Groups

Would you ever....?

Get a tattoo?

My husband has some lovely tats. He has celtic designs, our children's names across his chest and a dragon that curls around his arm that he's had since he was a teen!

I'd love to do it, but I'm such a woose!

Do you have a tat? If not, would you consider getting one? What would you get?

Wish I could get a small one to surprise him!

116 Comments

i want a star (or somthing, would like a tattoo to symbolise something) putting on the back of my neck but im a wuss too!!!!

i might get a butterfly or the wordr princess with a crown as the . above the i on my hip, but nothing big

Original Poster

I love stars too!

I've considered getting five little stars on my wrist, one for each of my children.

Original Poster

Glitzybabe;4386228

i might get a butterfly or the wordr princess with a crown as the . above … i might get a butterfly or the wordr princess with a crown as the . above the i on my hip, but nothing big

I always think.. hmm but what would it symbolise?

It scares me that its going to be there forever and when I'm 86 or summin it may have stretched to twice the size! :giggle:

Admin

I've got a scorpion across the base of my back, it's quite big- I'd love to say it didn't hurt but that'd be a lie
    It hurt, took a long time and I was glad when it was over.. still, I'd get another one

ClarityofMind;4386236

I love stars too!I've considered getting five little stars on my wrist, … I love stars too!I've considered getting five little stars on my wrist, one for each of my children.

yeah i like them ideas...little things to symbolise people/things...but i dont have children, so the main people in my life are the parents and my brother...and i would feel nasty leaving the rest of the family out so i would end up with a whole solar system!!!!...i like tattoos on the back of the neck cos i have long hair so i could hide it most of the time...still dont want one THAT much though!!!

I have a small black panther on my shoulder.......wished I hadn't bothered though tbh. Doesn't reeeeally bother me, as being on my back I forget it's there but I really want one with my kids names on now. My hubby as the kids names on his arms and my name on his chest :thumbsup:

No. No. No. N/A

...reminds me, i once knew a lass whose mum had little stars on her ankle for her kids...and when she got it done she got all the kids (4) to choose a colour...and had them done in the colours, so they each knew exactly which one was whos...a cool idea but looked a bit tacky because they all chose such random colours

i have this in the same place as anastasia

http://www.eviltattoo.com/celeb/anastasia1.jpg

Original Poster

lil_tiger;4386259

yeah i like them ideas...little things to symbolise people/things...but i … yeah i like them ideas...little things to symbolise people/things...but i dont have children, so the main people in my life are the parents and my brother...and i would feel nasty leaving the rest of the family out so i would end up with a whole solar system!!!!...i like tattoos on the back of the neck cos i have long hair so i could hide it most of the time...still dont want one THAT much though!!!

LOL! I can imagine the whole solar system thing! :giggle:

Original Poster

lyndsbowes;4386280

i have this in the same place as anastasia

oooh lynds you're really brave getting that done, it must have hurt!

Was your husband supportive about you getting it done?

Also, I think I'd feel much happier if I could find a good *female* tattooist. Would feel way more comfortable sitting there chatting as she did it.

I have an angel on my shoulder watching over me. I had it done 7 years ago as soon as my ex left me. I had always wanted a tattoo, but he refused to let me get one unless I put his name under it. Although I loved him, I never wanted to do that. He had a heart on his arm with my name on. When we split up, he went on holiday and a girl asked him who Chryssie was, and he told her it was his dead sister (and bragged about that to me after) Anyway, he's since had in covered up with a big celtic sun which looks wierd. He's not even into celtic stuff, he just wanted a big black tattoo to cover my name!! Mind you, hes a complete idiot when it comes to tattoos, he loved chinese symbols and wanted a letter p as thats what his name began with, but he didnt like the shape of the chinese letter p, and got an f, but told everyone it was a p!! He also passed out when he had his tattoos done (I know, I know, you're wondering why I ever went with him in the first place!), but when I had mine done, even though it bled a little while having it done, it really didnt hurt. It was a real buzz (if you'll pardon the pun!)
    I really want another tattoo. It was my 30th birthday a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to celebrate by getting a tattoo, with something to do with my boys, and their names. I really wanted one on my lower back, but I heard someone calling a lower back tattoo a "tramp stamp" the other day, so now Im not so sure!!!
    I was looking at loads of tattoo sites for inspiration, but I still dont know what I want. I wanna make sure it's something that I really like, or obviously Im gonna regret it.
    I've looked at a site called johnnytattoo, but got no inspiration there.... so now im stuck!! (any help!!?) I dont like devils or paw prints, not that keen on flowers or wavy celtic stuff and it seems a bit silly to get hebrew/chinese/another language when Im not bilingual and I could be getting "you are an ****" tattooed on me for eternity!!

I would like one but is there anything left that is a bit different? Everytime I see something I fancy it usually turns out to be commonplace eg - fancied one on the side of the hand but theyre everywhere now. Dont know what to do.

