Groups

would you go and visit a physic?

Please only sensible answers and advise .

I want to ask anyone in the London area of they can recommend a tarot card reader/ medium ? With good reviews .

Now l know many of you don't believe in this sort of thing but l think there are genuine ones out there obviously loads of fakes so need some opinions .

Seriously though please helpful comments only as l feel the need to go and see one at this point in my life for various personal reasons . X

64 Comments

Why do you want to go and see one

Personally I wouldn't. I think just by hearing what they say you will then willingly change your own future which could create the circumstance they said or mean it never happens. They could say something awful so you live your life in fear or avoiding certain things. The way I see it is, if it's the future it'll happen regardless, what good does knowing do?

You asked for sensible answers and advise only....

There are NO genuine psychics. Only charlatans who extort money from the vulnerable. Although some people find comfort in hearing what they have to say, they're only telling you what you want to hear.
    This is a money saving forum. Save your money

If they were that Psychic then the world would be full of millionaires and they would probably come to you.!.

shauneco

If they were that Psychic then the world would be full of millionaires … If they were that Psychic then the world would be full of millionaires and they would probably come to you.!.

​I knew you'd say that.

You get what you want from the experience. After all it's basically chatting to a type of mentalist with heightened empathy. After all you're after the experience and not relying on it for hard facts, it's just for fun

Why would you go to one for personal problems when it would be better to speaker to a counselor ?

kester76

You get what you want from the experience. After all it's basically … You get what you want from the experience. After all it's basically chatting to a type of mentalist with heightened empathy. After all you're after the experience and not relying on it for hard facts, it's just for fun Why would you go to one for personal problems when it would be better to speaker to a counselor ?

​I agree with everything you say, apart from them having 'hightened empathy'.
    They take money from vulnerable people, using nothing more than Barnum statements and cold readings.
    That isn't empathy.
    Its fraud of the most despicable kind, and I cant believe that in this day and age, it isn't punishable.

Con artists praying on the weak.

craigstephens

​I agree with everything you say, apart from them having 'hightened e … ​I agree with everything you say, apart from them having 'hightened empathy'.They take money from vulnerable people, using nothing more than Barnum statements and cold readings. That isn't empathy.Its fraud of the most despicable kind, and I cant believe that in this day and age, it isn't punishable.

You could say the same about most religions. You get what you pay for, no different to signing away your life saving to some cult in the attempt to get a better seat in the afterlife. I guess sometimes people just need someone to tell them it's ok to let go. I agree that if the person isn't in their right mind then they could be taken advantage of but that is the same as old people buying out QVC etc.

Real answer is find your local spiritualist church and attend a service there, there are many in the London area, google it. At a service you may get a free reading for paying a small donation of around £5 ish - varies per place. If you dont get a free reading they will be able to guide you further on who to contact or attend one of their other services. Dont go paying stupid money for readings I set the limit at £15 for a 30 min private reading. You really need to think what kind of answer you are looking for and then seek out that type of reader. A medium gives messages from the afterlife, a psychic is able to pick up on your own thoughts and behaviour. There are many other sort of readers available like tarot cards. Research a bit, plenty of info on the internet. I sometimes give people readings myself but I have to have no stress and I have never charged but I dont do it for an income.
    Edited by: "googley2" 27th Sep 2016

Like asking if someone believes in dragons (fire-breathing, not bearded or Komodo)
    Edited by: "Fangface74" 27th Sep 2016

benjammin316

Con artists praying on the weak.

​Rather ironically you misspelling of the word prey brings that other bunch of charlatans into the conversation, the church. They have no more evidence of their belief than psychics and spiritualists. They also take money and prey on the weak who are convinced to believe in something they know cannot logically be true. So wherever someone finds comfort whether it's a psychic or a priest, none of us can condemn one without inferring them all.
    Try a Spiritualist church, who combine the two, at least they only charge a contribution.

