Groups

WOW....What a lucky escape!

Banned
    A while back there was an offer posted here for a great deal on flights to Hong Kong with Oasis Airlines.

I managed to get the flights I wanted flying out on the 4th April (ie a few days ago) Unfortunately when I went to pay, we'd lost the flights. I rebooked for August - but cancelled a couple of hours later because I had asked if it was the rainy season and told it wasnt (and it is!) I managed to get a full refund.

Oasis has just gone bust. So I would either have been stranded now in Hong Kong - or lost all the money from the August trip!

Phew! Lots of people not so lucky though!

This is the deal: hotukdeals.com/ite…e=3

14 Comments

Yeh, they went into liquidation this morning... Cue BA to rise their prices :roll:

it missing

Proper lucky escape...... go for the next best....a Chinese takeaway and a few beers, much cheaper Guv:thumbsup:

After three weeks stuck out there, your family could have started the find GUV campaign. I'm sure Karen Matthews could offer advice:whistling:

You and your narrow plane-related escapes!!

wowwwwww!!! wata close call!

Well done Guv! :x

There are worse places to be stranded than Hong Kong!:w00t:

*sniffs* i'm one of thos who got those tix...
    was all excited cos i'd be flying after exams now i'm stuck tryoing to get a refund- also paid by visa debit so i'm just unlucky...

I don't understand, you didn't get to Hong Kong, where's the escape?

Wai2x;1870154

*sniffs* i'm one of thos who got those tix...was all excited cos i'd be … *sniffs* i'm one of thos who got those tix...was all excited cos i'd be flying after exams now i'm stuck tryoing to get a refund- also paid by visa debit so i'm just unlucky...

Awww...... hope you get it sorted, you must have been on quite a rollercoaster with this.

You have to feel sorry for everyone involved, the airline too, its refreshing to not have someone trying to rip you off. I flew with them last year and they were great! Can see why they went bust though, cost £120 one way!

I am one of the unlucky ones who booked this offer about 7 months. I paid £227 return. The annoying thing is they rang me up 2 weeks ago to change the flights, due to cancellations and I agreed and rejected the refund! I did pay on a barclays credit card - will I be able to receive anything back from barcalys do you think?

Does anyone if a refund is possible if payment was made by credit card?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions