Would you rent a flat without a shower?

Found 23rd Nov 2012
I have a flat in central London which I rent out.

Due to low water pressure in the block the electric shower does not work properly there so I am thinking of getting rid of it altogether.

Would you rent a property if it had no shower and you just use the bath?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
74 Comments

Personally no.

Can't you fit a water storage tank somewhere?

Personally wouldn't but I know there are still lots of houses with only a bath so you should be fine as long as you mention that the shower don't work on potential tenants.

Yes I would, however being in central London, most would assume a working shower, being city life etc, so I would expect to pay relativly less rent.

Simple answer - no.

Need a shower tbh.

I rented a flat that only had a bath in it in Cardiff. Wasn't too much of an issue for me and the rent was nice and cheap

Im not a landlord or part of the water board but surly turning the water pressure up would be an available option?
Surly this is what is included in water rates too, a reasonable pressure for tenants/costomers needs.

Edited by: "diesel_508" 23rd Nov 2012

Original Poster

i have already looked into the various options to get the shower to work and it's a no go unless i spend thousands on a combi boiler heating system.

I am sure you will be able to let the flat but your choice of possible tenants will be less as most people have got used to showering and will want this option. Given the choice of having a shower or not they will probably opt for, unless there are price considerations to sway them. Or unless the flat is superior in other ways.

whatsThePoint

get a pump

^^^^This

You will be limiting the number of viewings you have or have to reduce your rental income to off set the lack of a shower

mutley1 do you have a tap on the bath, where you can fit a shower head?

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/grohe-eurodisc-single-lever-wall-mounted-bath-shower-mixer-1-2----33364-/large-33364.JPG

Like that.
How powerful is it just using that?

WoolyM

I am sure you will be able to let the flat but your choice of possible … I am sure you will be able to let the flat but your choice of possible tenants will be less as most people have got used to showering and will want this option. Given the choice of having a shower or not they will probably opt for, unless there are price considerations to sway them. Or unless the flat is superior in other ways.

Yes it is extra cosy
http://www.trailersforsaleworld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/bikecaravaninterior1.jpg

Yes. Just have a quick wash and some lynx and they'll never know.

dontasciime

Yes. Just have a quick wash and some lynx and they'll never know.

Theres your answer mutley. There are always a few Jonny No Mates about. Rent to them and you will be ok. Just make sure you have a bigger wardrobe than the guy in Croydon

I think the shower is the least of your problems.

http://www.clearupsolutionsuk.co.uk/userimages/1031.jpg

donaldduck2

I think the shower is the least of your problems.

YUMMY lol

No.

Is this the same flat as the one that had painted tiles and with the door handle that keeps falling off.

Sounds a cracking property mutley.

Cant understand myself why you should have any problems renting it

one of these from screwyoufix

[img]s7g3.scene7.com/is/…235?$p$&layer=0&size=281,281&layer=1&size=281,281&src=ae235/46231_P[/img]

No offence but this place sounds like a dirty brothel...... oO

Original Poster

doritos

mutley1 do you have a tap on the bath, where you can fit a shower … mutley1 do you have a tap on the bath, where you can fit a shower head?Like that.How powerful is it just using that?

it already has a shower attachment to the taps but the water only goes up 3 ft and then it stops. so you can have a shower but you would have to be sitting in the bath to use the mixer shower.

Original Poster

WoolyM

Is this the same flat as the one that had painted tiles and with the door … Is this the same flat as the one that had painted tiles and with the door handle that keeps falling off. Sounds a cracking property mutley. Cant understand myself why you should have any problems renting it

no.

Id rather rent a flat without a shower than a shower without a flat oO

Banned

Doesn't matter OP. Its London, space is a premium and someone will rent it regardless.

Original Poster

guys, i have already looked at the pump solution and it's a no go.

mutley1

it already has a shower attachment to the taps but the water only goes up … it already has a shower attachment to the taps but the water only goes up 3 ft and then it stops. so you can have a shower but you would have to be sitting in the bath to use the mixer shower.

Could always rent to a midget

Original Poster

shopstilldrops

Could always rent to a midget

ha ha. LOL.
a limited market i am afraid. besides they may find the rent too high.

Invent a good way put it in the listing, call it a 'trickle shower' or something some people will buy into anything they think is different.
Edited by: "diesel_508" 23rd Nov 2012

mutley1

ha ha. LOL.a limited market i am afraid. besides they may find the rent … ha ha. LOL.a limited market i am afraid. besides they may find the rent too high.

How much are you planning on charging for this exclusive penthouse then?

Original Poster

transit

No offence but this place sounds like a dirty brothel...... oO

just because it has no shower? a large number of properties in the uk do not have showers. showers are mainly a european thingy and most brits prefer baths?

Original Poster

WoolyM

How much are you planning on charging for this exclusive penthouse then? … How much are you planning on charging for this exclusive penthouse then?

it is already rented and has been for many years. i am just taking a survey to ascertain how important a shower is to future tenants should the current tenants move on.

mutley1

just because it has no shower? a large number of properties in the uk do … just because it has no shower? a large number of properties in the uk do not have showers. showers are mainly a european thingy and most brits prefer baths?

Any yours stands out in the whole market as it has a shower but no use.
GO mutley

Cookie had the right idea here

hotukdeals.com/mis…695

offer a back scrubbing service

Original Poster

WoolyM

Cookie had the right idea … Cookie had the right idea herehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/creepiest-room-for-rent-ad-ve-seen-today-replies-pic-1372540?p=16125695offer a back scrubbing service

disgusting. i can see me face as i scrub these tenants naked in the bath. X)

mutley1

just because it has no shower? a large number of properties in the uk do … just because it has no shower? a large number of properties in the uk do not have showers. showers are mainly a european thingy and most brits prefer baths?

Pics needed to offer an honest opinion.

What about this for the kitchen-

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ivck9d.jpg

Or if the flat has a garden, this tree shaped shower attaches to a garden hose-
http://i46.tinypic.com/34hjsdu.jpg

I dont know what the problem is. They could always put their head out of the window when its raining.

Some people are just not resourceful enough

I wouldn't rent a place without a shower.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions