Would you sell on a travelodge room?

Found 16th May
I've got a booking that I cant make. Would it be safe to sell this on to someone online? Then them use my name to checkin? Do they swipe a card on arrival for any damages? I did pay for it using paypal
Community Updates
AskHolidays & Leisure
15 Comments
I suggest you contact Travel lodge and ask if you can 'booking on behalf of a friend'. And see what do they say.
Edited by: "Cisco060606" 16th May
You have to give them ID... That was the case when I stayed in hotels.
You may be able to cancel or change the day why dont you call them
Edited by: "allowed" 16th May
I thought you could cancel with reasonable notice.

You cant stay in Travel / Premeier Lodge's without proof of ID, I know because I lost my Wallet when working away and although I managed to get some Cash from my Bank as an Emergency, Premier Inns were having none of it, even though I offered to pay Cash upfront.
You can only cancel if you didn't opt for their saver ' no refund' rate.
As for reselling - T&C no 5
Your booking is not transferable. You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part) or advertise or otherwise offer any Travelodge room for sale and if you do transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) your booking then we may terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking. Any bookings resold or transferred may not be honoured and we accept no liability in respect of this. We may also refuse to take any future bookings from you.

Also, no 10
You must be able to show photo identification (a driver’s licence, passport or national ID card) or the credit or debit card used to make your booking if requested by Travelodge at any time. If you are unable to produce this to the satisfaction of the hotel we may terminate your booking without refund.

Further down the page "As Saver Rate bookings are at discounted rates these bookings are not refundable in whole or in part. You can still cancel your booking via our website by selecting Manage My Booking or by calling our Central Reservations team if you are unable to use all or any part of it but we will not provide a refund on the room(s), any Extras purchased with the booking or any booking fee."
Edited by: "Ar460rn" 16th May
I definalty cant change the booking its a saver rate. Travelodge will let me cancel the booking but I don't get anything back from that so don't see why I would do it.

They won't let me change the name, even though its for 2 people and I say can I change it to the other persons name as one can't make it.

I haven't actaully ever been asked for ID when checking in
happenstance1 h, 20 m ago

I definalty cant change the booking its a saver rate. Travelodge will let …I definalty cant change the booking its a saver rate. Travelodge will let me cancel the booking but I don't get anything back from that so don't see why I would do it.They won't let me change the name, even though its for 2 people and I say can I change it to the other persons name as one can't make it.I haven't actaully ever been asked for ID when checking in

At Premier Inn the check in is done at the machine but the machine does ask for passport number etc. It's impossible they don't ask for ID.
I’ve stopped at lots of travelodge’s and have never been asked for ID.
I also have stayed at many Travelodges and have never been asked for id just the booking number.
I have never been asked for ID at Travelodge or Premier Inn or any hotel come to that apart from one and the only reason they asked for ID on that occasion was because I was paying cash.

When you book Travelodge it actually asks if you are staying or you're booking on behalf of someone else. I would just send the other couple and let Travelodge call you if there is a problem and then just play stupid and say you booked it for them in the first place.
I've stayed at several Travelodges. The only time they have asked for a card or I-d was when we said we wanted to eat in the hotel at their restaurant. They wanted a £50 deposit against any possible 'future spend'.
Edited by: "mrty" 16th May
I've stayed at several travelodge's and premier Inn's and I've just come back from one in London and have never (last 3 years that I started staying in hotels) have I ever been asked for ID. All they ask for is the booking name or a booking number.
Same I have never been asked for ID ever.

If I do sell it to a random and they trash the place what could happen? Seeing as they don't have my card details as I just paid with paypal but do have my address?
Ive sold a room a trvelodge,no problem , just gave them my address etc
Never been asked for Id and have stopped quite a few i’ve Booked on behalf of someone else and they never got asked for id. You watch next time I go they’ll ask for i
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions