Would you go or not?

If you were given the option to go to Euro Disney with your children, but the only downfall was you having to go on your own with 3 children as DH couldnt get time off work, would you go or no?

Im really unsure what to do, He says go, but I have only ever been when I was kidless so not sure if I would be taking on too much.

61 Comments

how old are the children

I would go. The only downfall would be some rides that have height restrictions for younger ones,your older ones couldn't go on unless you were willing to que with them and then come off que when you seen the older ones on ride. Suppose depends on ages of your children for the ride restrictions.

Same ones who bit older won't want to go on younger children's rides but you can't let them go off by themselves.

Banned

Surely you need to decide for yourself if you could cope or not. can you cope at home with them well? do you have good control over them etc? if yes then im sure you will be fine. Europeans speak english extremely well to, so its not like you will be in a whole new world.

Original Poster

they are 2 but he will be nearly 3 by time I could go, then naerly 6 and 7.
2 eldest are more wise about staying close, Maybe as long as baby stays on Reins I should be ok.
With regards to rides I can put 2 eldest on together, and if little one can get on I will go with him.

Just feared about the crowds with 3 on my own really

Depend how you are getting there and how many nights you are stopping for. Going for the day would be a lot for one driver. Are you thinking of using the Sun deal.

Can you take a sister/mum/friend to come with you and help look after the children?
I guess it all depends on how old the are and if they are a bit of a handful as 3 children could be quite hard to keep an eye on, especially if they are different ages(& heights) and wanting to go on different rides.
However, it could be a fantastic holiday and one the children will always remember and things like that will stick in their minds forever which will be really special for you and them.

Nope, i would rather be at home waiting with a big xmas dinner for my partner. Xmas is about family if you dont have that you have nothing

Original Poster

DangerGod

Surely you need to decide for yourself if you could cope or not. can you … Surely you need to decide for yourself if you could cope or not. can you cope at home with them well? do you have good control over them etc? if yes then im sure you will be fine. Europeans speak english extremely well to, so its not like you will be in a whole new world.

Yes I have good control over them here, They know not to run off in public, Plus they also look after each other too as in the girls hold hands to stay together.
I think I will go for it, and maybe either learn a lesson to wait till hubby can get time off, or be pleased i took the risk!

If was me going in your position with the ages your children are I would go.

im sure you will be fine as you said the two oldest know to stay close and i would take a buggy for the youngest because they might get tired with all the walking when we went disney we took walkie talkies so if one wandered we could get in touch with them

Original Poster

gavjbrown

Depend how you are getting there and how many nights you are stopping … Depend how you are getting there and how many nights you are stopping for. Going for the day would be a lot for one driver. Are you thinking of using the Sun deal.

yes Sun deal, Wanted to take them for a long time. He says make use of the offer, but maybe its because of the 1 day that I know kids will be mega tired
sickly sweet

Can you take a sister/mum/friend to come with you and help look after the … Can you take a sister/mum/friend to come with you and help look after the children?I guess it all depends on how old the are and if they are a bit of a handful as 3 children could be quite hard to keep an eye on, especially if they are different ages(& heights) and wanting to go on different rides.However, it could be a fantastic holiday and one the children will always remember and things like that will stick in their minds forever which will be really special for you and them.

I may be able to get my sister to come, but that might not be possible due to her job, but I will ask her
Tinkytayls

Nope, i would rather be at home waiting with a big xmas dinner for my … Nope, i would rather be at home waiting with a big xmas dinner for my partner. Xmas is about family if you dont have that you have nothing

Not going at xmas time. I also will be waiting at home for my husband to cook my a nice big dinner, with my kids playing with toys! lol

oh well i completely read that wrong... would deffo go then

Original Poster

Mum2ConnornCerys

If was me going in your position with the ages your children are I would … If was me going in your position with the ages your children are I would go.

ttwcd

im sure you will be fine as you said the two oldest know to stay close … im sure you will be fine as you said the two oldest know to stay close and i would take a buggy for the youngest because they might get tired with all the walking when we went disney we took walkie talkies so if one wandered we could get in touch with them

Thank you both, Im going to risk it and go for it. I can see me coming back after the trip grey and stressed!

Original Poster

Tinkytayls

oh well i completely read that wrong... would deffo go then

lol no worries. x

I am getting stressed out just thinking about it!
You are brave, I definitely couldn't.
Have a nice time

Go for it then, just plan things well to avoid as many issues as possible and have a fantastic time.
They will loooooooove their really cool mummy for it
If your sister could go then that would be a bonus, and she will be the best Auntie ever.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28

Do be careful though they are still very young children. Easy to get lost … Do be careful though they are still very young children. Easy to get lost and distracted in those crowds and chances are you will have to leave the eldest 2 unsupervised at some point and they are still very young.Same ages as my eldest 3 ish and I wouldn't but good luck.

