Groups

WOW PROJECT NATAL LOOKS AMAZING ON XBOX 360

youtube.com/wat…37U

If they could pull it off the wii would be ruined and so would any of console

21 Comments

saw it this morning and it looks amazing, but until I can try it, I am still gonna be sceptical about wether it really reproduces moves as well as it appears to in the video

Supermod

The Wii/Nintendo would never be ruined. Especially not by some Microsft gimmick.

Exact replica of the Wii, as is what Sony will release today. Nothing original about it.

Banned

coff101;5379927

Exact replica of the Wii, as is what Sony will release today. Nothing … Exact replica of the Wii, as is what Sony will release today. Nothing original about it.

Except it isn't, is it? It's full body motion tracking, with voice recognition and facial recognition.

A bit different to waving a controller with a few gesture recognitions.

Banned

magicjay1986;5379926

The Wii/Nintendo would never be ruined. Especially not by some Microsft … The Wii/Nintendo would never be ruined. Especially not by some Microsft gimmick.

Aren't you being a bit naive when it comes to the power of a gimmick to sell a console?

It is a gimmick. And IMO one that's a few years away from being available as a games console yet.

Banned

ChipSticks;5379970

It is a gimmick. And IMO one that's a few years away from being available … It is a gimmick. And IMO one that's a few years away from being available as a games console yet.

Even if it is a gimmick - gimmicks sell.

IMO I think it has the potential to be a lot more, maybe incorporated into the next-gen of consoles.

all i say is WOW !!! if micosoft do pull that off to what it shows on the video then u wont need a another console just one question how much do u think the unit will cost lol

coff101;5379927

Exact replica of the Wii, as is what Sony will release today. Nothing … Exact replica of the Wii, as is what Sony will release today. Nothing original about it.

OK :whistling:

So you critique the Wii for the best of two years and then wet your pants when Microsoft launch a similar product... :w00t:

Think for a moment what it will used for... It ain't gonna be Gears Of War or Halo I can promise you that!

Banned

Flodd;5380001

So you critique the Wii for the best of two years and then wet your pants … So you critique the Wii for the best of two years and then wet your pants when Microsoft launch a similar product... :w00t:Think for a moment what it will used for... It ain't gonna be Gears Of War or Halo I can promise you that!

This has a lot of potential - when it fails to fulfill it like the Wii did I'm sure there will be a backlash.

FilthAndFurry;5379988

Even if it is a gimmick - gimmicks sell.

Totally agree.

I don't believe that that technology is anywhere close to being on a console yet though, like when he scans his skateboard?? I don't think so lol. It'll be a little while before we get something like that. but looks good for a "project vision"

Original Poster

coff101;5379927

wtf are you nuts ?

Flodd;5380001

So you critique the Wii for the best of two years and then wet your pants … So you critique the Wii for the best of two years and then wet your pants when Microsoft launch a similar product... :w00t:Think for a moment what it will used for... It ain't gonna be Gears Of War or Halo I can promise you that!

The wii isnt a very good console - i bought it for the games not the remote - whereas with the natal im going to get it solely for the technique as its genius - but its gunna be tricky to adapt into a game rather than a kick up game

dandoc2;5380127

The wii isnt a very good console - i bought it for the games not the … The wii isnt a very good console - i bought it for the games not the remote - whereas with the natal im going to get it solely for the technique as its genius - but its gunna be tricky to adapt into a game rather than a kick up game

I'd imagine you purchased it because of the control method (I know I did) but to buy into the 'vision' of something you've never played just shows how far you'll go to defend you lifestyle product choice... btw - my fridge is better than yours! ;-)

A list of demos showcased at e3... sounds riveting!

Ricochet - a Breakout clone in which the entire body is used to bounce … Ricochet - a Breakout clone in which the entire body is used to bounce balls at blocks. Paint Party - where the player can make throwing motions to splash paint onto a wall. He/she can choose colours using voice recognition, and can pose to make stencils. Milo & Kate - a technical demo created by Lionhead Studios in which the player interacts with a young boy named Milo and his friend Kate, using items and passing him virtual items from real life actions. In an interview after the demonstration, Lionhead founder Peter Molyneux confirmed that the demo was in fact the long running Project Dimitri.[5] Chop-Chop - where the player mimics cooking using hand motions Burnout Natal - not showcased as a live demonstration, a demo based on Burnout in which the player uses an invisible steering wheel to control the vehicle.

Original Poster

Flodd;5380225

I'd imagine you purchased it because of the control method (I know I did) … I'd imagine you purchased it because of the control method (I know I did) but to buy into the 'vision' of something you've never played just shows how far you'll go to defend you lifestyle product choice... btw - my fridge is better than yours! ;-)A list of demos showcased at e3... sounds riveting!

Actually i was gunna get the REVOLUTION when they announced the zelda on it - then it became the wii with the controls - buying into a vision makes the world turn round :-D

Original Poster

Met-Cast;5380583

Keep it on this thread … Keep it on this thread http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/413159/the-e3-expo-games-thread/Seriously :x

grow up........seriously

lol another thread about this........

yay

Met-Cast;5380583

Keep it on this thread … Keep it on this thread http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/413159/the-e3-expo-games-thread/Seriously :x

No.

Project natal is a gimmicky attempt to pander to the mums and 5 year olds that like pretending kicking imaginery pink balls and lifting up a fake phone with the numchuck.

honestly it will fail on the 360 and if the ps3 attempts anything similar that will die a death as well. They are both games machines for the more serious gamer.

This will not involve me skulking about my living room pretending i'm in the middle of a fire fight in basra, (even then 99% of us will be crap at it and like a real war be dead in 25 seconds) it will be dodging big multicoloured craps that little furry creatures will throw at you. I do not want to play that even if it can recognise my face and understand me when I tell it that this is just another crappy updated original wii game with better graphics.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions