Would you post to this eBay buyer?

Found 12th JunEdited by:"superfreddy"
I sold an item worth £50 to this user. They have 4 feedbacks, only 1 or 2 in the past 12 months, and their username is -

crba-cra-hzbpw7bd

I've sold to someone a few years ago with a random username like that and they were a scammer. The buyer has replied but refuses to send me a photo of something like a utility bill.

Should I just go ahead and post it?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
U have no authority to ask him send u utility bill. Such a ridiculous request.
I wouldn’t buy from you if you asked me for a picture of a utility bill before you’d send the item out.
15 Comments
To be fair if I was in the buyers position I also wouldn't send you proof of utility bill or anything else, I'm sure that looks like you are trying to scam them (not to say you are tho)
But more to answer your question, I probally would send it assuming that it's all positive feedback. Remember people have to start from somewhere. I don't use my eBay account for long periods too, it's got to be at least a year since I have purchased something if not longer, and that doesn't make me a scammer
I wouldn't. But follow some simple if you do;

Use Google earth to look at the address and decide.
Take payment by paypal and only post to the Paypal verified address. Definitely do NOT send if no verified address exists
Pay for a signature
Use a service that lets you track it online
Agree the delivery window with the buyer so (s)he confirms someone will be home
Ask the buyer if they have had any issues with deliveries that you need to be aware of
Edited by: "ccnp" 12th Jun
Send it via the eBay shipping method. You'd be covered if something was up.

If payment has gone through via PayPal then there isn't really much of an issue.

You pay for the shipping and make sure it covers the items insurance amount (£50) then if it gets lost claim back.

My brother had an account like this, he rarely used eBay unless he needs something like a specific car part. Nothing wrong with low feedback users.
Edited by: "kos1c" 12th Jun
Yes, if you pay on ebay without creating a user name they assign you one.

This looks fine as long as you post to the address that papypal tells you to send to.
If you haven’t put restrictions on who can buy your item then you can’t really complain when a low feedback eBay member wins the auction.

Any restrictions should have been clearly put in place at listing creation.

But, to your question, should you post?

You will of course only accept PayPal and post to there registered address??
Ensuring you sent it via a ‘signed for’ service then I’d have no qualms of sending to a low feedback buyer.

If your still worried, then request a cancellation and relist with buyer restrictions.
Edited by: "andynicol" 12th Jun
I see no problem with the buyer having a low feedback number, we all had to start somewhere. Looking at his feedback he doesn't buy very often, don't see why that's a problem as long as he uses paypal. I don't remember anyone asking me for photos to prove who I was when I first used ebay, I would have been offended if they had.
Ebayers with low feedback have to start from somewhere.
I wouldn’t buy from you if you asked me for a picture of a utility bill before you’d send the item out.
It is an odd username, but we have members on here who have used generated usernames that look very silly.

I certainly would never send a utility bill to anyone on eBay, whether they are selling or buying
If you're not sure, cancel and re-list
EBay seller protection shown? Follow the rules and there's no problem.
nbwuwd wrote:

Agree and asking for it breaches the terms and conditions of sale on eBay. You can also refer the previous post on here where I posted about GDPR, the OP updated to say that it looked like the seller had been banned.
Don't cancel as you could get negative feedback. Send the item using a trackable service or a service that offers compensation for the loss up to £50.... Retain proof of postage.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants