Groups

Wow China, so far ahead but so far behind

China puts internet ban on ‘fatty’ nickname that mocks Kim Jong-un

23 Comments

Original Poster

theguardian.com/wor…_gu

Chinese websites are censoring the phrase “Kim Fatty the Third”, a nickname widely used to disparage the North Korean leader, after officials from his country reportedly conveyed their displeasure in a meeting with Chinese counterparts.

Searches for the Chinese words “Jin San Pang” on the search engine Baidu and microblogging platform Weibo returned no results this week.

The nickname pokes fun at Kim Jong-un’s girth and his status as the third generation of the Kim family to rule the world’s only hereditary communist dynasty. It’s especially popular among young, irreverent Chinese who tend to look down on their country’s would-be ally.

Relations between China and North Korea have been strained by Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons programme, which China has condemned along with South Korea, Japan, the United States and Russia. But Beijing continues to support the Kim regime with limited trade and diplomatic backing.

Censorship; its a slippery slope.

Original Poster

teinem

Donald Trump is fan of Chinahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs

yes he is. anyhow.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

Censorship; its a slippery slope.

hmmm China is a long way down to be fair, Google is verboten

Google is not available in mainland China, the government blocked it because they think that somethings on Google are against Chinese law.

Very weak propaganda story, only the indoctrinated funnel heads can believe.

https://m.popkey.co/f0ed15/wrkk_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

davewave

hmmm China is a long way down to be fair, Google is verbotenGoogle is not … hmmm China is a long way down to be fair, Google is verbotenGoogle is not available in mainland China, the government blocked it because they think that somethings on Google are against Chinese law.

very easy to access google in china

davewave

hmmm China is a long way down to be fair, Google is verbotenGoogle is not … hmmm China is a long way down to be fair, Google is verbotenGoogle is not available in mainland China, the government blocked it because they think that somethings on Google are against Chinese law.

Never watched Top Gear, have you.....

Original Poster

mattmerch

illegal is different from capable of breaking the law

mattmerch

Very easy to get a knock on the door at 3am and disappear in the middle of the night in China too.

This is what is coming USAs way very soon.

Original Poster

Gollywood

not really.

Gollywood

As in in 'Trump the orange' or Trump the airhead' ?

thewongwing101

As in in 'Trump the orange' or Trump the airhead' ?

As in 'Trump who wants to ensure no media outlet will ever be able to say anything 'bad' about him'..

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money."

Original Poster

Gollywood

As in 'Trump who wants to ensure no media outlet will ever be able to say … As in 'Trump who wants to ensure no media outlet will ever be able to say anything 'bad' about him'.."One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money."

false articles...? Doesnt Trump's suggestion reflect the same libel laws around press that UK already has. English law below for info.

English law allows actions for libel to be brought in the High Court for any published statements which are alleged to defame a named or identifiable individual(s) (under English law companies are legal persons, and may bring suit for defamation[1][2][3]) in a manner which causes them loss in their trade or profession, or causes a reasonable person to think worse of him, her or them. Allowable defences are justification (i.e. the truth of the statement), fair comment (i.e., whether the statement was a view that a reasonable person could have held), and privilege (i.e., whether the statements were made in Parliament or in court, or whether they were fair reports of allegations in the public interest). An offer of amends is a barrier to litigation. A defamatory statement is presumed to be false, unless the defendant can prove its truth.

By making it known that being called fat has hurt his feelings we all know his weakness.

Forget nuclear war, we know his weak spot is Doughnuts and pies!

If we all sent him a deep fried mars bar, he'd be dead in a week!

davewave

false articles...? Doesnt Trump's suggestion reflect the same libel laws … false articles...? Doesnt Trump's suggestion reflect the same libel laws around press that UK already has. English law below for info.English law allows actions for libel to be brought in the High Court for any published statements which are alleged to defame a named or identifiable individual(s) (under English law companies are legal persons, and may bring suit for defamation[1][2][3]) in a manner which causes them loss in their trade or profession, or causes a reasonable person to think worse of him, her or them. Allowable defences are justification (i.e. the truth of the statement), fair comment (i.e., whether the statement was a view that a reasonable person could have held), and privilege (i.e., whether the statements were made in Parliament or in court, or whether they were fair reports of allegations in the public interest). An offer of amends is a barrier to litigation. A defamatory statement is presumed to be false, unless the defendant can prove its truth.

I'm sure Trumpy would just shrug his shoulders at that and say 'Yeah yeah, whatever'

mattmerch

How, as I have been struggling other than VPN and even then google search does not work very well for internal data? Does it cost money and how much and which named service fo you buy as I am find it impossible to run Google Play and all their related services that pump videos and audio? How about youtube?
    What do you use that made it easy for you?

Edited by: "splender" 17th Nov 2016

ffs cant even post the gifs i wanted as someone seemingly edited every one of the ones i looked at!
    edit: not censored though
    Edited by: "brilly" 17th Nov 2016

splender

How, as I have been struggling other than VPN and even then google search … How, as I have been struggling other than VPN and even then google search does not work very well for internal data? Does it cost money and how much and which named service fo you buy as I am find it impossible to run Google Play and all their related services that pump videos and audio? How about youtube?.What do you use that made it easy for you?

nothing I did just when I used wifi at hotel éclat Beijing I had no troble with gmail and google

mattmerch

nothing I did just when I used wifi at hotel éclat Beijing I had no … nothing I did just when I used wifi at hotel éclat Beijing I had no troble with gmail and google

So your statement only applied if you stayed in hotel éclat Beijing and useless as soon as you walk out of hotel into the streets of China.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians1728
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645
      4. word association Game74044569

See more discussions