I do think if I go I would be happier knowing even the 2 eldest had wrist straps on, Would rather be safe than sorry.
If i knew 100% Sun would do this deal the year after, I would wait again. Hubby would come but has booked time off for our family holiday in May.

tinkerbell28

Do be careful though they are still very young children. Easy to get lost … Do be careful though they are still very young children. Easy to get lost and distracted in those crowds and chances are you will have to leave the eldest 2 unsupervised at some point and they are still very young.Same ages as my eldest 3 ish and I wouldn't but good luck.

Me neither - the thought of doing it myself with 2 young kids never mind 3 horrifies me. I don't think I could even take them to Blackpool without an extra pair of hands far less to another country.

How long are you going for OP and how would you be travelling? Even travelling with my 2 fills me with dread lol!

go and have a magical time

Banned

I'll go with you (_;)

As already mentioned,take a pushchair for sure,have a great time.

Parents who are single parents for whatever reasons still go to these places,can't not go just cos you managing on you own.

I'm going go Florida one in a year or so and that be just me and the 3 children.

Have a great time!

Original Poster

kaks26

Me neither - the thought of doing it myself with 2 young kids never mind … Me neither - the thought of doing it myself with 2 young kids never mind 3 horrifies me. I don't think I could even take them to Blackpool without an extra pair of hands far less to another country. How long are you going for OP and how would you be travelling? Even travelling with my 2 fills me with dread lol!

It would only be in the park for 1 day, Plus by ferry.

I am used to do a lot with the 3 on my own. I take them on days out on my own, I often do long journeys with the 3 in my car to my parents. I like the freedom with the 3 of them. But I do know some days they are all like little loonies and would be just my luck that would be the day! lol

Original Poster

mdynes

go and have a magical time

Thank you
DLM

I'll go with you (_;)

haha but no chickens!

Original Poster

Mum2ConnornCerys

As already mentioned,take a pushchair for sure,have a great time.Parents … As already mentioned,take a pushchair for sure,have a great time.Parents who are single parents for whatever reasons still go to these places,can't not go just cos you managing on you own.I'm going go Florida one in a year or so and that be just me and the 3 children.Have a great time!

True, See Im dreading doing to Tenerife for 7 days in May as a family of 5. But that is because of my husband not the kids! lol He will just use it as a drinking holiday and thats more stressful than 3 little ones So the thougth of Euro disney with just me and my 3 seems less stressful

Banned

beth3735

haha but no chickens!

My man will look after them

beth3735

It would only be in the park for 1 day, Plus by ferry.I am used to do a … It would only be in the park for 1 day, Plus by ferry.I am used to do a lot with the 3 on my own. I take them on days out on my own, I often do long journeys with the 3 in my car to my parents. I like the freedom with the 3 of them. But I do know some days they are all like little loonies and would be just my luck that would be the day! lol

Go for it then since you're so used to doing it yourself and more than capable - and have a great time!

Let us know you get on when you come back too.

+1 - I've been away with my 2 since they were both 'babies', Portugal, Spain,France and never had any problems at all. Treat it as a 'trial run'.

Banned

I'll come beth?

For me the problem would be the travelling time and being only one driver. The ferry times for the sun deal are pretty crap.

vibeone

I'll come beth?

You can't go, who would run the misc ? oO

Banned

Mum2ConnornCerys

I haz iPhone brah, don't worry.

On the down side, I am a sex pest.

Banned

Mum2ConnornCerys

ME

As per usual.

Hope you are well x x

Original Poster

vibeone

I haz iPhone brah, don't worry.On the down side, I am a sex pest.

haha so you would come, sit on iphone on HUKD all day and lose one of my kids haha!! But then again what deal did you bag while you were on here!

Banned

beth3735

haha so you would come, sit on iphone on HUKD all day and lose one of my … haha so you would come, sit on iphone on HUKD all day and lose one of my kids haha!! But then again what deal did you bag while you were on here!

100 pack of condoms.

DLM

MEAs per usual.Hope you are well x x

Yeh not too bad,hope your doing ok too. x

Original Poster

gavjbrown

For me the problem would be the travelling time and being only one … For me the problem would be the travelling time and being only one driver. The ferry times for the sun deal are pretty crap.

I think I have to wait till Tuesday or Wed to find out all the details, At least the kids could sleep in car, but yes maybe the journey on my own would be a nightmare, as I couldnt sleep not knowing what my kids were up to.

beth3735

haha so you would come, sit on iphone on HUKD all day and lose one of my … haha so you would come, sit on iphone on HUKD all day and lose one of my kids haha!! But then again what deal did you bag while you were on here!

The ques are crazy,you could be stood there and do a few 100 posts while you wait for ride if you not watching children.

Original Poster

vibeone

100 pack of condoms.

Bad deal! you can get them free!

Banned

DLM

Yeh not too bad,hope your doing ok too. x

I am fab, I go on holiday for a few days tomorrow x x
Edited by: "DLM" 13th Nov 2010

Banned

Basically I'd run the misk in the day, and be a sex pest outside that "club" near the mcdonalds... or in the hotel room. your choice.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846112
    2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2447
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764080
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2234

See more discussions