They would know you were on your way

googley2

Real answer is find your local spiritualist church and attend a service … Real answer is find your local spiritualist church and attend a service there, there are many in the London area, google it. At a service you may get a free reading for paying a small donation of around £5 ish - varies per place. If you dont get a free reading they will be able to guide you further on who to contact or attend one of their other services. Dont go paying stupid money for readings I set the limit at £15 for a 30 min private reading. You really need to think what kind of answer you are looking for and then seek out that type of reader. A medium gives messages from the afterlife, a psychic is able to pick up on your own thoughts and behaviour. There are many other sort of readers available like tarot cards. Research a bit, plenty of info on the internet. I sometimes give people readings myself but I have to have no stress and I have never charged but I dont do it for an income.

​Thats a real answer? Do you people spout this crap so often that you actually start to believe it yourselves?

OP, if you're grieving, go see your GP or a counsellor. If you're depressed, go see your GP or a counsellor. If you're having relationship problems, go see your GP or a counsellor. What ever it is, go see your GP or a counsellor.
    Do not got to a clairvoyant, medium, psychic or any other type of fraudulent scum.
    They should be, and probably deep down inside are, ashamed of themselves.

​Thats a real answer? Do you people spout this rubbish so often that you actually start to believe it yourselves?

OP, if you're grieving, go see your GP or a counsellor. If you're depressed, go see your GP or a counsellor. If you're having relationship problems, go see your GP or a counsellor. What ever it is, go see your GP or a counsellor.
    Do not got to a clairvoyant, medium, psychic or any other type of fraudulent scum.
    They should be, and probably deep down inside are, ashamed of themselves

I went to one last month- the stuff they told a friend was uncanny. There is no way they could have know some of the stuff they brought up. It was so accurate. However I agree they are not all genuine some are very vague and make statements that are very general and therefore unhelpful .
    I'm not in London so can't help with a Reccomendation but good luck

simba1981

I went to one last month- the stuff they told a friend was uncanny. There … I went to one last month- the stuff they told a friend was uncanny. There is no way they could have know some of the stuff they brought up. It was so accurate. However I agree they are not all genuine some are very vague and make statements that are very general and therefore unhelpful . I'm not in London so can't help with a Reccomendation but good luck

​Oh dear.

I'll probably get a ban for saying this, but if you believe in any of this, you're probably a bit thick.

Fangface74

Like asking if someone believes in dragons (fire-breathing, not bearded … Like asking if someone believes in dragons (fire-breathing, not bearded or Komodo)

​Falkor is the biz

craigstephens

I'll probably get a ban for saying this, but if you believe in any of … I'll probably get a ban for saying this, but if you believe in any of this, you're probably a bit thick.

​Thick is extremely harsh. More like gullible.

craigstephens

I'll probably get a ban for saying this, but if you believe in any of … I'll probably get a ban for saying this, but if you believe in any of this, you're probably a bit thick.

​I wonder, do you think anyone who is religious is equally thick for believing? After all, it's just as "unbelievable".

i went to one once they didn't know who is was i left

Is that you Sam?

Haliviel

​I wonder, do you think anyone who is religious is equally thick for b … ​I wonder, do you think anyone who is religious is equally thick for believing? After all, it's just as "unbelievable".

​In all honesty, yes. Most religions believe their god is the only one, and their version of 'creation' is infallible. They can't all be right. But they can all be wrong.

Elise211

l think there are genuine ones .

Everytime I read something like this I die a little inside.

You are the product of billions of years worth of evolution, please act like it.

They're mad for them up this way. They pay £30 for a 20 minute reading.
    I wish I had the front to con vulnerable people out of their cash because I'd make a fortune around here.

Easy. No, it's all ****.

I used to be a medium, more of a large these days unfortunately!

