WOW HD - BEWARE!

Found 4th Nov 2012
DO NOT USE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS!

ITEMS COME FROM HONG KONG - I HAVE JUST BEEN CHARGED £23.19 FOR IMPORT VAT AND CLEARANCE ON ONE TREE HILL SERIES - MAKE IT ALMOST £100!

I NAIVELY SAW IT WAS A UK SITE AND ASSUMED IT WAS COMING FROM WITHIN THE UK! NEXT TIME I WILL CHECK!
Community Updates
17 Comments
I can't even find 'wow cd'.

What's it actually called?

Ok, thanks for the edit. That's better.

I've only had a quick look but can't seem to find a 'contact us' section? Is there one?
£100 for a One Tree Hill series. Wow you really got done!
Could you not have refused the delivery?
deek72

I've only had a quick look but can't seem to find a 'contact us' section? … I've only had a quick look but can't seem to find a 'contact us' section? Is there one?

wowhd.co.uk/inf…ice
Shengis

http://www.wowhd.co.uk/info/ContactCustomerService

Yeah, I found it myself via the feedback link. Hardly intuitive. The 'contact us' section is usually marked as 'contact us'.

The fact that the words 'contact' or 'about us' don't appear anywhere on the main page would be more than enough to steer me away from the site in the first place. But thanks for the warning OP.
miikeyblue

Ive heard its guaranteed delivery....

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/boss-open-door.gif

Very hard to refuse, or ignore

BFN

Sweet Maccy
Edited by: "simplex" 4th Nov 2012
So this is on there site:

Why do I need to pay custom charges?
A:
WOW HD offers a delivery service whereby all these costs have been paid in advance, by us, yet there is on the rare occasions that you may be required to pay custom or import duties charges once the package arrives at the destination country. As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival. As we are unable to calculate the amount this may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. You may want to contact your local customs office for further information before making a purchase on WOW HD.

Also it seems the only way to contact customer services is through email..

I hope this helps
deek72

Yeah, I found it myself via the feedback link. Hardly intuitive. The … Yeah, I found it myself via the feedback link. Hardly intuitive. The 'contact us' section is usually marked as 'contact us'. The fact that the words 'contact' or 'about us' don't appear anywhere on the main page would be more than enough to steer me away from the site in the first place. But thanks for the warning OP.

Yep, load of ****.
So this is on there site:

Why do I need to pay custom charges?
A:
WOW HD offers a delivery service whereby all these costs have been paid in advance, by us, yet there is on the rare occasions that you may be required to pay custom or import duties charges once the package arrives at the destination country. As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival. As we are unable to calculate the amount this may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country. You may want to contact your local customs office for further information before making a purchase on WOW HD.

Also it seems the only way to contact customer services is through email..

I hope this helps
Domain name:
wowhd.co.uk

Registrant:
Flinders Peak Equity

Registrant type:
Other UK Entity (e.g. clubs, associations, many universities)

Registrant's address:
318 St Paul's Tce
Fortitude Valley
qld
Australia

Edited by: "OldEnglish" 4th Nov 2012
Didn't they use to be CD-WOW?
miikeyblue

Hi. I haven't taken delivery yet as I have to pay the charges on line before delivery - otherwise it will return to sender within 21 days. But if I do that there is no guarantee I will get my originally £68 back and I will have no DVDs for daughter for Christmas and will lose £68.

They have advised I need to accept the goods and then arrange for a return number. I therefore think perhaps I am better just to pay the £23 and move on and accept this as a learning experience!
d-j mitch

[quote=miikeyblue] I therefore think perhaps I am better just to pay the … [quote=miikeyblue] I therefore think perhaps I am better just to pay the £23 and move on and accept this as a learning experience!

Agree. If you let them return them I'd say your chances of a refund range from about 0-1%.
d-j mitch

Hi. I haven't taken delivery yet as I have to pay the charges on line … Hi. I haven't taken delivery yet as I have to pay the charges on line before delivery - otherwise it will return to sender within 21 days. But if I do that there is no guarantee I will get my originally £68 back and I will have no DVDs for daughter for Christmas and will lose £68. They have advised I need to accept the goods and then arrange for a return number. I therefore think perhaps I am better just to pay the £23 and move on and accept this as a learning experience!

Probably best!
THE WORST SERVICE EVER
ORDERED THE LEMON POPSICLE BOX SET IN SEPTEMBER WAS IN STOCK WHEN I ORDERED THEN THEY SAID TWO WEEKS LATER IT WASN'T
CANCELLED THE ORDER AND PAID FOR MRS BROWNS BOYS LIVE BLU RAY THAT NEVER ARRIVED THEY MADE ME WAIT 5 WEEKS FOR A REPLACEMENT TO BE SENT AND TOLD THEM IT WAS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT SO THEY SAID THEY WOULD DESPATCH ANOTHER COPY THAT NEVER ARRIVED EITHER NOW THE STATUS SAYS BACKORDER
THEY ARE A JOKE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY I SUPPOSE I ILL HAVE TO WAIT YET AGAIN FOR IT TO COME BACK IN STOCK OR 12 MONTHS FOR A REFUND
REPORTED TO TRADING STANDARDS
andrewoldham

THE WORST SERVICE EVERORDERED THE LEMON POPSICLE BOX SET IN SEPTEMBER WAS … THE WORST SERVICE EVERORDERED THE LEMON POPSICLE BOX SET IN SEPTEMBER WAS IN STOCK WHEN I ORDERED THEN THEY SAID TWO WEEKS LATER IT WASN'TCANCELLED THE ORDER AND PAID FOR MRS BROWNS BOYS LIVE BLU RAY THAT NEVER ARRIVED THEY MADE ME WAIT 5 WEEKS FOR A REPLACEMENT TO BE SENT AND TOLD THEM IT WAS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT SO THEY SAID THEY WOULD DESPATCH ANOTHER COPY THAT NEVER ARRIVED EITHER NOW THE STATUS SAYS BACKORDERTHEY ARE A JOKE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY I SUPPOSE I ILL HAVE TO WAIT YET AGAIN FOR IT TO COME BACK IN STOCK OR 12 MONTHS FOR A REFUNDREPORTED TO TRADING STANDARDS

http://cdn.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/00305/mobile_herald_305826t.jpg

...AND THEY JUST SAID "WOW".

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants