty why not just start squatting in it?

excellent idea

next!

could always give it a try but obviously you are going to have to pay more than the monthly mortgage on the property for it to be worth anyone renting it to you so its actually more economical to buy it if there is any way you can swing the deal.also depends on the financial circumstances of the current owners whether they could rent it and still get another mortgage for elsewhere.

Original Poster

thesaint

I wouldn't do it, as they may say "Yes" just to get some money in while … I wouldn't do it, as they may say "Yes" just to get some money in while the house is still up for sale.In a few months time, they could require you to leave at the end of the fixed term.

well I would only move in with a minimum of 1 yr tenancy, but thanks for the concern

I think if it had been on market for an awful long time then yeah maybe consider it...............but - and this is just my personal opinion - If I was selling my house and it was taking a bit of time to do so, I honestly wouldnt ever consider renting it out.

But what harm is it going to do to pop a letter through their door - who know's you could be helping them out

Original Poster

barky

could always give it a try but obviously you are going to have to pay … could always give it a try but obviously you are going to have to pay more than the monthly mortgage on the property for it to be worth anyone renting it to you so its actually more economical to buy it if there is any way you can swing the deal.also depends on the financial circumstances of the current owners whether they could rent it and still get another mortgage for elsewhere.

well they bought it for a quick buck I reckon
    First listed on Zoopla
    £139,950 on 13th Aug 2010

Last sale
    £90,000 on 6th Nov 2009

so, anyone want to shack up with me

Is the house empty? If it is then I would ask. But if people still living there, then guessing that they would need to sell to buy else where or if elderly to pay care home fee's. However nothing to lose by asking.

Original Poster

bossyboots

I think if it had been on market for an awful long time then yeah maybe … I think if it had been on market for an awful long time then yeah maybe consider it...............but - and this is just my personal opinion - If I was selling my house and it was taking a bit of time to do so, I honestly wouldnt ever consider renting it out.But what harm is it going to do to pop a letter through their door - who know's you could be helping them out

good job i'm not selling, I'd have to take my impatient pants off

Original Poster

Shellywelly

Is the house empty? If it is then I would ask. But if people still living … Is the house empty? If it is then I would ask. But if people still living there, then guessing that they would need to sell to buy else where or if elderly to pay care home fee's. However nothing to lose by asking.

its empty, I might just go for it

michelleleemoo

well they bought it for a quick buck I reckonFirst listed on … well they bought it for a quick buck I reckonFirst listed on Zoopla£139,950 on 13th Aug 2010 Last sale£90,000 on 6th Nov 2009 so, anyone want to shack up with me

nice profit if they get it! could always make them a lowball offer? you never know their circumstances-maybe worth a try?

michelleleemoo

well they bought it for a quick buck I reckonFirst listed on … well they bought it for a quick buck I reckonFirst listed on Zoopla£139,950 on 13th Aug 2010 Last sale£90,000 on 6th Nov 2009 so, anyone want to shack up with me

If that is the case - then they will definitely want their profit - I would! We have been considering selling this house we are in as a house up the hills is coming on the market and I want it!

Is buying it definitely out of the question for you?

Original Poster

bossyboots

If that is the case - then they will definitely want their profit - I … If that is the case - then they will definitely want their profit - I would! We have been considering selling this house we are in as a house up the hills is coming on the market and I want it! Is buying it definitely out of the question for you?

sadly yes, they're being a bit greedy though, they previously had it up with another agent for a short while for 129k, guess i'll have to forget about it *sob*

Supermod

thesaint

I wouldn't do it, as they may say "Yes" just to get some money in while … I wouldn't do it, as they may say "Yes" just to get some money in while the house is still up for sale.In a few months time, they could require you to leave at the end of the fixed term, once they've secured a sale

Some good advice here Moo.

Depends how "settled" you want to be though.

pee through the letter box......stink it out and then put in a lowball offer

Original Poster

choc1969

pee through the letter box......stink it out and then put in a lowball … pee through the letter box......stink it out and then put in a lowball offer

can I use yr shewee

michelleleemoo

can I use yr shewee

yea.....i'll rinse it out and pop it in the post

Original Poster

choc1969

dirty cow

choc1969

is that the one I lent you

I got it from ILP.............dont know who lent it to her though
    Edited by: "bossyboots" 25th Oct 2010

bossyboots

is that the one I lent you I got it from ILP.............dont know who … is that the one I lent you I got it from ILP.............dont know who lent it to her though

I did !!!..........eeewww, its done its rounds !!............lol, musnt half ' pen n ink ' now !!.....X)

I could buy it and rent it to you, however.it would mean..............

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/5/128939677217513965.jpg

shopstilldrops

I did !!!..........eeewww, its done its rounds !!............lol, musnt … I did !!!..........eeewww, its done its rounds !!............lol, musnt half ' pen n ink ' now !!.....X)

Alright i'll put it through the dishwasher

You women are hard to please.......whats a shared urinary infection between friends

Banned

Who will pay the rent?

Banned

bossyboots

Well I would imagine that as MM is employed she will be paying her own … Well I would imagine that as MM is employed she will be paying her own rent

Can MM not answer in her OWN thread? oO

DLM

Who will pay the rent?

I assume that moo will seeing as she works

bitseylango

I assume that moo will seeing as she works

I just posted exact same thing but it magically disappeared

bossyboots

I just posted exact same thing but it magically disappeared

arrrrrh but did you put a smiley at the end?

Original Poster

DLM

Who will pay the rent?

are you having a fricking laugh, go and take yr sanctimonious crap elsewhere dlm! or better still take yr head out yr **** and give it an airing

xoxo

Original Poster

oh and see you when you pop back in after reporting me

more hugs

Banned

You should put a new kitchen in it moo! X) Will make it much more desirable.

Original Poster

guv

You should put a new kitchen in it moo! X) Will make it much more … You should put a new kitchen in it moo! X) Will make it much more desirable.

its just been renovated so all nice and swish

Banned

michelleleemoo

OK... get a new remote controlled gas fire then!

guv

You should put a new kitchen in it moo! X) Will make it much more … You should put a new kitchen in it moo! X) Will make it much more desirable.

michelleleemoo

She hasn't even posted the letter and already you are trying to get her to renovate it. Are you getting it up to a standard suitable for you to move in

Banned

trog0

She hasn't even posted the letter and already you are trying to get her … She hasn't even posted the letter and already you are trying to get her to renovate it. Are you getting it up to a standard suitable for you to move in

The house is north of the watford Gap. It could never be suitable. X)

guv

The house is north of the watford Gap. It could never be suitable. X)

Yeah I forgot, too cold for southerners
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2368
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1826
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826369
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710950

See more discussions