Haliviel

​I wonder, do you think anyone who is religious is equally thick for b … ​I wonder, do you think anyone who is religious is equally thick for believing? After all, it's just as "unbelievable".

yes because there is no god or any other higher being. if there is a god who created him?

googley2

Real answer is find your local spiritualist church and attend a service … Real answer is find your local spiritualist church and attend a service there, there are many in the London area, google it. At a service you may get a free reading for paying a small donation of around £5 ish - varies per place. If you dont get a free reading they will be able to guide you further on who to contact or attend one of their other services. Dont go paying stupid money for readings I set the limit at £15 for a 30 min private reading. You really need to think what kind of answer you are looking for and then seek out that type of reader. A medium gives messages from the afterlife, a psychic is able to pick up on your own thoughts and behaviour. There are many other sort of readers available like tarot cards. Research a bit, plenty of info on the internet. I sometimes give people readings myself but I have to have no stress and I have never charged but I dont do it for an income.

​>Free reading

>£5 donation

Pick one.

No I wouldn't visit someone who is either delusional or committing fraud to tell me storys than asks to get paid at the end.

ibblackberry1

No I wouldn't visit someone who is either delusional or committing fraud … No I wouldn't visit someone who is either delusional or committing fraud to tell me storys than asks to get paid at the end.

​I think you pay upfront

I would like to think that genuine ones exist as i am sure lots of people want to see their future and speak to loved ones who have passed away.

Unfortunately i don't think it is possible and are just fantasy and unfounded hope. Whatever you are looking for, you will have to do it another way.

In my mind, anything can be a con. Labelling one specific industry as a con over others is a little naïve.

In life the experience is King, and whether you find that a positive experience or not decides whether something is beneficial to you, and of course as long as it doesn't effect you physically, financially too negatively then whether other people think it’s a waste of money or not is irrelevant.

Do I think it’s a con/waste of money? Yes, but that’s purely because I cannot gain any positive experience from it, and by the same token that throws religion in as being a ‘con’ to me, and various other things too but these things are also experiences that people are very happy to have which whilst I don't understand I wouldn't label them as "thick" for choosing to use their money in that way.

What I never understand is how people can label a service a ‘con’ or a waste of money because it's thought of as a rip off, lied to etc and yet they’ll throw money at other self-serving things and be oblivious to the fact that this can be a ‘waste of money’ too.

I don't believe genuine ones exist, I believe they're people extremely good at reading other people's behaviours, and attitudes and if you're looking to get something out of it you'll probably get exactly what you want, because that's exactly what they can see you want. If you need that in order to move on in life, give them your money and if people think you're stupid remind them that people throw money at alcohol for an hour or so of 'feeling' something that is artificial too and even if it's built on a myth your motivation hopefully has a positive longer lasting feeling.

Edited by: "Gynx" 28th Sep 2016

I was just going to suggest this too. I went to a spiritualist church a few years back and it freaked me out a bit but in a good way. They were very accurate, even down to telling me who I worked for :-)

googley2

My Mum had one done, I found out one day after getting to the end of music on a cassette tape and hearing about 30 minutes of quiet talking - she'd obviously recorded it on the sly.

Full of general statements and wide-reaching analogies that you could apply to a vast array of scenarios.

You're basically paying someone to tell you what you want to hear. You'll already have some sort of expectation, and they'll home in on it and exploit it.

If you want someone to talk to, call the Samaritans instead. 116 123. It's free.

dkl_uk

My Mum had one done, I found out one day after getting to the end of … My Mum had one done, I found out one day after getting to the end of music on a cassette tape and hearing about 30 minutes of quiet talking - she'd obviously recorded it on the sly. Full of general statements and wide-reaching analogies that you could apply to a vast array of scenarios. You're basically paying someone to tell you what you want to hear. You'll already have some sort of expectation, and they'll home in on it and exploit it.If you want someone to talk to, call the Samaritans instead. 116 123. It's free.

I don't think the Samaritans provide the sixth sense kind of service....

I keep a open mind but the whole Ouija board crap I've tried and I never got a bite but then again the living don't want to talk to me half of the time so I can't really see the dead lining up
    Half these people are like psychics are crap but get spooked by ghosts ? Saluting magpies, touching wood and all of the rest of the OCD crap people do.

I did a ghost walk with my other half once but it doesn't mean I got scammed because ghosts don't exist. It was for fun
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?55
      3. iPhone x53
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?914

See more discussions