Would you say this constitutes too good to be true?

13 replies
Found 20th Feb 2011
Picture in the first reply window. I was walking back from uni yesterday and saw this poster. I'm not gonna lie "£20 - £30" an hour for delivering catalogues, sounds pretty good!

Is it possible to find out who it is or be able to call the number without stupid charges going to my mobile?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Original Poster

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8360/img20110219182300.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you honestly believe someone is going to pay you £20-30 an hour for delivering catalogues, the mind boggles sometimes on here. You are not a friend of the painter from yesterday are you?
Edited by: "greg_68" 20th Feb 2011

Supermod

£3,600 (full time) a month for delivering catalogues? I hope you can work it out for yourself...

Original Poster

No i dont, I'm not stupid. It would just be nice to know who the employers would be, seen as though its not a mobile number.

Don't go and turn this thread into lets **** off the OP and tell him how stupid he is. I mentioned in the title too good to be true.

I did a similar thing once. They are very heavy therefore you need a car, work in petrol etc, you could probably earn that if you had a row of terraced houses and every house had one. Most of the time you have to get every few houses to sign that they have received it that all takes time. you will be lucky if you get minimum wage per hour.

Supermod

golemsmate

No i dont, I'm not stupid. It would just be nice to know who the … No i dont, I'm not stupid. It would just be nice to know who the employers would be, seen as though its not a mobile number. Don't go and turn this thread into lets **** off the OP and tell him how stupid he is. I mentioned in the title too good to be true.

No one has called you stupid.

Original Poster

Shellywelly

I did a similar thing once. They are very heavy therefore you need a … I did a similar thing once. They are very heavy therefore you need a car, work in petrol etc, you could probably earn that if you had a row of terraced houses and every house had one. Most of the time you have to get every few houses to sign that they have received it that all takes time. you will be lucky if you get minimum wage per hour.

Ah thanks, so you'd have to try to get people to sign upto a catalogue. I've seen them about. Seems like a lot of work lol specially as petrol costs are stupidly high They'd probably get more interest if they were honest and stated the true costs.

Any way of knowing who it is?

golemsmate

Ah thanks, so you'd have to try to get people to sign upto a catalogue. … Ah thanks, so you'd have to try to get people to sign upto a catalogue. I've seen them about. Seems like a lot of work lol specially as petrol costs are stupidly high They'd probably get more interest if they were honest and stated the true costs.Any way of knowing who it is?

No, you get so many to sign when you deliver it as proof that they have received it. Well thats what they did with the yellow pages anyway.

I would guess its a agency to be honest as it will only be temporary work.

This will be a company like "Avon" where you drop catalogue off, "IF" people order you get comission else you get naff all :P

Banned

I have it on reliable info , that you most probably have to go self employed, as stated by other posters it could be some company like Betterware or Avon.

IMO your better off getting a part time job at Tesco or Asda ..

didn't you tear down that poster?

golemsmate

No i dont, I'm not stupid. It would just be nice to know who the … No i dont, I'm not stupid. It would just be nice to know who the employers would be, seen as though its not a mobile number. Don't go and turn this thread into lets **** off the OP and tell him how stupid he is. I mentioned in the title too good to be true.

Yeah, but you also said "I'm not gonna lie, it sounds pretty good".
It is pretty stupid to be even asking about it. If it was anything like it appears it would be a 'dead man's shoes' job and they wouldn't have to stick crappy posters on lamp posts.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal12
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?46
    3. 48 hour working time directive69
    4. Installing google play store on Kindle Fire 2nd gen?615

See more discussions