Would you guys say this is a good deal for a Samsung Note 8 contract?

Found 28th Nov 2017
£34 per month
£190 upfront cost

EE
25GB DATA
Unlimited Mins + Texts

Unsure whether to take the plunge and haven't got much knowledge about these things so you'll have to forgive the ignorance.

Thoughts?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Yeah thats a good deal
Original Poster
d3fult_75 m ago

Yeah thats a good deal

Thanks mate!
34x24 = 816 +190 upfront £1006,

cheapest I can find to buy phone 860. so the contract itself cost 146/24 so the contract its self costs 6£ish which is really good this would normally cost 15-20£ month However I feel the price 860£ for this phone to be overpriced

Ebay Refurbished Pristine musicmagpie, excellent warranty with them plus it be warranty with Samsung, 630£ which means 1006£ - 630 = 373£ for the sim deal which /24 months is 15£ which is about what you would pay for such sim in a lot offers,

So if you 100% know you want the note 8 and the s8+ is out of quesiton cause you must have the pen, and you must have 25GB data because you use lot of data then is this a great deal? its okay... its about right.

In my opinion it depends on the user but for me I would much rather not be stuck on such a high monthly payment, so many friends get into such debt cause of too many direct debits can eat them up, so for me I would prefer something like the Oneplus 5T 450£ upfront, then go on a 10£ month plan, normally can get around unlimited texts, 1000 minutes and 5gb data on deals all the time, plus your more flexible if you break your phone ect
Edited by: "Creatish" 28th Nov 2017
deleted192290
I'm just leaving the EE network. Having used O2 in the past, I found EE coverage much worse. But YMMV.
Original Poster
Creatish21 h, 32 m ago

34x24 = 816 +190 upfront £1006,cheapest I can find to buy phone 860. so …34x24 = 816 +190 upfront £1006,cheapest I can find to buy phone 860. so the contract itself cost 146/24 so the contract its self costs 6£ish which is really good this would normally cost 15-20£ month However I feel the price 860£ for this phone to be overpricedEbay Refurbished Pristine musicmagpie, excellent warranty with them plus it be warranty with Samsung, 630£ which means 1006£ - 630 = 373£ for the sim deal which /24 months is 15£ which is about what you would pay for such sim in a lot offers,So if you 100% know you want the note 8 and the s8+ is out of quesiton cause you must have the pen, and you must have 25GB data because you use lot of data then is this a great deal? its okay... its about right.In my opinion it depends on the user but for me I would much rather not be stuck on such a high monthly payment, so many friends get into such debt cause of too many direct debits can eat them up, so for me I would prefer something like the Oneplus 5T 450£ upfront, then go on a 10£ month plan, normally can get around unlimited texts, 1000 minutes and 5gb data on deals all the time, plus your more flexible if you break your phone ect

I see, thanks for that. The way I see it is the total cost for the 24 month contract will cost me £1006. But the cost of the phone is £850 through Samsung directly.

So in actuality: £1006 - £850 = £156 for the SIM itself. Which doesn't seem so bad.

Unless you can convince me otherwise? Really appreciate your input
Original Poster
deleted19229029th Nov 2017

I'm just leaving the EE network. Having used O2 in the past, I found EE …I'm just leaving the EE network. Having used O2 in the past, I found EE coverage much worse. But YMMV.

ah i guess its all about the area you reside in. Before switching to EE i was on O2 and had a bad experience with them. EE for me is great, I pretty much get fast internet everywhere.
staticthreat03 h, 0 m ago

I see, thanks for that. The way I see it is the total cost for the 24 …I see, thanks for that. The way I see it is the total cost for the 24 month contract will cost me £1006. But the cost of the phone is £850 through Samsung directly. So in actuality: £1006 - £850 = £156 for the SIM itself. Which doesn't seem so bad.Unless you can convince me otherwise? Really appreciate your input

yes thats correct but just cause 850£ from samsung does not mean its worth the 850£, What can the note do that the s8 plus can't? other then the pen which unless thats important then fair enough, if you love the pen then go for the note if you don't I would get the S8 Plus or the oneplus 5T then go on sim only, contracts also end up going up in price after 6 months too, so you say its 1006£ could end up being 1200£

have a look at these

oneplus.net/uk/5t
ebay.co.uk/itm…2Uu
Original Poster
Creatish13 m ago

yes thats correct but just cause 850£ from samsung does not mean its worth …yes thats correct but just cause 850£ from samsung does not mean its worth the 850£, What can the note do that the s8 plus can't? other then the pen which unless thats important then fair enough, if you love the pen then go for the note if you don't I would get the S8 Plus or the oneplus 5T then go on sim only, contracts also end up going up in price after 6 months too, so you say its 1006£ could end up being 1200£ have a look at thesehttps://oneplus.net/uk/5thttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S8-SM-G955F-64GB-Blue-Unlocked-Smartphone/152723564725?epid=235376499&hash=item238f08a8b5:g:zW0AAOSw3pFZz2Uu

I've done a lot of research in the last day or so, and like you said I've narrowed it down between the S8+ and the Note 8. I think personally, I want to go for the Note 8 as it'll be my first Android and some of the S-Pen features seem really useful.

The S8+ is great too, but with the lack of the S pen and less camera functionality, I'm more swayed toward the Note 8.

So now that you have a good idea of me and my interests, is the deal for the Note 8 that i've been offered worth it do you think? Or could I get it even cheaper?

My price is due to having friends + family discount with EE.

Again, thanks for your help.
staticthreat02 h, 25 m ago

I've done a lot of research in the last day or so, and like you said I've …I've done a lot of research in the last day or so, and like you said I've narrowed it down between the S8+ and the Note 8. I think personally, I want to go for the Note 8 as it'll be my first Android and some of the S-Pen features seem really useful.The S8+ is great too, but with the lack of the S pen and less camera functionality, I'm more swayed toward the Note 8.So now that you have a good idea of me and my interests, is the deal for the Note 8 that i've been offered worth it do you think? Or could I get it even cheaper?My price is due to having friends + family discount with EE.Again, thanks for your help.

I would say the deal is about right, I would not say its a deal persay, if you was getting this the day the phone came out then it would be good deal but its been 3 months now, I feel 850£ price at day 1 yeah, but 3 months later still 850£ naaaa, I can

I don't know many people who get functionality out of the spen for me its seems like a fad or something your won't really use, I dunno if i was paying full retail i would of wanted the phone when it came out day 1 :D,

Deal is about right, not great, not bad
S8+ In my opinion :P
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants