Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Would you trust Amazon Spain newly launched sellers?

Posted 28th Feb
I need a bit of advice before i go ahead with my purchase i really want to buy a phone with my birthday money. I am on a budget and have found the one i want for a very reasonable price on the Amazon Spain website. The seller has no feedback as he is newly launched. What made me suspicious is the phone will be dispatched from England and when i googled the address it was just a random house in Harrow. Will Amazon refund me if i go ahead with my purchase and it turns out to be a scammer? I don't want to lose my money as it's all i have. Can anyone please advise thanks xx
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

25 Comments
If you pay with a credit card I believe you have more protection. To be honest it does sound dodgey if it's Amazon spain why is the seller shipping from the UK??
I think you’re protected by the Amazon AtoZ claim anyway
If you have doubts, which you obviously do, then go with your gut and just don't buy it. You may well be covered by Amazon but if you can't afford to be without the money, I can't see why you would risk it. I'd say it sounds dodgy.. Newly launched, no feedback, selling the phone cheaper than available anywhere else, sending from the UK but selling in Spain? There's no way I'd even risk it personally.
Edited by: "Psychobunni" 28th Feb
Alexandralocks28/02/2020 18:11

If you pay with a credit card I believe you have more protection. To be …If you pay with a credit card I believe you have more protection. To be honest it does sound dodgey if it's Amazon spain why is the seller shipping from the UK??

unfortunately i don't have a credit card but thanks for the advice anyway
Psychobunni28/02/2020 18:25

If you have doubts, which you obviously do, then go with your gut and just …If you have doubts, which you obviously do, then go with your gut and just don't buy it. You may well be covered by Amazon but if you can't afford to be without the money, I can't see why you would risk it. I'd say it sounds dodgy.. Newly launched, no feedback, selling the phone cheaper than available anywhere else, sending from the UK but selling in Spain? There's no way I'd even risk it personally.

i know it does sound dodgy and i do have my doubts but i suppose everyone has to start somewhere but not from a housing estate in Harrow! You would think he would be selling on Amazon in the UK. Think i'll give it a miss thanks xx
phoebegrace28/02/2020 18:57

unfortunately i don't have a credit card but thanks for the advice anyway

Me neither. Just keep shopping around for prices, better to pay slightly more from a reputable seller than the stress of is it going to arrive or chasing a refund. Good luck
What phone is it? Have you got the link to the listing?
Alexandralocks28/02/2020 19:04

Me neither. Just keep shopping around for prices, better to pay slightly …Me neither. Just keep shopping around for prices, better to pay slightly more from a reputable seller than the stress of is it going to arrive or chasing a refund. Good luck

Thank you xx
phoebegrace28/02/2020 19:02

i know it does sound dodgy and i do have my doubts but i suppose everyone …i know it does sound dodgy and i do have my doubts but i suppose everyone has to start somewhere but not from a housing estate in Harrow! You would think he would be selling on Amazon in the UK. Think i'll give it a miss thanks xx

I'm sure you'll find a decent offer soon enough from a more reputable seller!
Avoid.

Have you looked on ebay for one with the 20% coupon that's valid for some sellers?
m1keyp1key28/02/2020 19:27

Avoid. Have you looked on ebay for one with the 20% coupon that's valid …Avoid. Have you looked on ebay for one with the 20% coupon that's valid for some sellers?

yes i've looked really wanted the xiaomi redmi note 8 pro but i haven't got enough so will have to make do with the note 8T can't find any on ebay that i can use the code on
phoebegrace28/02/2020 19:27

https://www.amazon.es/gp/offer-listing/B00VI3MK4M/ref=sr_1_1?sprefix=xiami+redmi+note+8t%2Caps%2C206&crid=1QCCR2XFA2ODH&keywords=xiaomi+redmi+note+8t&__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&qid=1582917991&sr=8-1

I think i'd rather pay the extra £30 or so to order from the UK for warranty purposes. Have you seen this version with 1GB less RAM and 32GB instead of 64GB? There's a MicroSD card slot so you can just whack in a memory card - amazon.co.uk/dp/…L5/
sm969028/02/2020 19:31

I think i'd rather pay the extra £30 or so to order from the UK for …I think i'd rather pay the extra £30 or so to order from the UK for warranty purposes. Have you seen this version with 1GB less RAM and 32GB instead of 64GB? There's a MicroSD card slot so you can just whack in a memory card - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0824DVFL5/

sm969028/02/2020 19:06

What phone is it? Have you got the link to the listing?

