Expired

Writing to companies to complain/compliment.

Found 6th Feb 2013
What have you gotten back from companies after complaining or complimenting their service?

I have frequently made genuine complaints or compliments to companies if I receive good products/service or bad.

Here are some I've written to over the past 4 years-

Tesco - brought some samosas from deli, wrong sticker was applied (it was meant to be £2. but was £12!) took it back and they gave me double the difference £20 giftcard.
Waitrose - mouldy naan bread - £6 voucher
ASK - awful, rude service, 55 min for main! - £40 vouchers
Revlon - Faulty mascara - £15 voucher
Muller - extremely lumpy but in date yogurts - £6 vouchers
Colman's - compliments to their season & shake bags - £2 voucher
La tasca - compliments to service and food - free drink voucher

If you have a bad experience I don't believe you should be made to deal with it and accept it as you can easily rectify the problem by contacting them. Feedback is good for businesses.
Community Updates
Misc
92 Comments
You need to get out more
I wouldn't really expect to receive anything for complimenting a product or service (and I have done in the past) and generally don't complain much.
I did however complain about the size of special k snack bars in South Africa, and was sent vouchers but I think I only complained as I was so grouchy after being starved on the special k diet at the time!
walkers crisps is a nice easy one, if you find a few burnt scabby bits in a packet just post it to them with a note saying how disappointed you are with a big brand like them & they'll send a letter of apology with £8 worth of vouchers...easy money
emilypam3la is that a pic of you in your avatar? If so your damn hot! What do you have to complain about?
You have too much time on your hands.
I complained about being made to leave Tesco an hour before they closed on a Saturday evening. I'd gone straight from work getting some dinner so I wasn't a drunken idiot raiding the booze isle. They sent me a £20 voucher and a letter of apology. I also complained once about the poor customer service I received in Matalan as they said they didn't take Say Shopping vouchers which had Matalan's logo on amongst other shops. The assistant acted like I'd slapped her mother and was horrid. They sent me a £20 voucher too. I do compliament great service too. I wrote to HSBC to tell them one of their assistants had really gone above and beyond to help me with my problem and they gave me £10. Plus it's nice for the assistant to get that feedback I'm sure!
I bought some feesh ravioli from tesco last week and hadn't noticed the use by date (but to be fair to myself it was hidden under cardboard packaging). I took it home and was going to make my tea and noticed the use by date was a week earlier. I took it back, got a refund and a replacement and a nice bottle of wine for my troubles.
2sly

You have too much time on your hands.

Coming from someone who posts on misc about football. Football is your chosen time waster... Each to their own. Plus it only takes 10 minutes of my life to find a contact email, and write an email.

emilypam3la

Coming from someone who posts on misc about football. Football is your … Coming from someone who posts on misc about football. Football is your chosen time waster... Each to their own. Plus it only takes 10 minutes of my life to find a contact email, and write an email.

football in an enjoyable sport/hobby/interest of mine. Guess yours is whinging for stupid reasons.
Great hearing about everyone's experiences... In my opinion, giving feedback is never a bad thing and I always advise my friends and family to do so if they've received bad or good customer service or experience with a company.. It takes hardly any time at all and as seen above, you get results
2sly

football in an enjoyable sport/hobby/interest of mine. Guess yours is … football in an enjoyable sport/hobby/interest of mine. Guess yours is whinging for stupid reasons.

How could writing emails be a hobby? It's not as if I do it daily. Get a grip.
I emailed a complaint to Whitworths prunes after finding a stone and they sent me £3 vouchers. I complimented Nivea Lip products and they sent me some vouchers cant remember how much. I have complained about other stuff and received vouchers every time but cant remember at the moment.
BA - terrible service; £100 of vouchers
Domino's - Wrong order and not being willing to retify it (even when I offered to drive to get it) - £10

I tend not to complain unless the service is absolutely terrible.
Are you Henry Root?
Lol slate me all you want it doesn't bother me at all.. but I would only complain about things where I have myself spent money and something has been wrong or in the restaurant situation, had awful service. I don't have a clue how to complain about adverts.. I don't watch them anyway ... Pause and play
I've only complained once...And that was for muller yogurts also...In date but watery, £5 voucher
i've bought multipack crisps and had empty packets sealed inside , so wrote to them and got £2 voucher same with ice lollies they also sent a voucher

boots sent me a £20 voucher for accusing me of being a shop lifter , when infact it was my best friend at the time who got caught and gave in my details
Wow purple22 what a friend?!! That's awful x
MayingPrantis

I'm not stalking you, you clearly are mad. I reported you again. Give it … I'm not stalking you, you clearly are mad. I reported you again. Give it a rest....................

final warning to you both,any more comments directed at one another will be actioned accordingly
barky

final warning to you both,any more comments directed at one another will … final warning to you both,any more comments directed at one another will be actioned accordingly

Thanks Barky
£30 refund from John Lewis for my parcel being late - it was only worth £70
emilypam3la

Wow purple22 what a friend?!! That's awful x

it was 13 years ago when we was at school , first i knew about it was when my mum got a letter saying i had been banned from all boots stores for the crime
Rich3194

emilypam3la is that a pic of you in your avatar? If so your damn hot! … emilypam3la is that a pic of you in your avatar? If so your damn hot! What do you have to complain about?

Was thinking the very same, its about time we had some fresh meat in the misk.
transit

Was thinking the very same, its about time we had some fresh meat in the … Was thinking the very same, its about time we had some fresh meat in the misk.

AND she has a sense of humour!
I'm feelin the love guys
Xxxx
emilypam3la

I'm feelin the love guys Xxxx

If you met me you would, most def!

fresh meat? you silver tongued devil it's also about time you posted a deal...4 years & still no contribution, shame on you

transit

Was thinking the very same, its about time we had some fresh meat in the … Was thinking the very same, its about time we had some fresh meat in the misk.

Rich3194

If you met me you would, most def!

Wotcha up to Rich? .... You don't want to get me jealous.!
2sly

football in an enjoyable sport/hobby/interest of mine. Guess yours is … football in an enjoyable sport/hobby/interest of mine. Guess yours is whinging for stupid reasons.

I think you need to work on your chat up lines. oO

Definitely not smooth enough.

I would give you some pointers, but I dont want emily suing me when she goes weak at the knees and falls over banging her head
Rich3194

AND she has a sense of humour!

No way! oO
booky

Hiya bookster.......errrrrrr ive been hacked? wasnt me? Did i tell you booky wooky that your looking so hot today?
transit

No way! oO

I know! unbelievable!
DarkEnergy2012

fresh meat? you silver tongued devil it's also about time you posted a … fresh meat? you silver tongued devil it's also about time you posted a deal...4 years & still no contribution, shame on you

Ive said it before - i just don't get the posting deals thing, anyone who posts a deal is a loser in my eyes.
Rich3194

I know! unbelievable!

Nots as good looking or humerous as booky though
transit

Ive said it before - i just don't get the posting deals thing, anyone who … Ive said it before - i just don't get the posting deals thing, anyone who posts a deal is a loser in my eyes.

Oy lad, av a word. i posted one once
Rich3194

Oy lad, av a word. i posted one once

It is overated
booky

2 fresh racks in 1 day.......this is something else oO
Recent ones all within last 4 months or so.

Sainsbury's bought a sofa - had rip in it and upon further inspection been built wrong,drivers refused to come back for it there and then,too much in a hurry they were to get off, they didn't want to unpack it etc ,they took days to collect it - £25 eVoucher for groceries given.

M&S loaf of bread - contained a fly - £25 voucher.

Tesco Direct - Mattress came but been packed up in the rain / wet warehouse ( was rolled and packed in wateproof packaging plus a box so must have happened at time of packing ) was bit wet, bit of a mystery, I managed to get it dry Tesco refunded £50 back onto the card, it was just a single one cost less than £100.

Bit of a petty one some might say, overcharged by 10p on bus for a day ticket - Voucher for free single journey,worth just over £2 depending how far you go. The prices had gone up and the ticket machines were not properly adjusted,I'd checked up online the prices before travelling so knew but driver insisted me to pay 10p more.
Edited by: "Mum2ConnornCerys" 6th Feb 2013
transit

2 fresh racks in 1 day.......this is something else oO

But this one belongs to me
Rich3194

Hiya bookster.......errrrrrr ive been hacked? wasnt me? Did i tell you … Hiya bookster.......errrrrrr ive been hacked? wasnt me? Did i tell you booky wooky that your looking so hot today?

Why thank you, kind sir, it must be the double thermal layer with extra latex and the sling back wellies that are having the desired effect on you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants