Groups

Wrong dell delivered.

Ordered a vostro 1310 from the outlet, and they have delivered a Latitude E6500.
    Phoned them up to tell them, and couldnt get anyone to help me. Im awaiting a call back.
    Has anyone been in a similar situation?
    What is the chances i get my original order?
    Will i only be offered a refund?
    Allowed to keep the delivered laptop?
    Its a bit annoying as i was looking forward to the vostro.

29 Comments

if business can refund inside 2 day.
    If home 30 days
    UK law.
    Ask for supervisor or manager.
    Can also request a UK agent, but might take a day for them to call you back

Original Poster

guru_the;3310443

if business can refund inside 2 day.If home 30 daysUK law.Ask for … if business can refund inside 2 day.If home 30 daysUK law.Ask for supervisor or manager.Can also request a UK agent, but might take a day for them to call you back

dont actually want a refund, i want the system i ordered.

which is better
    which is worth more i mean?

Both seem about the same me thinks..apart from lokos and the size of the screen.

I have a mate that ordered a new pc from overclockers...went for a low budget gaming machine...ended up getting the highest spec delivered by mistake.

lmao did he keep it?

why are you bothered the Latitude E6500 is by far the better, you paid £399 for your order and got a £800 laptop instead, i wouldnt contact them at all, its there lose

Original Poster

which is better?? well i wanted something smaller and more portable. Large storage and a webcam and graphics card.
    If i wanted a high res screen big lumpy laptop then maybe the latitude is better for me lol.
    Im only going to have to sell the latitude to buy something else, i am rather hoping dell supply me with a new laptop to my original spec rather than another outlet system.

sell it and re-order yours again lol

Original Poster

well phoned countless times now. waiting on call back with solution.......still.
    if no luck im selling

anyone interested?

latitude E6500
    p8400 c2d centrino2 2.26ghz 3mb L2 1066mhz
    120gb 7200rpm hdd
    1 x 2gb ram 800mhz
    1920x1200 screen
    bluetooth
    vista business
    3 year warranty
    4 cell battery.
    Backlit keyboard
    Ambient light sensor
    Seperate express card slots and pcmcia slots
    SC card slot and sc card swipe area

Original Poster

well no response to my emails, no help from the person i speak to when i FINALLY get through, promised 2 days in a row of a call back to sort this out and nothing. Previously had great service, but they have undone all faith i had in them.

i'll give u £399 for it if it has dvd rw box + all accessories

Original Poster

bargain surfer;3319253

i'll give u £399 for it if it has dvd rw box + all accessories

TBH, i might list it tomorrow, but im pretty sure thats too low an offer for what it is.
    yes it is boxed, and has all discs, and dvdrw

bearing in mind the warranty is probably void (as your order corresponds to the vostro not this latitude) i'll offer you the cost price of your original order +p&p. Then you can go buy the one u wanted!

Contact your credit card company and raise a dispute. They will refund you the funds whilst the matter is resolved. Needless to say, Dell will suddenly become very helpful when they realise they are a few hundred quid down!

Original Poster

Matt.Wild;3319871

Contact your credit card company and raise a dispute. They will refund … Contact your credit card company and raise a dispute. They will refund you the funds whilst the matter is resolved. Needless to say, Dell will suddenly become very helpful when they realise they are a few hundred quid down!

used a debit card....still the same procedure?

shanecr;3319921

used a debit card....still the same procedure?

If it's a Visa debit, then you should be fine.

Original Poster

Charlie&Lola;3319950

If it's a Visa debit, then you should be fine.

it does have visa logo on it yes.

shanecr;3319955

it does have visa logo on it yes.

As it's Visa that actually run the chargeback scheme, you should be able to start the process the same as if it were a credit card. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Charlie&Lola;3319960

As it's Visa that actually run the chargeback scheme, you should be able … As it's Visa that actually run the chargeback scheme, you should be able to start the process the same as if it were a credit card. :thumbsup:

well, i will give them tomorrow to contact me. im tired chasing them.

Visa debit offers very little protection but you never know.

my mate ordered a dell package and they delivered two towers, he let them know and they never took it!

Original Poster

Edbug;3320355

my mate ordered a dell package and they delivered two towers, he let them … my mate ordered a dell package and they delivered two towers, he let them know and they never took it!

that would be fine if i also got the laptop i ordered.

I have the 1 you want

Swaps?

*presses order on dell*

Original Poster

vengod;3320410

I have the 1 you wantSwaps?*presses order on dell*

do you ? :?

Original Poster

still waiting on Dell.....times running out for them.

Original Poster

Finally a phone call. They going to try locate my laptop and arrange a swap.

shanecr;3327682

Finally a phone call. They going to try locate my laptop and arrange a … Finally a phone call. They going to try locate my laptop and arrange a swap.

you've not had the best customer experience have you?
    wonder if there's any apology/sweetner on the way from them?

Original Poster

J9STL;3327829

you've not had the best customer experience have you?wonder if there's … you've not had the best customer experience have you?wonder if there's any apology/sweetner on the way from them?

in the past i have had excellent service. this is my 7th laptop from them in 2 years. Im sure things will end up in my favour.

Original Poster

shanecr;3327682

Finally a phone call. They going to try locate my laptop and arrange a … Finally a phone call. They going to try locate my laptop and arrange a swap.

i opened my mouth too soon. I had one call promising much, delivered little. Until i emailed telling them i was instigating a chargeback. At least i got customer services attention and i have a case number and the promise of getting the laptop i ordered.
    Time will tell.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1635
      2. Any Xbox One news today?2356128
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1324
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1220

See more discussions