ClarityofMind;4386326

oooh lynds you're really brave getting that done, it must have hurt! Was … oooh lynds you're really brave getting that done, it must have hurt! Was your husband supportive about you getting it done?Also, I think I'd feel much happier if I could find a good *female* tattooist. Would feel way more comfortable sitting there chatting as she did it.

i'm not gonna lie, it was VERY painful..... could feel the needle bouncing off my bones but the tattooist told me it was coz i was skinny that it hurt so much..... my hubby bought it for a bday prezzie for me and sat and held my hand all the way thru it which i nearly broke from squeezing so hard :lol:

Thats true, the bonier place you have it, the more it hurts.... and black hurts more than colours.... apparently (I was told that I have a high pain threshold)

ooo just thinking i would love paw prints (as dogs mean the world to me) once caw a tv program (miami ink) where a father got the handpring of his kid on his heart which i thought was soooo cute...perhaps when i got a dog i would be daft enough to actually get its real pawprint one lol!

ps...thinking that getting a tattoo could be an excuse for eating chocolates!!!! "i know im a bit bigger hunny...but i need the padding for the tattoo!"...lol

Original Poster

hannah19790;4386262

I have a small black panther on my shoulder.......wished I hadn't … I have a small black panther on my shoulder.......wished I hadn't bothered though tbh. Doesn't reeeeally bother me, as being on my back I forget it's there but I really want one with my kids names on now. My hubby as the kids names on his arms and my name on his chest :thumbsup:

My hubby wanted my name done with the kids on his chest but I was feeling peeved with him at the time so I wouldn't let him. He had the names done so big I knew my name probably wouldnt fit too! Such a permanent thing to do! It was scary, really for me when he did it! So instead he had a small picture of me done ( it's a little rude! ) but it looks really pretty, I was more comfortable with that. :roll:

Original Poster

lil_tiger;4386368

ooo just thinking i would love paw prints (as dogs mean the world to me) … ooo just thinking i would love paw prints (as dogs mean the world to me) once caw a tv program (miami ink) where a father got the handpring of his kid on his heart which i thought was soooo cute...perhaps when i got a dog i would be daft enough to actually get its real pawprint one lol!

aww handprints and pawprints look cute too.

We have the handprints and footprints of our baby who died, stored on paper. My husband wanted me to allow him to have the handprint on his skin but I thought it would upset me every time i looked at it so I said no.

ClarityofMind;4386388

aww handprints and pawprints look cute too. We have the handprints and … aww handprints and pawprints look cute too. We have the handprints and footprints of our baby who died, stored on paper. My husband wanted me to allow him to have the handprint on his skin but I thought it would upset me every time i looked at it so I said no.

That's really sad, :friends: so sorry

Original Poster

lyndsbowes;4386352

i'm not gonna lie, it was VERY painful..... could feel the needle … i'm not gonna lie, it was VERY painful..... could feel the needle bouncing off my bones but the tattooist told me it was coz i was skinny that it hurt so much..... my hubby bought it for a bday prezzie for me and sat and held my hand all the way thru it which i nearly broke from squeezing so hard :lol:

awwww, I'm glad your hubby was there with you. I bet he loves looking at it, lynds

ClarityofMind;4386388

aww handprints and pawprints look cute too. We have the handprints and … aww handprints and pawprints look cute too. We have the handprints and footprints of our baby who died, stored on paper. My husband wanted me to allow him to have the handprint on his skin but I thought it would upset me every time i looked at it so I said no.

awww like i say the episode where the fella had it done looked amazing! but its understandable what you said...fair enough its a nice thought but its also a reminder

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;4386258

I've got a scorpion across the base of my back, it's quite big- I'd love … I've got a scorpion across the base of my back, it's quite big- I'd love to say it didn't hurt but that'd be a lie :pIt hurt, took a long time and I was glad when it was over.. still, I'd get another one

I've considered getting a scorpion too as it's my star sign! :-D

I wouldn't dare get anything too big as I'm so feeble when it comes to pain! :giggle:

you musta been so brave to get that done!!

Original Poster

chryssie;4386402

That's really sad, :friends: so sorry

aww thank you. it's okay.

He meant it as a nice thing, to honour the baby and as a reminder for always, but we all have to deal with our grief the best we can, and i couldn't have let him do that at the time, I had to struggle to keep it together the whole time. Maybe one day, I will be able to.

Chrissie my other quarter calls mine on my back a tramp stamp but it gives him something to focus on bless;-)

I had a butterfly on my thigh when I was young and because I didnt sit still it was a mess, made me convinced to get a nice one. Got a large trailing vine across my back with little hearts on and I love it, more than made up for the rubbish one (although I have had it done over again and its still a mess) I think as long as your certain of what you want and where then go for it otherwise you might regret it.

