Would you pay £240 for 3G 8GB iphone thats 1 month old?

11 replies
Found 23rd Sep 2009
Been offered an iphone for £240 thats the 3G 8GB thats one month old. Just wanting to know if anyone thinks this is a good deal. Saw someone on here before who bought a £3G 16GB iphone for £260.

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
11 Comments

can you afford it? YES, do you want it? YES

go for it!

If you want it yes.

I personally would never buy one again.

Sounds quite good, unless you're planning to fill it with music I think 8gb is plenty of space. An 18 month contract normally works out very expensive and sim free handsets are certainly not cheap.

Do you know the seller, why are they getting rid of it?
Presume it is it cosmetically sound and has not been bricked?

I would if its quite new, I paid £260 for my 16GB 3G off Ebay,

Original Poster

It's for my wife. As you know what a woman wants she normally gets.
I've seen varying prices for these and this does seem relatively cheap (NOT) for an iphone all be it second hand.
I'd be meeting the seller face to face so no paypal or transferring money. He works close to my work but don't know him.
He is selling it as this was his upgrade but he has already bought a blackberry as wanted to try something other than the iphone. I trust the phone in good condition and will make sure its all good before I buy.
It's the cost of these things that concern me more!

Original Poster

jeanettethree;6371747

I would if its quite new, I paid £260 for my 16GB 3G off Ebay,

See thats the thing. For another £20 people are getting the 16GB of ebay but when I look they seem to be around the £300 mark for the 16GB

Johniemac;6371785

See thats the thing. For another £20 people are getting the 16GB of ebay … See thats the thing. For another £20 people are getting the 16GB of ebay but when I look they seem to be around the £300 mark for the 16GB

but a face to face deal is much better than on ebay?? i say go for it:thumbsup:

Good deal

Original Poster

OK. Thanks guys. think I'm gonna go for it.
Cheers

Original Poster

Adam2050;6371724

If you want it yes.I personally would never buy one again.

Why wouldnt you buy one again?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
you can get abrand new one for £149 anywhere, yes 3G, and have they even been out a month yet?
Just purchased 2 from tesco direct £148.88 or some other odd pence.
ahem what a spanner I am, thought you were buying ipod touch, i have them on the brain, ignore my stupid comment
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35140
    2. Leicester sack their manager!45
    3. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.66
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769208

See more discussions