Groups

...wow, I met Mr Nice...Howard Marks...

Supermod
    Yesterday and I didnt actually know who he was/is.

15 Comments

I've read a book of his. Would love to sit down with him one evening and just chat. Bet there's more to him than we believe.

nothing is black and white x x x there are shades of colour to everyone x x x

we take cues about peoples histories and figure that means we "know" them. It takes a terrribly long time to truely understand someone.

Original Poster Supermod

kyalion;6102779

I've read a book of his. Would love to sit down with him one evening and … I've read a book of his. Would love to sit down with him one evening and just chat. Bet there's more to him than we believe.

He seemed INCREDIBLY intelligent. It was as you suggested. He sat with a crowd and just took questions.

I wouldn't know either!

magicjay1986;6102784

He seemed INCREDIBLY intelligent. It was as you suggested. He sat with a … He seemed INCREDIBLY intelligent. It was as you suggested. He sat with a crowd and just took questions.

Did you ask him a question? It's strange isn't it how people's lives turn out. I bet he would never have predicted how he would end up when he went to uni to do Physics.

Original Poster Supermod

chesso;6103132

Did you ask him a question? It's strange isn't it how people's lives turn … Did you ask him a question? It's strange isn't it how people's lives turn out. I bet he would never have predicted how he would end up when he went to uni to do Physics.

I didnt. Wouldnt really have known what to ask him. Although, if I had met his children BEFORE I knew of the Q&A I would have asked him whether his children will ever grow up to know what normal is and also how much of an impact has he had on their lives. It was very upsetting speaking to his son Patrick. He didnt have many social skills and seemed miles away from getting there. A real shame.

chesso;6103132

Did you ask him a question? It's strange isn't it how people's lives turn … Did you ask him a question? It's strange isn't it how people's lives turn out. I bet he would never have predicted how he would end up when he went to uni to do Physics.

Peoples lives make these strange twists and turns all the time. The weird thing is meeting people who have the strength to stand by their convictions. Now they're special people. x x

magicjay1986;6103209

I didnt. Wouldnt really have known what to ask him. Although, if I had … I didnt. Wouldnt really have known what to ask him. Although, if I had met his children BEFORE I knew of the Q&A I would have asked him whether his children will ever grow up to know what normal is and also how much of an impact has he had on their lives. It was very upsetting speaking to his son Patrick. He didnt have many social skills and seemed miles away from getting there. A real shame.

What do you mean lack of social skills? We're all lacking socially somehow lol

Original Poster Supermod

ClarityofMind;6103247

What do you mean lack of social skills? We're all lacking socially … What do you mean lack of social skills? We're all lacking socially somehow lol

Haha, I know.

What do I mean?! I would be talking to him and he would just stare and then after about 10 minutes he would just punch me in the arm.

magicjay1986;6103261

Haha, I know. What do I mean?! I would be talking to him and he would … Haha, I know. What do I mean?! I would be talking to him and he would just stare and then after about 10 minutes he would just punch me in the arm.

lol bless.

Maybe he's sick to f of what he sees as his Dads cronies ;-)

A teacher once told me.. if the child is pre adolescent ask them one question and one question alone, and give them at least ten seconds from the end of the question to actually process the information and to form a response.

Theres also that 5-1 rule. If you ask 1 question, you scaffold it with 5 statements that support your meaning.

Of course if the child is adolescent already you just give them money and punch em on the arm

magicjay1986;6103261

Haha, I know. What do I mean?! I would be talking to him and he would … Haha, I know. What do I mean?! I would be talking to him and he would just stare and then after about 10 minutes he would just punch me in the arm.

I've just done a bit of googling. It seems that Patrick was a one-year old when his mum was put in prison for a year.

Judy’s younger sister Masha and her boyfriend took the children in while s … Judy’s younger sister Masha and her boyfriend took the children in while she served her sentence. Only later did it transpire that the boyfriend was a heroin addict who beat up Masha and often locked Patrick, soiled and neglected, in a dark room. Asked if he remembers any of those months, Patrick says simply: ‘A bit.’ Whatever happened left him profoundly traumatised. When he was reunited with his mother he couldn’t talk and needed psychological care

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/fem…tml
    Sorry about the source- the article is concise.

Something of tragic collateral damage, it seems. Very sad.

People present themselves in one way ......

chesso;6103411

I've just done a bit of googling. It seems that Patrick was a one-year … I've just done a bit of googling. It seems that Patrick was a one-year old when his mum was put in prison for a year..Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1187009/Mr-Nice-More-like-Mr-awful-father---Ex-wife-drug-smuggler-Howard-Marks-tells-destroyed-family.html#ixzz0ORz38ncSSorry about the source- the article is concise.Something of tragic collateral damage, it seems. Very sad. People present themselves in one way ......

Absolutely hun...

gets to ya after a bit doesn't it :?

Original Poster Supermod

Thanks for that Chesso. Explains so much. Poor chap.

Banned

just thought id post a clip of the mr nice movie starring rhys ifans due out next year.....didnt want to start a new thread

looking forward to this.........after the book being released 14 years ago its about bloody time

youtube.com/wat…ded

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00175/mr-nice_175498t.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any solicitors? Leasehold covenant Query "business use"12
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1327
      3. Oil for Oak Doors22
      4. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)79

See more discussions