As I said, I'd really like my boys names on me, but I also want room to add another incase I ever have another baby, but I wouldn't want the extra name to look like an after thought (I've seen some really nice tattoos with kids names and then they've had another child and their name is just scrawled underneath)

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;4386447

Chrissie my other quarter calls mine on my back a tramp stamp but it … Chrissie my other quarter calls mine on my back a tramp stamp but it gives him something to focus on bless;-) I had a butterfly on my thigh when I was young and because I didnt sit still it was a mess, made me convinced to get a nice one. Got a large trailing vine across my back with little hearts on and I love it, more than made up for the rubbish one (although I have had it done over again and its still a mess) I think as long as your certain of what you want and where then go for it otherwise you might regret it.

The trailing vine sounds absolutely breathtaking.

At one of my daughter's birthday parties we had this lady who does face paints come round to do all the children and as they were a little older instead of doing their faces she did vines and flowers down their arms and shoulders etc. She was REALLY good and they looked *gorgeous*. If I was brave enough I would get something like that tattooed!

( Next time he calls it a tramp stamp tell him how lucky he is to have a tramp in the bedroom lol :giggle: )

Did you look at any websites michelle?

they don't sound lovely so no.

ClarityofMind;4386489

( Next time he calls it a tramp stamp tell him how lucky he is to have a … ( Next time he calls it a tramp stamp tell him how lucky he is to have a tramp in the bedroom lol :giggle: )

Lol!!! :thumbsup:

I reccommend you start with something simple, like this:

http://www.capohedz.com/typebrighter/uploaded_images/tattoo-2004-067b-716138.jpg

I have four, can't seem to stop lol. Went for my first and he warned me they were addictive but I didn't believe him and told him he'd never see me again!
    My first was a black sun on the bottom of my back, then I went back for a black squiggly shape on my ankle.
    I've since had four stars tattooed on my foot and some chinese symbols going down my spine.
    Wouldn't say it hurt that much, wouldn't have kept going back if it did lol. Still fancy another though...

Original Poster

chryssie;4386471

As I said, I'd really like my boys names on me, but I also want room to … As I said, I'd really like my boys names on me, but I also want room to add another incase I ever have another baby, but I wouldn't want the extra name to look like an after thought (I've seen some really nice tattoos with kids names and then they've had another child and their name is just scrawled underneath)

I worry about that too! My husband has no chest space left! :giggle:

I don't think we'd be lucky enough to have any more babies anyway. It's been three years since our last one was born and I've had two miscarriages but no more successful pregnancies. I've told him once I am 40 I'm going to take two bricks to his.... :-D

Looks great, sure I wouldnt scare all the kids at the nursery I work at. In fact, as an activity, they could colour in all the skin that's left

Original Poster

Trickyjabs;4386509

I reccommend you start with something simple, like this:LOL, he shows … I reccommend you start with something simple, like this:LOL, he shows loyalty to his passion and determination eh? ( gosh that must have hurt! )

ClarityofMind;4386523

I worry about that too! My husband has no chest space left! :giggle:I … I worry about that too! My husband has no chest space left! :giggle:I don't think we'd be lucky enough to have any more babies anyway. It's been three years since our last one was born and I've had two miscarriages but no more successful pregnancies. I've told him once I am 40 I'm going to take two bricks to his.... :-D

That's hard, especially with loosing your other baby. But never say never....
    I've been single for 6 years (so not exactly in a stable baby making situation!), but you never know what's gonna happen

Original Poster

spider1986;4386519

I have four, can't seem to stop lol. Went for my first and he warned me … I have four, can't seem to stop lol. Went for my first and he warned me they were addictive but I didn't believe him and told him he'd never see me again!My first was a black sun on the bottom of my back, then I went back for a black squiggly shape on my ankle.I've since had four stars tattooed on my foot and some chinese symbols going down my spine.Wouldn't say it hurt that much, wouldn't have kept going back if it did lol. Still fancy another though...

I bet they look gorgeous honey x x

Original Poster

chryssie;4386559

That's hard, especially with loosing your other baby. But never say … That's hard, especially with loosing your other baby. But never say never....I've been single for 6 years (so not exactly in a stable baby making situation!), but you never know what's gonna happen

Yes, you never know! Thank you for your support.

Here's hoping this will be a wonderful year for you

Oh, I'm going to add rep to everyone :-D

chryssie;4386494

Did you look at any websites michelle?

No, to tell the truth my friend and my ma wanted a tattoo and as I like a laugh I decided to go with them. I was giving it the big one in the place saying if I were to have one done Id have (the one I chose) across my back. Well they both said they'd pay (my birthday was coming up). Cant be a big gob and back out (not pressured as I loved the design) Must admit I went green, pal had to go buy coke for me! (coca cola that is!)

Is that a pic of your tattoo michelle? try again!? (dying to see!)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3051070
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764578
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1832
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1939

See more discussions