I was looking at this one but i need to use the dual sim so i didn't know whether i would be able to put a microSD in it as well
sm969028/02/2020 19:31

I think i'd rather pay the extra £30 or so to order from the UK for …I think i'd rather pay the extra £30 or so to order from the UK for warranty purposes. Have you seen this version with 1GB less RAM and 32GB instead of 64GB? There's a MicroSD card slot so you can just whack in a memory card - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0824DVFL5/

...£30 extra for the reassurance of a UK warranty... from a seller based in Hong Kong. Optimistic concept from beyond month 6 of ownership.
AndyRoyd28/02/2020 19:59

...£30 extra for the reassurance of a UK warranty... from a seller based …...£30 extra for the reassurance of a UK warranty... from a seller based in Hong Kong. Optimistic concept from beyond month 6 of ownership.

The Xiaomi warranty isn't an international one. The cheaper one being the 'Spanish Version' would mean that the warranty isn't valid in the UK. Xiaomi does however have an EU warranty but this no longer applies.

mi.com/uk/…v=1
sm969028/02/2020 20:09

The Xiaomi warranty isn't an international one. The cheaper one being the …The Xiaomi warranty isn't an international one. The cheaper one being the 'Spanish Version' would mean that the warranty isn't valid in the UK. Xiaomi does however have an EU warranty but this no longer applies.https://www.mi.com/uk/service/warranty?v=1#warrant

Like I implied: no obvious benefit to the (mis)concept of extra £30 = UK warranty.
phoebegrace28/02/2020 19:27

https://www.amazon.es/gp/offer-listing/B00VI3MK4M

Seller has questionable feedback on Amazon Italy but does bizarrely openly quote a Royal Mail tracking reference (to Italy?) amazon.it/sp?…ZT1
Better FB from UK Amazon amazon.co.uk/sp?…ZT1 and seems to list the UK version of handset you want but higher price than the ES version amazon.co.uk/s?k…ZT1
You could consider contacting the real company having that co name / co number / VAT reg and ask if it's a trading name hijack, although not obvious how you could credibly contact beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/com…611
AndyRoyd28/02/2020 20:24

Seller has questionable feedback on Amazon Italy but does bizarrely openly …Seller has questionable feedback on Amazon Italy but does bizarrely openly quote a Royal Mail tracking reference (to Italy?) https://www.amazon.it/sp?_&seller=A1FI9WA1OZSZT1Better FB from UK Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/sp?_&seller=A1FI9WA1OZSZT1 and seems to list the UK version of handset you want but higher price than the ES version https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Xiaomi+Redmi+Note+8T&me=A1FI9WA1OZSZT1You could consider contacting the real company having that co name / co number / VAT reg and ask if it's a trading name hijack, although not obvious how you could credibly contact https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11100611

So it looks like he is a genuine seller, i couldn't find him on Amazon UK really good info thanks, I wonder why he is selling the same phone on Amazon Spain for a lot less than in the UK. Still don't know whether to chance it though, but thanks anyway xx
phoebegrace28/02/2020 20:40

So it looks like he is a genuine seller, i couldn't find him on Amazon UK …So it looks like he is a genuine seller, i couldn't find him on Amazon UK really good info thanks, I wonder why he is selling the same phone on Amazon Spain for a lot less than in the UK. Still don't know whether to chance it though, but thanks anyway xx

Repeat observation that you may have missed: is it same seller, or trading name/details hijack? I am not suggesting there is an issue; just considering usual pre-purchase due diligence.
AndyRoyd28/02/2020 20:47

Repeat observation that you may have missed: is it same seller, or …Repeat observation that you may have missed: is it same seller, or trading name/details hijack? I am not suggesting there is an issue; just considering usual pre-purchase due diligence.

You have to be so careful these days there is so many scammers out there I know it's not a lot of money that i would lose but it is all I have so i would be gutted if i lost out. Amazon would probably give me the money back but it's all the hassle that comes with it.
Can I confirm you want a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T 64+4GB Color Azul, NFC, Battery 4000mAh

P.s. have you considered credit or paying by installments route through Amazon, giving you time to save for the extra cost?
esar29/02/2020 08:15

Can I confirm you want a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T 64+4GB Color Azul, NFC, …Can I confirm you want a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T 64+4GB Color Azul, NFC, Battery 4000mAhP.s. have you considered credit or paying by installments route through Amazon, giving you time to save for the extra cost?

I really wanted the 8 pro but would have to make do with the 8T I don't really like paying installments rather just pay it all off in one go but thanks anyway xx
The seller has 96 ratings on the UK site, looks like he's maybe just mispriced it on the Spanish site. Can confirm it is definitely the same seller as when you change the .es to .co.uk on his profile it shows the correct UK profile. It just show's "just launched" as he hasn't received any feedback on the Spanish website. I'd say go for it. You will be protected by Amazon's A to Z guarantee anyway if anything went wrong.
thanks everyone for the advice i decided against getting the phone and put the extra money to it and got the xiaomi redmi note 8 pro from xiaomi uk what i originally wanted, really happy with my new phone xx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants