Groups

Would you ever bet on a fight ever again?

After david haye said on sky that he bet alot of money on which round he would take out aforce.He had the opportunity earlier but because he bet on round 3 and his friends and family did the same he waited until then.

14 Comments

Surely Haye isn't allowed to bet on his own fight is he?

greg_68

Surely Haye isn't allowed to bet on his own fight is he?

Yep, boxers can. They can't bet against themselves though.

Banned

I found this to be very wrong. Surely it's the same as the Pakistani cricket players "cheating" by throwing no balls in a particular over. They aren't throwing the game/fight but they are deliberately affecting aspects for the sake of money.

So next time when he says he'll knock him out, you bet on what round he says

Agreed it's just mad, although next time use it to your advantage and if he says the 3rd, back the 3rd.

Although his next fight he'll be lucky to last till then maybe.

Absolute shambles of a fight... would of been well hacked off if i had paid for this one !

Squelds

Absolute shambles of a fight... would of been well hacked off if i had … Absolute shambles of a fight... would of been well hacked off if i had paid for this one !

you sound surprised,wasn't audley harrison involved? he's always had the ability of talking a good fight.

Original Poster

the point is when he said that he bet on the round After the fight which was 20/1 odds and he supposedly had £100,000 on it.He should be able to bet on himself but he should have to help the general public this information.Otherwise this will kill the spread betting overnight on boxing.

I have a tip for you.
    If his next fight is against one of the Klitschko brothers... DO NOT BET ON HAYE as he will get wiped all over the floor!!

You cannot compare the Audley 'fight' against a fight with either of the Klitschko brothers!

Banned

You cannot compare the Audley 'fight' against a fight with either of the … You cannot compare the Audley 'fight' against a fight with either of the Klitschko brothers!

will he fight them at the same time?

toshapetriji

I'd put a bet on that

totally agree if he fought a Klitschko he would get a beating but seems nowadays boxing is engineered to stoip these kinda of fights happening heavyweight boxing is getting very boring

Can't really believe people fell for the hype around this fight, it was a total joke from the minute it was announced, but fair play to the promoters they really fired this one up out of nothing really. Fights like this though are just exploiting and conning the fight fan who is generally starved of any live tv action due to the US start times and therefore know there is a hardcore of fight fans who will always pay for it. Suprised there as many as there seem to be though.

If the Pacquaioouaoiioa (sp) had been on at the same time no one would have watched this fight.

Edited by: "greg_68" 14th Nov 2010

toshapetriji

Did I say he would fight them at the same time? One at a time would be hard enough...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?612
      2. Biscuit addiction1435
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband89
      4. Any solicitors? Leasehold covenant Query "business use"22

See more discussions