Groups

Wow strong burger for $175/£90

The burger, created by chef and co-owner Kevin O'Connell, seeks to justify its price with a Kobe beef patty, lots of black truffles, seared foie gras, aged Gruyere cheese, wild mushrooms and flecks of gold leaf on a brioche bun.

DO WANT! LOL

19 Comments

Original Poster

uk.news.yahoo.com/rtr…tml

Discuss.

I never had foie gras but will when I go on holiday, seems really nice.

would anyone pay £90 for a burger!

:xfoie gras is revolting, geese are forced fed on wheat via a funnel-approx 1kg per day. Should be banned:x

Harvie is a nutter! Discuss.

£90???!!? I thought £9 was a bit steep at my local gourmet burger kitchen!

Original Poster

skusey;2143044

:xfoie gras is revolting, geese are forced fed on wheat via a … :xfoie gras is revolting, geese are forced fed on wheat via a funnel-approx 1kg per day. Should be banned:x

yeah I don't condone the way they make it, but have you ever tried it?

Im not a nutter

littletiger;2143055

£90???!!? I thought £9 was a bit steep at my local gourmet burger kitchen!

lol, id pay £90, but hey im upper class

black gerbil1;2143063

Im not a nutter

sure :whistling:

yeah.....an upper class nutter.....:whistling:

The burger, created by chef and co-owner Kevin O'Connell, seeks to … The burger, created by chef and co-owner Kevin O'Connell, seeks to justify its price with a Kobe beef patty, lots of black truffles, seared foie gras, aged Gruyere cheese, wild mushrooms and flecks of gold leaf on a brioche bun.

This is appalling on almost every level - decadent, cruel, unjustifiable.
    I trust that you are being ironic blackgerbil?

foie gras is lovely, you should definitely try it. if your that bothered about the geese there is a more ethical alternative

Original Poster

chesso;2143095

This is appalling on almost every level - decadent, cruel, … This is appalling on almost every level - decadent, cruel, unjustifiable.I trust that you are being ironic blackgerbil?

no I was being serious, I would eat it, but I dont think its right what they do to make the foie gras. I just went on yahoo and this was its main headline, just seeing if you guys/gals would pay £90 for a burger.

guerilla;2143111

foie gras is lovely, you should definitely try it. if your that bothered … foie gras is lovely, you should definitely try it. if your that bothered about the geese there is a more ethical alternative

I will be when i go on holiday later on in the year

skusey;2143044

:xfoie gras is revolting, geese are forced fed on wheat via a … :xfoie gras is revolting, geese are forced fed on wheat via a funnel-approx 1kg per day. Should be banned:x

I think its forced fed on sweet corn until the liver distends and you can see the marks of the ribs in it!

Very nice, but too rich for me! Think of a very creamy pate, chicken liver perhaps, then multiply up the taste factor 100%. Somewhere about there.

The way its done is a bit unethical, so is caviar etc, but I suppose if you are into taste, its the animal that suffers rather than your conscience!

EDIT - and I did say I am not particularly fond of it, meaning gimme a terrine any time!

black gerbil1;2143145

no I was being serious, I would eat it, but I dont think its right what … no I was being serious, I would eat it, but I dont think its right what they do to make the foie gras. I just went on yahoo and this was its main headline, just seeing if you guys/gals would pay £90 for a burger.

Flecks of gold leaf (on a brioche bun) - just for the look because it's tasteless and it is tasteless.
    This burger costs £90 - how tasteless is that? This is consumption for the sake of consumption.

littletiger;2143082

yeah.....an upper class nutter.....:whistling:

who, boris johnson ?

Original Poster

chesso;2143500

Flecks of gold leaf (on a brioche bun) - just for the look because it's … Flecks of gold leaf (on a brioche bun) - just for the look because it's tasteless and it is tasteless. This burger costs £90 - how tasteless is that? This is consumption for the sake of consumption.

hmmm tasty!

black gerbil1;2143544

hmmm tasty!

Might as well flick with some other yellowish stuff and save a tenner.

i dont even know what foie gras is :giggle:

ok googled it - yuk

does anyone remember the 4lb burger in Preston for £10 and you got your money back if you ate it all?

That is one expensive burger!

Mike..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      5. Tesco vouchers?11

See more discussions